U-turn slot at Commonwealth Ave to close beginning March 29

admin   •   March 27, 2018   •   5454

MRT-7. Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will begin on Thursday the construction of MRT Line-7 along Commonwealth Avenue. Heavy traffic is expected.

MANILA, Philippines — On Thursday, March 29, the U-turn slot on Commonwealth Avenue near Philcoa will be closed to motorists as EEI Corporation will begin the excavation of a tunnel for the MRT Line-7.

“Magkakaroon na ng major movement dito sa Commonwealth going to Circle. Maghuhukay na ang MRT-7 pailalim ng Circle, so gagawa na ng tunnel. We need to close down some lanes sa Commonwealth,” said Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) general manager Jojo Garcia.

(There will be major movement in Commonwealth going to Circle. Excavations will begin for MRT-7 that will reach the underground of Circle. A tunnel will be made so we need to close down some lanes along Commonwealth.)

Instead of turning right, the MMDA advised motorists to turn to Commonwealth Avenue, east bound lane, and to ply the stretch of Commonwealth Avenue.

The MMDA and the EEI Corporation vowed to set up appropriate traffic signs and signaling lights to assist affected motorists.

The closure of the U-turn slot will begin on the March 29 at 12 noon. Authorities will reopen it to motorists in August.

The heavier traffic flow is expected to affect an estimated of 13,000  motorists who use the U-turn slot during rush hour.

The contractor of the MRT-7 vows to follow the schedule for the construction to avoid any delay in the project.

Should the contractor fail to follow the timeline, the MMDA will impose a fine of P25,000 daily until it follows their agreement.

“Napakalinaw po ng instruction namin sa EEI. Yung work area hindi sila pwedeng lumagpas dun. Kung may heavy equipment paparada diyan, just let us know, papahinto natin yan or magpepenalty sila,” said Garcia.

(Our instructions to EEI are very clear: they should not go beyond the work area. So if a heavy equipment parks there, let us know, we will order a halt and they will face penalties.) — Joan Nano| UNTV News & Rescue

MMDA sets up decontamination tents in hospitals, gov’t offices to combat spread of COVID-19

Robie de Guzman   •   April 7, 2020

Decontamination tents

MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Tuesday said it has installed decontamination tents in several public hospitals and government offices in Metro Manila to help curb the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

The MMDA said that as of April 6, decontamination tents have been set up at the Philippine Heart Center, the East Avenue Medical Center, the Malacañang Palace, the Department of Health Central Office in Tayuman, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)-National Relief Operations Center in Pasay, and another DSWD satellite office in Quezon City.

The agency said the tents are equipped with a diffuser system that sprays disinfectant to people passing through it before they are allowed to enter the premises of offices or hospitals.

“It aims to decontaminate and disinfect health workers, frontliners and everyone visiting the hospitals and government offices to help contain the entry and spread of covid-19,” MMDA chairman Danilo Lim said in a statement.

Lim said they are planning to put up more decontamination tents in major hospitals in Metro Manila.

It can be recalled that the MMDA had set up a similar disinfection tent at the entrance of its headquarters in Makati City last month.

The body temperature of employees and visitors were also checked by personnel using a thermal scanner.

Eastbound part of Quezon Avenue to be closed for Summer MMFF parade in April

Robie de Guzman   •   March 3, 2020

Metro Manila Film Festival

MANILA, Philippines – The eastbound direction of Quezon Avenue in Quezon City will be closed to vehicular traffic on April 4 to give way to the Parade of Stars for the first summer edition of the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF), the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced.

In a statement issued Monday, the MMDA said the eastbound lane of Quezon Avenue from Mabuhay Rotunda to Quezon Memorial Circle will be closed from 12 noon to 8 p.m.

An hour before the parade, the entire eastbound stretch of Quezon Avenue will be cleared and illegally parked vehicles will be towed, the agency said.

The westbound lanes of Quezon Avenue will remain open.

Due to the road closure, the MMDA advised affected motorists to take the following alternate routes:

For vehicles towards EDSA/Quezon Memorial Circle

From Manila Area (España Blvd.), turn right at Blumentritt Rd. then left at Sto. Tomas Street or Matimyas Street, right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave. towards East Avenue to destination. 

For vehicles towards EDSA/Quezon Memorial Circle

From Manila Area (España Blvd.), turn right at Blumentritt Rd. then left at Sto. Tomas Street or Matimyas Street, right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave. towards East Avenue to destination.

For vehicles towards Manila Area

From Quezon Avenue, turn right at D. Tuazon Street, then left at Piy Margal Street, left at Blumentritt Road, then right at España Blvd to destination.

Vehicles coming from Cubao towards Manila Area

From Aurora Cubao, straight to E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, left Cordillera St., right Sto. Tomas St., right Blumentritt to Manila.

Vehicles coming from Manila towards Cubao Area

From España, right Blumentritt, left Sto. Tomas, left Cordillera, right E. Rodriguez to destination.

Vehicles coming from Manila towards SM North

From Laong Laan Road, right Maria Clara, left Araneta Avenue, right Del Monte Ave., left West River Side, straight Pitimini, left Judge Juan Luna, right MH. Del Pilar, left Bansalangin to destination.

The Parade of Stars will be hosted by the Quezon City government.

The parade, which will run for 7 kilometers, will feature floats carrying celebrities of the eight file entries in the upcoming festival.

QC gov’t to remove cease and desist order vs MRT-7 station construction

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 26, 2020

The Quezon City government will remove the cease and desist order against the construction of the MRT-7 station 2 in Quezon City Memorial Circle.

This was after the Department of Transportation (DOTr) said it will release a new design for the MRT-7 station 2.

“Sa Friday po, February 28 ay naktakda po na i-present iyong proposed redesign ng station 2 (And on Friday, February 28, we will present the proposed redesign of station 2),” according to DOTr Usec. for Railway Timothy John Batan.

The Quezon City government previously released a cease and desist order against the MRT-7 station 2 construction after the design was not the one approved by the local government.

The cease and desist order also aims to preserve the city’s landmark. Quezon City LGU Representative Atty. Mark Dale Perral said they will review the new design on Friday.

“We will analyze this on Friday and rest assured that in cooperation with DOTr and San Miguel Corporation, we will immediately lift order of stoppage of the above works construction,” he said.

Meanwhile, Batan said the construction of the MRT-7 remains on schedule.

The MRT-7 project is worth P75 billion and will operate from San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan to Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City.—AAC (with reports from Vincent Arboleda)

TAGS   , ,

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.