Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Transportation department to resolve MRT’s long queues in 100 days

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Saturday, July 9th, 2016

A long queue of commuters in MRT station.

A long queue of commuters in MRT station.

One of the changes that the commuter will feel in the next 100 days is the improvement at MRT 3.

The transportation department is eager to shorten the long queues at the stations.

Twenty trains during rush hour is the ideal number to avoid the long queue.

Now, the number of trains do not go below fifteen every day.

“The parts are coming in. The maintenance provider is doing a good job of maintaining the trains. That’s one of the target and objectives of the new management of DOT,” said MRT General Manager Roman Buenafe.

According to the new undersecretary for rail, Noel Kintanar, long queues at the station are an indication of a problem.

“The ultimate indicator for success and failure in MRT-3, LRT-1 and LRT-2 are the queues. Let us not complicate things. Commuters only wish to shorten the queue,” Kintanar said.

But two things have to be done to maintain the excellent service of MRT: the upgrade of the signaling system and power supply.

Kintanar said, even if new trains will arrive, they cannot be utilized if the signaling system and power supply will not be upgraded.

The power supply and the signaling system are expected to be upgraded in the first quarter of 2017 along with the arrival of the 40 new coaches from China.

If this happens, the speed of the trains will increase. And there will be a four-car train on the rails.

“There are 3 coaches in 1 train. Think of it as 4 coaches. This means that it will increase by 33%. Commuters will feel the change and that is what we’re after,” Kintanar added.

The transportation department is now fixing the location where the common station will be constructed.

The department assures that it will be constructed in a location that is beneficial to everyone.

The transportation deparment is appealing to the commuters to be more patient. Real change is not achieved in only one day. More time is needed plus the cooperation of everyone.

(UNTV NEWS)

Tags: , , , , ,

2nd set of Dalian trains hit the MRT-3 tracks

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Wednesday, December 12th, 2018

(file photo)

MANILA, Philippines — The management of MRT-3 has began the deployment of the second set of Dalian trains as part of its reliability, availability, maintainability and safety test.

The second set of Dalian trains composed of three coaches hit the tracks on Tuesday (December 11).

These are set to run during off-peak hours from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm starting December 11-15.

However, from December 16 to 23, the trains are set to operate from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Transportation Undersecretary for Railways Timothy Batan explained that a total of 150 hours test-run is needed to be completed to determine whether they are safe for commuters’ use under normal operation of the MRT. — UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: ,

Dalian trains to go on simulation run prior to 2018 debut

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Monday, October 1st, 2018

MANILA, Philippines – Railway engineers from the Department of Transportation (DOTr), MRT-3, the Philippines National Railways, and CRRC Dalian recently convened to discuss the conduct of a simulation run of Dalian trains this October.

The said test run aims to review the reliability and compatibility of Dalian trains before officially hitting the tracks by the end of the year.

The MRT management, meanwhile, assured that the simulation run will not affect the MRT-3’s regular train services.

Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade previously said that they plan to inaugurate the official operation of the 48 Dalian trains before the end of 2018 only if they pass safety and security standards. – Marje Pelayo (with reports from Joan Nano)

Tags: , ,

Pres. Duterte to take action once probe on P60-M ad deal is complete – Malacañang

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Friday, May 4th, 2018

FILE PHOTO: President Rodrigo Duterte.

MANILA, Philippines – The Office of the President is now looking into the controversial P60-million advertisement contract placed in the program managed by the brothers of Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo in the state run-People’s Television (PTV 4).

However, the presidential spokesperson refused to divulge who particularly in the president’s office investigates the issue.

But Malacañang assured the probe includes all those involved and the president will take appropriate actions once the investigation is complete

“Many reports have reached the OP, and the president have taken action on these. Don’t be on a rush, let the investigations proceed to determine if reports are correct or not, the president has already a track record on this,” Presidential Spokesperson Roque said.

Previous reports said that aside from Tourism Secretary Teo, the probe also covers Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar.

Andanar oversees PTV 4 as Palace communications chief.

“Of course it would be an investigation that would cover everyone. I leave the statement of SAP Bong Go for whatever it is worth, he was the one quoted as having said Secretary Andanar is part of that so I let it be,” Roque added.

Andanar, meanwhile, refused to give comments on this issue while investigations are ongoing.

For now, Malacañang said President Duterte has no directives for Cabinet members involved in the controversy to resign, particularly Secretary Teo.

“Every Cabinet member, unless they’re fired, enjoys the trust and confidence of the president,” the presidential spokesman said. – Rosalie Coz | UNTV News & Rescue

 

Tags: , ,