Videos of failed police operations, to be featured in police training sessions

Maris Federez   •   July 19, 2019   •   1267

Courtesy: PNP

Police officers undergoing training will be able to review past operations of the Philippine National Police (PNP) that had gone wrong.

This follows the directive of PNP chief, PGen. Oscar Albayalde to the PNP Training Service which aimed at involving the police officers in evaluating and analyzing the situations in past operations.

“Isama lahat yan sa mga ibat ibang trainings, ng mga different levels of trainings na inaattendan ng mga ibat ibang police officers whether they are noncommissioned officer, so that this will all serve as lessons learned para sa amin [All (videos) must be featured in the training sessions of the different levels being attended by police officers, whether they are non-commissioned officers, so this will all serve as lessons learned for all of us],” Albayalde said.

The PNP chief also stressed the importance of showing the videos to the police so that there will not be any repeat of the blunders committed in police operations.

“Hindi lang itong insidente na ito ang pina- consolidate namin [This is not the only incident that we are consolidating. We are] including the incidents years, years back. These will all be shown in the different schools that we have nationwide, para sa mga schooling esp. sa mga commanders on the ground [especially for commanders on the ground],” he added.

Among the videos to be shown to police on training are the Quirino Grandstand hostage-taking that happened in August 2010; the hostage-taking of a child in a bus terminal in Pasay City on May 31 wherein the child was accidentally shot by the responding police officer; and the drug operation in Rodriguez, Rizal where 3-year old Kateleen Mica Ulpina was also shot dead while police officers were pursuing her father who is a suspected drug pusher. (with details from Lea Ylagan) /mbmf

Mga lumalabag sa curfew at iba pang ordinansa sa gitna ng pandemya, huhulihin ng PNP

Robie de Guzman   •   July 13, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Nagbabala ang Philippine National Police (PNP) na huhulihin ang mga lumalabag sa mga lokal na ordinansa kasabay ng pagpapaigting ng anti-criminality campaign nito sa gitna ng coronavirus pandemic.

Sinabi ni PNP chief Police General Archie Gamboa na bukod sa pagsawata sa krimen, babantayan rin nila ang mga sumusuway sa mga ordinansa ng bawat lungsod gaya ng curfew hours, pagbabawal sa paninigarilyo, at pag-iinuman sa labas ng bahay, at paglabas ng walang pang-itaas na damit.

Maging ang mga lumalabag sa minimum health protocols gaya ng hindi pagsusuot ng face mask at kawalan ng physical distancing ay huhulihin din.

“Yes we will apprehend and file appropriate case,” ani Gamboa.

Paliwanag ng hepe ng pambansang pulisya, layunin nito na mabawasan ang lalo pang pagkalat ng novel coronavirus disease sa gitna na rin ng dumaraming bilang ng kaso nito sa bansa.

“This is a national concern na dapat tulong-tulong tayo. So, sana huwag na pasaway para wala na kami hulihin,” sabi ni Gamboa.

Umaasa ang PNP chief na paiiralin ng publiko ang disiplina at susundin ang mga ipinatutupad na batas at ordinansa sa bansa sa gitna ng kinakaharap na krisis sa kalusugan. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

Cops infected with COVID-19 now over 1,000 – PNP

Robie de Guzman   •   July 10, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The number of police officers who have tested positive for novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has climbed to 1,006, figures from the Philippine National Police (PNP) showed.

The PNP Health Service said 25 additional infections have been reported but there were no new deaths so the total fatalities remains at nine.

A total of 455 cops have recovered from the viral respiratory disease.

The PNP Health Service said it is also monitoring 651 probable cases and 1,252 suspected cases of COVID-19.

The Philippines has so far recorded a total of 51,745 COVID-19 infections, with 12,813 recovered patients and 1,314 fatalities. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

50 Chinese nationals arrested for illegal POGO operations

Aileen Cerrudo   •   July 7, 2020

Fifty Chinese nationals were arrested by the Makati City Police on Monday (July 6) for working in an illegal Philippine Offshore Gaming Operator (POGO) firm.

The Makati City Police conducted an operation in Barangay Pio del Pilar after receiving complaints from residents about an illegal gambling operation.

NCRPO director Police MGen. Debold Sinas said various electronic devices including laptop computers, cellphones, and wifi routers were seized in the operation.

The arrested Chinese nationals will face various charges, such as violation of the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012, violation of RA 10176, and violation of article 515 in relation to RA 11332, as well as the city’s general community quarantine guidelines. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.