Tuguegarao City Mayor assures following guidelines in home quarantine protocols

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 27, 2021   •   140

Tuguegarao City Mayor Jefferson Soriano has reiterated that the local government is following guidelines in its home quarantine process.

This, after the Cagayan Province Government slammed the city’s home quarantine process, saying it has become a cause of the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

Soriano assured that they are strict in implementing as well as monitoring patients undergoing home quarantine; however, he lamented the local government does not have enough health workers.

Lahat po ng protocols sinusunod ng Tuguegarao lahat ng executive orders ng National Government hindi lang Provincial Government. Kung ano ang sinasabi ng National IATF [Inter-Agency Task Force] sa DOH [Department of Health] iyan ang ginagawa po namin (Tuguegarao is following all protocols, including all the executive orders of the National Government as well as the Provincial Government. Whatever the National IATF and the DOH say, we do it),” he said.

The city mayor also assured that its residents are safe since barangay health workers are closely monitoring patients in their area.

Under the implemented protocols of the DOH, only mild and asymptomatic cases are allowed to undergo home quarantine and it is the responsibility of barangay health workers to coordinate with patients in need of further assistance.

“Our local governments were instructed to monitor constituents who are doing home quarantine or home isolation,” according to DOH Spokesperson Maria Rosario Vergeire.

Patients under home quarantine are also prohibited to leave their rooms and interact with their relatives as much as possible to prevent the spread of the virus.

Meanwhile, there are also local government units that implement reverse isolation if there are more infected members of the family in one household.

This is when non-infected individuals go to isolation facilities until their infected relatives recover at home. -AAC (with reports from JP Nuñez)

Umano’y nasayang na supply ng COVID-19 vaccine sa Cotabato, iniimbestigahan na — DOH

Robie de Guzman   •   May 17, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Iniimbestigahan na ng Department of Health (DOH) ang napaulat na pagkasayang umano ng supply ng COVID-19 vaccine na ipinadala sa bayan ng Makilala sa Cotabato.

Ayon kay Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire, nasa 348 doses ng Sinovac COVID-19 vaccines ang umano’y nasayang matapos mapabayaan sa loob ng freezer nang magkaroon ng power outage sa lugar.

Paalala naman ng kagawaran sa mga lokal na pamahalaan na bantayang maigi ang kanilang COVID-19 vaccine supply upang matiyak ang wastong temperature sa pag-iimbak nito.

“Hindi lang po isang beses isang araw ang ginagawang pagmo-monitor ng temperatura ng bakuna. Ito po ay ginagawa kada apat na oras,” ani Vergeire.

Nakipag-ugnayan na aniya sila sa lokal na pamahalaan kaugnay ng insidente.

“As to the sanctions, they were already advised and the local government has been coordinated with by our regional Office,” ang wika ni Vergeire. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Aiko Miguel)

IATF upgrades mayors, governors in COVID-19 vaccination priority list

Robie de Guzman   •   May 17, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) has included mayors and governors in the top priority group for the government’s COVID-19 vaccination.

Under Resolution No. 115-B approved on Monday, the IATF said all governors and mayors or all local chief executives will now be among the priority group A1.5 for vaccination, “regardless of the risk classification of their respective local government units (LGU).

The country has around 1,634 provincial governors and city and municipal mayors.  They were previously under the fourth sector (A4 category) composed of essential workers.

The first sector includes healthcare workers, the second priority group is composed of senior citizens while the third sector includes persons with co-morbidities.

The Philippines has so far administered over two million vaccine doses since the government rolled out its immunization program on March 1.

Phl logs 5,790 new COVID-19 cases, bringing total to 1,143,963

Maris Federez   •   May 17, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health (DOH) on Sunday confirmed that the Philippines has recorded 5,790 new cases of the coronavirus disease, bringing the active cases to 54,904.

This means that the country has recorded a total of 1,143, 963 COVID-19 cases as of Sunday, 4 pm.

The DOH also reported 7,541 new recoveries. This has brought the total number of Filipinos who recovered from the viral infection to 1,069,868.

The health department also logged 140 more deaths from the fatal disease,  DOHbringing the country’s COVID-19 death toll to 19,191.

The DOH said the low number of new cases was due to the low testing output of laboratories on May 14.

TAGS   ,

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.