Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Village chief shot dead in Tanza, Cavite

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, April 16th, 2018

A CCTV footage captures the murder of barangay chairman Leonilo Arbonido in Tanza Cavite, April 14, Saturday.

Authorities have recorded the first election-related crime in this year’s poll season after a barangay chairman in Tanza, Cavite was shot dead by gunmen riding-in-tandem on April 14, Saturday.

The slain barangay chairman was identified as Leonilo Arbonido, 59, the captain of Barangay Julugan VI.

In a CCTV footage, the victim was seen inside his store when the shooting happened.

The kin, on the other hand, refused to give a statement regarding the incident.

Abonido’s co-workers are saddened by the chairman’s death.

“Maasikaso siya sa amin sa barangay. Kami nga’y nanghihinayang dahil sabi ko nga isang matapat na kaibigan at pinuno namin,” said barangay kagawad Bayani Razon.

(He was kind to us. It’s a pity because he was a true friend and good leader.)

Arbonida has served for 16 years as a counselor and 10 years as the village chief.

Authorities are still looking into possible suspects in the killing. — UNTV News & Rescue

 

Tags: , , ,

Police eyes politics as motive behind Vice Mayor Alex Lubigan’s slay


by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Monday, July 9th, 2018

Fatal ambush of Trece Martires, Cavite Vice Mayor Alex Lubigan on July 7, 2018.

 

 

CAVITE, Philippines – Authorities are looking into politics as the reason for the assassination of Trece Martires Vice Mayor Alexander Lubigan on Saturday (July 7).

According to Cavite Police, the vice mayor announced his intention to seek election to a higher position the day before he was killed.

“Matatapos na ang term niya as vice mayor so isang option niya ay tumakbo sa mas mataas na posisyon which is pagiging mayor. In fact sinasabi  ng kaibigan din niya na mag-signify na siya ng intention to run for higher office,” said PSSupt. William Segun, Cavite Provincial Director.

This development prompted Police Region 4A Director PCSupt. Edward Carranza to order an investigation and hear the side of Mayor Melandres De Sagun on the case. Carranza, however, clarified that Mayor De Sagun is not among the persons of interest in the crime.

“Sa normal na krimen na ganyan, we get all the information from sources so since he is a public official we will also get some information from incumbent city mayor of Trece Martires,” Carranza explained.

Following the deaths of Tanuan City Mayor Antonio Halili and Trece Martires Vice Mayor Alex Lubigan, the Philippine National Police (PNP) is now checking on other local officials in Region 4A who are also receiving threats as directed by PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde.

“We will be reviewing and I will be tasking my provincial director kung ano ba ang mga present threat ng mga local chief executive sa buong Calabarzon…iyong mga places na dinadaanan ng ating mga chief executives. ayaw na kasi nating maulit ito. There be intense presence of the police and we will be also asking my PD (Police Directors) to review their checkpoints,” Carranza said.

Authorities are also examining whether both local officials were killed using the same firearm as the bullet shells found in the crime scenes were of similar caliber. – Benedict Samson / Marje Pelayo

Tags: , , ,

Dengue infections on the rise in Cavite

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Wednesday, June 27th, 2018

 

CAVITE, Philippines – Dengue cases in the province of Cavite have increased by 75%, according to the Cavite Provincial Health Office.

From over 1,400 cases in the period of January to June last year, the number almost doubled to 2,400 after six months to this year.

The local government of Cavite expressed concern that the figure might increase at this time of the year during the onset of the rainy season.

Thus, the provincial health office calls on residents to maintain cleanliness of surroundings and clear their areas of possible breeding grounds to dengue-carrying mosquitoes.

“Magsama-sama tayong puksain ang pinamumugaran ng lamok sa ating nasasakupan sa ating komunidad. Alam po natin na hindi lamang dengue ang naidudulot ng mga lamok,” advised Dr. Nelson Soriano, OIC for Public Health at Cavite Provincial Health Office. – UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , ,

PDEA seizes over P70 million worth of shabu in Cavite, Parañaque

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Tuesday, June 5th, 2018

PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino presented the four drug suspects and confiscated shabu worth P74.8 million at a press briefing. 

 

QUEZON CITY, the Philippines – The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) has seized more than P70-million worth of shabu in two simultaneous operations in Cavite and Parañaque City.

Authorities nabbed four suspects in separate operations that yielded a total of 11 kilograms of shabu valued at P74.8 million.

The suspects were identified as Dolores Dela Cruz, 51; Melchor Robelles,29; Daniel Hernandez, 21; and William Ibañez.

According to PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino, the Bureau of Customs (BOC) tipped them about a suspicious package traced from a freight forwarding service at Clark Freeport Zone in Pampanga. PDEA personnel proceeded to inspect the package. After confirming that the substance was shabu, operatives launched a simultaneous massive manhunt in Barangay San Martin De Porres in Parañaque and in San Nicolas in Bacoor, Cavite.

Operatives seized from suspects in the Parañaque operation, one box containing six kilograms of shabu declared as grill pans and stool bars valued at P44.2 million.

Meanwhile, authorities in Cavite also seized another box containing more than 4 kilograms of shabu, declared as piano chairs, valued at P30.6 million.

The suspects are now facing charges for violation of the Comprehensive Dangerous Act of 2002. – Joan Nano | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , ,