UNTV donates face shields to NCRPO

Aileen Cerrudo   •   March 28, 2020   •   1060

MANILA, Philippines — UNTV on Friday (March 27) donated 100 face shields to the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO).

The 100 face shields will be used by the NCRPO personnel manning the quarantine-controlled checkpoints in Metro Manila.

NCRPO Director PMGen. Debold Sinas admitted that the Metro Manila Police lack personal protective equipment (PPEs).

The NCRPO previously used improvised face shields made of acetate as protection for the policemen working as frontliners against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

He also said that the donation of UNTV and other private sectors is a huge help in their operations during the enhanced community quarantine.

“Pasalamat kami sa UNTV dahil nag-donate sila ng face shields (We are grateful to UNTV for donating face shields),” he said. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

NCRPO in favor of placing Metro Manila under MGCQ

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 19, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said it is in favor of relaxing the quarantine classification in Metro Manila from General Community Quarantine (GCQ) to Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).

According to NCRPO Director PMGen. Vicente Danao Jr., this is to ease the load of police officers who have been monitoring quarantine controlled points for almost one year.

It could be a very very welcome development for all of us at least. Siguro nakikita ng taas na nako-kontrol na natin ang virus. Hopefully, as long as hindi po natin maba-violate ang basic health protocols (Maybe the higher-ups are seeing we are controlling the virus. Hopefully, as long as we do not violate the basic health protocols),” he said.

Aside from this, easing the quarantine classification can also help them in focusing more on their anti-illegal drugs, anti-criminality, and anti-terrorism campaign.

Meanwhile, Danao also reiterated that the public should still follow the minimum health and safety protocols.

“Let us be responsible enough to really, follow the basic like wearing a facemask, face shield, social distancing,” he said. -AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

6th Wish Music Awards pioneers a groundbreaking new normal for PH music industry

Marje Pelayo   •   January 18, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The country’s top FM station Wish 107.5 staged another milestone in the Philippine music industry with a concert inside not just any venue but at the Big Dome on Sunday (January 17).

The radio station of the famed Wish Bus, once again proved that it is truly “breaking boundaries”, that despite the pandemic it was able to pull off a grand concert for a cause and gathered some of the top Filipino artists at the 6th Wish Music Awards hosted by celebrity-athlete Gretchen Ho and “Asia’s Romantic Balladeer,” Christian Bautista. 

“It’s so nice to see people get a chance again to perform for their fans live, to just have a feel of the stage again,” said Ho.

Attendees underwent swab testing, while health protocols and proper sanitation procedures were strictly observed.

Each of the hosts and performing artists was given a microphone for their exclusive use throughout the event.

For the RT-PCR and antigen tests, Wish 107.5 partnered with Maxicare Health Corporation.

Only attendees with negative results were allowed to enter the venue.

The entire Big Dome also underwent massive disinfection for the safety of the attendees.

All productions and technical crew were required to use face masks and face shield throughout the event and floor markings were placed to guide them of the proper social distance.

The event at the Big Dome was not opened to the public, but fans and supporters were still able to enjoy the show as it was streamed live through Wish 107.5’s official YouTube channel.

Viewers on Sunday night reached to over 40,000 and the event hashtag #WishMusicAwards trended on Twitter with almost 200,000 tweets.

This year, the station gave two prestigious awards to individuals who made major contributions to the Philippine music industry, starting off with OPM legend and renowned lyricist, Rey Valera and Journey frontman and singer-philanthropist, Arnel Pineda.

“It is an honor to be bestowed this prestigious award; the prize money you’re going to give to us will definitely make a difference to the lives of our beneficiaries,” Pineda said, receiving the KDR Icon of Music and Philanthropy award.

“Salamat sa Kuya Daniel. Natutuwa ako puro kabataan ang nakikita ko. Nakikita ko ang kinabukasan ng OPM. Napakinggan ko ang mga lyrics nila. Importante sa akin iyon. Gusto kong mangyari kung ano ang mangyayari bukas,” Valera said receiving the KDR Icon of Musical Excellence award.

Winners in this year’s Wish Music Awards received P25,000 each while their chosen charities received P100, 000 each.

Among the highlights at Sunday’s event was the debut performance at the Wish Awards of OPM royalty, ‘Parokya ni Edgar’ and the award-winning Australian singer-songwriter Guy Sebastian.

Wish 107.5’s creator and innovator Kuya Daniel Razon, who on Sunday graced the event inside the Wish Bus, expressed his gratitude to all OPM artists for keeping their music alive to heal, to inspire and to give hope in the face of a pandemic. 

“I wish to tell all of you, that your endeavors are very much appreciated,” noted Kuya Daniel, President and CEO of BMPI-UNTV which manages Wish 107.5.

“Ang inyong mga awitin at musika ay nanatili para patuloy na umaliw, patuloy na dumamay, sa bawat lumbay, sa bawat pangamba at sa bawat takot. Mayroon pong mga titik, mayroong tinig at tunog na palaging nagbibigay buhay at kahulugan sa mga damdaming ito. I would like to thank you all for being our hidden heroes during this difficult time,” he added.

Kuya Daniel vows to continue helping more Filipino artists by providing an avenue for the promotion of their music and an opportunity to spread goodwill through Wish 107.5. MNP (with reports from Mirasol Abogadil)

READ: 6th Wish 107.5 Music Awards: Complete List of Winners

NCRPO denies torture claim of two respondents in Dacera case

Aileen Cerrudo   •   January 14, 2021

Respondents in the Christine Dacera Case

MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) has denied the torture claims of two respondents in the Dacera case.

NCRPO Director PBGen. Vicente Danao Jr. defended the Makati Police against allegations that police officers tortured two of the respondents.

The respondents reported that they were tortured to say there were illegal drugs present during the New Year’s Eve party or the night before the death of flight attendant Christine Dacera.

Danao said no police authorities abused or forced the respondents to influence their statements regarding the case. He also questioned the two on the sudden retraction of their statements.

“They’ve been coming out sa different social media and the same story ang sinasabi nila during their interviews at iyong mga info na inilabas nila sa kanilang Facebook page mismo. Wala naman silang sinabi na nabugbog sila, bakit ngayon biglang nagkaroon ng bugbugan (They’ve been telling the same story during the interviews and from the stories they released in their Facebook page. No one said something about getting tortured, then all of a sudden, there was tortured involved?),” he said.

On Wednesday (January 13), respondents JP dela Serna and Rommel Galido alleged that they were abused by police authorities mentally and physically to force them to provide false information.

“I retracted it because they were the ones who put words into my mouth na magturo ako ng tao sa nangyari (to pin the incident on someone) […] tutulungan nila kaming makalabas if ever magsasabi kami kung sino iyong tao (they said they will help us get released if we give them a name),” Dela Serna said.

Galido, previously said Christine told him about a certain Mark who allegedly put something in her drink. Galido clarified that Christine just told him she had drunk too much.

“Fino-force kami na dapat magsabi, magturo kami ng someone kapalit ng kalayaan namin. Siyempre, wala akong alam kung anong dapat gawin. Gulong gulo iyong isip ko.. Any options i-grab [ko] para matapos na ito. Sabi ko doon, si Mark. Si Mark iyong nasabi ko which is hindi naman dapat talaga kasi wala namang sinabi si Christine na Mark (They forced us to put the blame on someone in exchange for our freedom. Of course, I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to grab any option just to end this. I told them it’s Mark which is not true because Christine never mentioned someone named Mark),” Galido said.

Meanwhile, the NCRPO released photos proving no torture was done against the respondents. Danao added that the respondents could face raps for retracting their statements regarding the case.

“Pwede silang file-an ng perjury kasi under oath iyon na sinabi nila, (They could be charged with perjury because they said those statements under oath),” he said.

Danao also said they added more names to the list of respondents. The NCRPO hopes that the involved individuals would cooperate to shed more light on the case. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.