US coup plots vs. Duterte admin, not credible — Magdalo Group

admin   •   December 29, 2016   •   4545

President Rodrigo Duterte (left) and Magdalo representative Gary Alejano.

 

The Magdalo group does not believe the news of a planned coup attempt against President Rodrigo Duterte.

According to Magdalo Party-list representative Gary Alejano, despite the President’s anti-US statements, reports of US-led destabilization plots are not credible.

“Sa akin, wala akong nari-receive na information. Ang alam ko dismayado ang US sa kaniya. Given naman yun. Ibig sabihin, sino naman hindi madismaya sa ginagawa ni Duterte sa kanila?” Rep. Alejano said in a phone interview.

(For me, I didn’t receive any information. What I know is US is dismayed with him. It’s already a given. Meaning, who will not be dismayed by what Duterte has been doing against them?”

Rep. Alejano said, there may be those who want to create new issues like coup plans to justify the declaration of martial law.

“Ang gusto talaga ni Duterte ay revolutionary government. Malayo yun. Pero hindi basta-basta makarating tayo doon. Kaya matagal nang pino-float ang martial law kasi that’s what he desire,” Alejano added.

(What Duterte really wants is a revolutionary government. That’s way off.  We don’t get there just like that . So, they’ve been floating  the idea of martial law for some time now because that’s what he desires.)

Meanwhile, House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez already said that he wants Congress to investigate the matter of coup plots against the administration.

For its part, the Makabayan bloc acknowledges reports of such coup plot against the Duterte administration.

This is the reaction of the opposition group after news of US’ involvement  in alleged destabilization plan surfaced .

According to Anakpawis party-list representative Ariel Casilao, this is because there are definitely some forces that do not agree with the leadership style of President Duterte. — Nel Maribojoc | UNTV News & Rescue

Duterte to consider AFP stand against holiday ceasefire with Reds – Palace

Robie de Guzman   •   December 3, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte will consider the position of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) against declaring a ceasefire with communist rebels this holiday season, Malacañang said Thursday.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said Duterte normally “gives a lot of weight” on the recommendations of the military.

“Pakikinggan po ‘yan, but ultimately it’s only the President who will decide,” he said during a press briefing.

AFP spokesperson Major General Edgard Arevalo earlier said the military will not recommend a holiday truce with the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP), and its armed wing, the New People’s Army, due to the rebels’ “incapacity for sincerity.”

“This was the AFP’s painful experience where the communist terrorist group reneged from their own ceasefire declaration by attacking and killing soldiers on humanitarian and peace and development missions,” Arevalo said.

“During the incumbency of a truce, these terrorists continued their extortion activities and committed crimes of murder, arson, and the likes,” he added.

Arevalo, however, said that the AFP would support whatever the decision of President Rodrigo Duterte will be despite their position on the matter.

Last year, the government and the CPP-NPA both declared a truce during the holiday season, from December 23, 2019 to January 7, 2020. – RRD (with details from Correspondents Rosalie Coz and Lea Ylagan)

Duterte to attend virtual UN General Assembly on COVID-19

Robie de Guzman   •   December 3, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte is set to participate in the 31st Special Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic from December 3 to 4, Malacañang said Thursday.

The Palace said Duterte is expected to deliver the Philippine Statement on December 3, where he will further amplify his call for global solidarity in addressing the challenges posed by the COVID-19.

The president is also expected to raise universal access to the anti-COVID-19 technologies, as well as the need for global efforts to ensure the availability of safe and effective vaccines to peoples of developing nations.

During the 75th UNGA session last September, Duterte also said that COVID-19 vaccines “must not be denied nor withheld,” and that “it should be made available to all, rich and poor nations alike, as a matter of policy.” – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)

Duterte authorizes FDA to issue emergency use of COVID-19 vaccines

Robie de Guzman   •   December 3, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has allowed the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to issue emergency use authorization (EUA) for COVID-19 vaccines and drugs that are expected to be made available in the Philippines next year.

Under Executive Order (EO) No. 121 signed on Dec. 1 and made public by Malacañang on Wednesday, Duterte granted authority to the FDA director general to issue EUA for COVID-19 drugs and vaccines, subject to provided conditions.

The EO stated that an EUA on a COVID-19 vaccine or drug shall be issued and remain valid only when all of the following circumstances are present:

  • Based on the totality of evidence available, including data from adequate and well-known controlled trials, it is reasonable to believe that the drug or vaccine may be effective to prevent, diagnose or treat COVID-19;
  • The known and potential benefits of the drug or vaccine when used to diagnose, prevent or treat COVID-19 outweigh the known and potential risks of the drug or vaccine, if any; and
  • There is no adequate, approved and available alternative to the drug or vaccine for diagnosing, preventing or treat9ing COVID-19

An application for the issuance of an EUA shall be submitted by the industry or government agency concerned, such as the national procurer or public health program implementer, the EO read.

The FDA shall then convene a panel of experts on drug and vaccine development to review available data on the safety and effectiveness of a COVID-19 drug or vaccine applied for an EUA. The panel will then submit its report and recommendations to the FDA director general.

“In evaluating applications for EUA, the FDA director general shall have the power to implement reliance and recognition processes for emergency use of drugs and vaccines,” the order stated.

“For this purpose, the FDA director general may accept the regulatory decision of the WHO (World Health Organization), US-CDC, or other internationally recognized and established regulatory authorities,” it added.

An EUA issued pursuant to the order shall be valid within the duration of the declared public health emergency due to COVID-19, and may be revoked or revisited by the FDA director general.

FDA director general Eric Domingo earlier assured they will not compromise public safety with the sped-up process.

The Philippine government is looking to administer the vaccines to at least 70 million Filipinos under an immunization program that may be carried out within three to five years. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.