Times Square, target din sanang pasabugin ng mga suspek sa Boston marathon bombing ayon sa New York Police

admin   •   April 26, 2013   •   2277

FILE PHOTO: Ang Times Square sa Midtown Manhattan, New York City na tinagurian ding  "The Crossroads of the World" at "The Great White Way". (PHOTOVILLE International / Aaron Romero)

FILE PHOTO: Ang Times Square sa Midtown Manhattan, New York City na tinagurian ding “The Crossroads of the World” at “The Great White Way”. (PHOTOVILLE International / Aaron Romero)

New York, USA – Ipinahayag ng  suspek sa Boston marathon bombing na si Dzhokhar Tsarnaev na plano nilang gamitin ng kanyang nasawing kapatid ang natirang explosive sa pagpapasabog sa Times Square sa New York.

Narekober sa ginamit na sasakyan ng magkapatid ang limang pipe bomb at isang pressure cooker explosive tulad ng ginamit nila sa pagpapasabog sa Boston.

Ayon kay New York Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly, sa kanilang interrogation kay Tsarnaev, lumalabas na plano rin ng magkapatid na isunod na pasabugin ang Times Square.

Ngunit hindi ito natuloy nang madiskubreng hindi sapat ang gasolina ng na-hijack na sasakyan na makarating ng New York. (UNTV News)

Filipino community preps for biggest PH Independence Day celebration in NY

admin   •   April 24, 2018

File Photo: Philippine Independence Day parade in Manhattan New York

NEW YORK, USA — Japanese Shigemasa Nakano and Ernest Lanetti have always seized the opportunity to take part in any celebration hosted by the Filipino community in New York.

They will join the community in the biggest Philippine Independence Day celebration outside the country.

For the two of them, they have grown closer to the Filipino community because of the group’s values.

“I’ve been meeting a lot of Filipinos and you guys are really nice people. I love you guys,” Nakano said.

“Well, we’re looking forward for the Independence Day parade. We always go and the Filipinos are among the friendliest and loving people I know, so I always enjoy it,” Lanetti said.

Nakano and Lanetti were among the foreign guests at the tribute event, “A Knight to Remember” sponsored by the Philippine Independence Day Council Inc. (PIDCI) and held at the Philippine consulate in New York.

The night signaled the preparation for the Philippine Independence Day parade in June.

“We have the usual participants but it promises to be bigger, more colorful and more festive,” PIDCI Pres. Antero Martinez said.

Every year, the Independence Day parade is held in New York. Honorary Grand Marshall Ambassador Marion De Leon said the event is a good opportunity to present the Filipino community to the city of New York.

“Ang interest natin is for us as a community na makilala dito sa America (Our aim is to be recognized as a community here in America.) For us to be known as an ethnic group that is respected,” De Leon said. — Sonny Cos | UNTV News & Rescue

 

 

New York adds 1,500 more sidewalk barriers after vehicle attacks

admin   •   January 4, 2018

New York City will install more than 1,500 new barrier posts on sidewalks and plazas to protect pedestrians from vehicles after at least two instances last year of drivers killing people after mounting the curb.

Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Tuesday the thin, cylindrical, waist-height metal posts, called “bollards,” are intended to be a more attractive alternative to the hulking concrete blocks the New York police department had deposited in busier areas around the city following the vehicle attacks.

“We knew we needed long-term solutions. We needed permanent barriers and that they had to integrate into the life of the city. They had to still allow people to get around because these are some of the busiest streets in the world. People have to be able to get around, but they have to be safe at the same time,” said the mayor.

The mayor spoke within sight of the place where an intoxicated man in  May steered a car along sidewalks for three city blocks, killing a young woman and injuring at least 22 people.

“When someone with a vehicle plows into a group of innocent pedestrians. It’s disgusting. But we know there are some out there who mean to do us evil and we will protect against it. It’s also important to recognize that sometimes,” said Blasio.

In October, a man plowed down people on a Manhattan Bike Lane, killing eight. He was charged with murder and providing support to Islamic State, which the United States has designated a terrorist group.

No Filipinos hurt in NYC truck attack – DFA

UNTV News   •   November 2, 2017

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_110117_Manhattan New York

The Philippines has extended its condolences to the families of the victims in the recent terror attack in New York City and prayed for the immediate recovery of the injured victims.

Meanwhile, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) confirmed that there were no Filipinos who died or have been injured in the incident.

The Philippine Consulate in New York also reminded Filipinos to avoid going to the area where the attack took place.

The Filipinos in New York are also advised to take extra caution.

Six were killed on the spot, while two others were dead on arrival at the hospital after a truck drove down a bike lane in Manhattan, New York.

Two children and two adults were among the injured. Three victims remain in critical condition Tuesday evening, including the killer, who was undergoing surgery.

“We hope and we pray for the victims and families and for all those who witnessed it and make sure the children are taken care of, of course,” witness Chaim Zaklos said.

Based on the report of the New York Police, the suspect, identified as 29-year old Sayfullo Saipov, rented the pick-up truck he used for the crime, which also injured more than 10 people.

The suspect was armed with paintball and pellet gun. Saipov also collided with a school bus before descending the truck.

The police shot the suspect in the abdomen before he was arrested.

“It’s a very painful day in our city, a horrible tragedy on the west side. Let me be clear, based on information we have at this moment. This was an act of terror, and a particularly cowardly act of terror aimed at innocent civilians, aimed at people going about their lives, who had no idea what was about to hit them, ” New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

The latest incident of a suspected terror attack recorded the highest number of causalities since the 9-11 attack on the Twin Tower of the World Trade Center in 2001.

“Everybody has to be really alert. Don’t look at your cell phones all the time. Anything can happen any time. That’s the world we live in,” witness Walter Wickiser said.

The NYPD and FBI have opened a terror investigation into the attack, and are looking for computers and phones belonging to Saipov, who has a criminal record for several traffic violations. – Rosalie Coz | UNTV News & Rescue

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.