Up to 70k jobs up for grabs at DOLE June 12 job fairs
Robie de Guzman • June 11, 2019 • 1462
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) will hold job fairs in 21 locations nationwide in time for the celebration of the Philippine Independence Day.
DOLE said its Independence Day Job and Business Fair, with the theme “Kalayaan 2019 Tapang ng Bayan, Malasakit sa Mamamayan,” will be held on June 12, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
DOLE said more than 70,000 local and overseas jobs will be offered to applicants.
Top vacancies for local employment are production machine operators, production worker/factory workers, customer service representatives, call center agents, sewers, sales clerks, cashiers, delivery crews, service crews and marketing officers.
For overseas employment, the top vacancies are cleaners, professional nurses (general), waiters/waitresses, service crews, company drivers, registered midwives, staff nurses, english language teachers (Japan), janitress, barista, technicians (general) and nursing aides.
DOLE said the job fairs will be held in the following areas:
National Capital Region (NCR)
San Andres Sports Complex, Malate, Manila
Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)
Sky Zone, Porta Vaga Mall, Upper Session Road, Baguio City
Nepo Mall, Dagupan City
Candon Civic Center, Candon City, Ilocos Sur
Union Christian College, San Fernando City, La Union
Peoples Gymnasium, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
Ayala Malls, Harbor Point, Subic Freeport Zone
Pavilion Mall, Biñan City, Laguna
Liwasang Aguinaldo (FREEDOM PARK), Kawit, Cavite
San Jose, Occidental Mindoro
888 Premier Mall, Bacolod City
Cebu City Sports Complex/ Abellana National School
Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu
Lamberto L. Macias Sports and Cultural Center, Dumaguete City
Provincial Covered Court, Catbalogan City, Samar
KCC Mall de Zamboanga, Gov. Camins Road, Zamboanga City
ATRIUM, Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City
NCC Mall Buhangin, Km. 7, Tigatto Road, Buhangin,
Trade Hall SM City Gensan, General Santos City
PLGU Training Center, Capitol, Butuan City
Interested applicants are advised to bring with them the following requirements: multiple copies of resume or curriculum vitae; 2×2 ID photos; photocopy of training certificates, PRC license (if applicable), diploma (if applicable) and certificate of employment (for previously employed).
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has assured job security for the Filipino crew in the quarantined cruise ship Diamond Princess.
DOLE Usec. Ana Dione. said the labor attache of the Philippines in Japan is already coordinating with the Japanese company that owns the Diamond Princess for the job security of the repatriated Filipino crew.
“Tutulong and DOLE diyan through our POLO [Philippine Overseas Labor Office] offices na i-secure iyong kanilang trabaho, now kung mag-desisyon sila kung babalik o hindi nasa kanila na iyon (DOLE will help through our POLO offices in securing their jobs. Now, it is their decision if they wish to return or not),” she said.
After the 14-day quarantine on Wednesday (February 19), the DOLE said they are prepared to repatriate the over 500 Filipino crew and passengers.
“Exact date ay hindi natin iyan kayang sabihin sa ngayon, (we cannot say the exact date as of now) but we are hoping that within this month,” according to Dione.
The repatriated Filipinos will also undergo the 14-day quarantine period, based on the protocol of the Department of Health (DOH).—AAC (with reports from Dante Amento)
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) on Thursday said it has requested the Department of Health (DOH) to lift the travel ban for overseas Filipino workers (OFW) to Taiwan amid the threat of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
In a statement, Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said he has coordinated with the DOH for his request to review its decision and lift the temporary travel ban soon.
“For those who are affected by the travel ban in Taiwan, we ask for your patience and in a few days, there will be a review. While waiting for the lifting of the ban, we are providing financial assistance,” Bello said.
The labor chief assured that stranded overseas workers who are members of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) will receive P10,000 financial assistance amid the crisis.
Affected OFWs will also be provided with accommodation, food and transportation assistance.
Bello asked stranded OFWs to wait for the result of the assessment for the next three to five days.
“We are seeking understanding from our OFWs because the implementation of a temporary ban by the DOH is for your own safety as well,” he said.
“We hope for a possible lifting of the ban in a few days,” he added.
The Philippine government earlier imposed a travel ban on China and its special administrative regions, Hong Kong and Macau, in an effort to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus. It later expanded the travel restrictions to include Taiwan.
The Taiwanese government questioned the Philippines’ move and reportedly warned to impose countermeasures should the latter keeps the entry ban.
MANILA, Philippines – Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Secretary Silvestre Bello III on Friday issued an apology to the government of Dubai for his earlier statement that a Filipino worker there recently died of coronavirus.
In a statement, DOLE clarified that the death of Filipino worker, identified as Amalia Collado Daproza, was not a case of novel coronavirus.
“Based on a belated report received by the office of Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III from the Philippine Labor Office in Dubai, results of confirmatory tests conducted by the Pathology and Genetics Department of the Dubai Health Authority on Daproza’s specimen yielded negative of the novel coronavirus,” DOLE said.
“Secretary Bello nonetheless wishes to apologize to the government of Dubai for the confusion and whatever anxiety that the announcement may have caused,” it added.
Bello on Thursday told media that a Filipino in Dubai had died of “coronavirus” based on earlier information provided to his office.
He, however, did not say if the worker was infected with the novel coronavirus strain which caused the outbreak in China.
The Dubai Government Media Office in a Facebook post denied Bello’s claim, saying tests conducted on the deceased person showed she did not contract the virus.
“The Dubai government media office denied the validity of the statements by the Philippine minister of labor regarding the death of a Filipino woman in Dubai due to the new coronavirus,” the post stated.
“The deceased was suffering from a respiratory infection and laboratory tests showed she did not have the virus,” it added.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.