UNTV Cup — the league of public servants— will kick off its seventh season on Monday, September 3, 2018 at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum.
Twelve teams are enlisted to compete in this edition:
1. Armed Forces of the Philippines – AFP Cavaliers
2. Department of Agriculture – DA Food Masters
3. Department of Justice – DOJ Justice Boosters
4. Government Service Insurance System – GSIS Furies
5. Supreme Court – Judiciary Magis
6. Malacañang / Philippine Sports Commission – Malacañang-PSC Kamao
7. National Housing Authority – NHA Builders
8. Office of the Ombudsman – Ombudsman Graft Busters
9. Philippine National Police – PNP Responders
10. Senate of the Philippines – Senate Defenders
11. Philippine Health Insurance Corporation – PhilHealth Plus
12. Philippine International Trading Corporation – PITC Global Traders
There are two new teams included this season: PITC Global Traders and seasons 1 and 2 alumni, PhilHealth Plus.
The play-for-charity league is the brainchild of BMPI CEO and public service advocate, Kuya Daniel Razon. It aims to bring camaraderie among public servants in the government through their common passion for basketball.
Champion — Senate Defenders — Kythe Foundation, Inc., Pangarap Foundation, Inc. and Tahanang Mapagpala Immaculada Concepcion, Inc. — P4,000,000 (beneficiary) + P500,000 (team)
Second Place — Malacañang-PSC Kamao — Philippine Children’s Medical Center and Millennium Sports Support System Association Inc. — p2,000,000 (beneficiary) + P300,000 (team)
Third Place — AFP Cavaliers — AFP Educational Benefit System Office — p1,000,000 (beneficiary) + P200,000 (team)
Fourth Place — NHA Builders — NHA Provident Fund Association, Inc. — P500,000 (beneficiary) + P100,000 (team)
OTHER PARTICIPATING TEAMS:
PNP Responders — Public Assistance for Rescue, Disaster and Support Services (PARDSS) Foundation International, Inc. — ?100,000
Judiciary Magis — Judiciary Employees Severely Affected by Typhoons and Calamities — P100,000
GSIS Furies — Kapisanan ng mga Manggagawa sa GSIS — P100,000
PDEA Drug Busters — Confederation of Community Oriented Policing System NGOs, (CCOPS-NGOs) Inc. — P100,000
BFP Firefighters — Philippine Science High School Foundation Inc. — P100,000
DOJ Justice Boosters — Department of Justice Employees’ Association (DOJEA), Silong Tanglaw, Uswag Kabataan Inc., and Nazareth Home for Children Foundation, Inc. — P100,000
DA Food Masters — Don Bosco Foundation for Sustainable Development — P100,000
DOH Health Achievers — Dr. Gerry Cunanan Mindanao Heart Foundation, and Kapwa Ko Mahal Ko — P100,000
COA Enablers — Caritas Novaliches, Inc. — P100,000
Ombudsman Graft Busters — Ombudsman Provident Fund — P100,000
On Monday, starting at 4pm, the UNTV Action Center will organize a People’s Day Public Service Bazaar where the public and UNTV Cup fans can avail services from the following participating government agencies: SSS, NBI, PAG-IBIG fund, Philpost and Philhealth.