Singil sa kuryente ng MERALCO, bababa ng 19 sentimo ngayong Enero
admin • January 8, 2015 • 2715
Ang pagbaba sa Meralco electric bill ngayong Enero
MANILA, Philippines – Dahil sa patuloy na pagbaba ng generation charges mula sa iba’t-ibang planta sa ilalim ng power supply agreement at pagbaba ng presyo ng coal, magpapatupad ang Manila Electric Company o MERALCO ng bawas-singil sa kuryente ngayong Enero.
Bababa ng P0.19 kada kilowatt hour (kWh) ang singil sa generation charge ng MERALCO.
Ibig sabihin, kung ang isang konsyumer ay kumokonsumo ng 200 kWh, bababa ng halos thirty-nine pesos ang singil sa kuryente ngayong buwan.
P58.22 naman para sa mga kumokonsumo ng 300 kWh, habang nasa P77.62 para sa 400 kWh, at halo isang daang piso naman para sa mga kumukonsumo ng 500 kWh.
Ayon sa MERALCO, ito na ang pinakamalaking pagbaba ng singil sa generation charge sa loob ng halos tatlong buwan.
Kung susumahin, aabot na sa halos 79 centavos ang kabuoang ibinababa ng singil sa generation charge simula November 2014 hanggang ngayong Enero 2015.
Ngunit sinabi ni MERALCO Spokesperson Joe Zaldariaga na hindi nila masisiguro kung magpapatuloy pa ang pagbaba ng singil sa kuryente sa mga susunod na buwan.
“The series of the lower generation charges for the past three months maybe difficult to sustain, especially during summer months, where we expect warmer temperatures. It is also going to coincide with the scheduled shutdown of the Malampaya gas facility sometime in March to April,” paliwanag nito.
Samantala, hinihintay naman ng MERALCO kung maglalabas ng temporary restraining order ang Korte Suprema hinggil sa feed in tariff.
Ang feed in tariff ay ang dagdag bayarin sa mga consumer na mula sa mga power producer na gumagamit ng renewable energy.
“Itong feed in tariff kasi expected to be in the costumers by February, so Meralco will collect this and remit it eventually to transco, but the cost will go to the plant operators of the renewable energy,” saad pa ni Zaldarriaga.
Posible namang madagdag na naman ang naturang bayarin sa mga consumer sa susunod na buwan sakaling walang ilabas na TRO ang korte. (Joan Nano / Ruth Navales, UNTV News)
The Manila Electric Co. (Meralco) has announced that power rates for the month of September will go down due to the low demand for power supply during the quarantine period.
In a statement, Meralco said a household consuming 200 kilowatt-hour (kWh) is set to save around P12 this month. Households consuming 300 kWh, meanwhile, will save P19. For households consuming 400 kWh and 500 kWh will save P25 and P31, respectively.
Meralco Utility Economics Head Lawrence Fernandez said the limited operations of several establishments brought by quarantine protocols also contributed to the low power rates.
“Noong nagkaroon ng reimposition ng MECQ (Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine) for two weeks in August, nakakita rin tayo ng pag-reduce ng demand (During the reimposition of the MECQ for two weeks in August we saw a reduction on the demand) for the month of August and this was reflected in the rates this month,“ he said.
This is the fifth consecutive month that Meralco implemented power rate cuts in their overall charges.
Meanwhile, the electric company still has to confirm if they will also extend its ‘no disconnection policy’ which is set to end on October 31, 2020.
Meralco Spokesperson Joe Zaldarriaga said the company has also yet to decide on the P20 million fine from the Energy Regulatory Board (ERC) due to the bill shock.
“Our lawyers are studying the order of the regulator. Hopefully, soon, we will be able to give you a more concrete answer in so far as the penalty is concerned,” he said. -AAC (with reports from Asher Cadapan Jr.)
The Manila Electric Company (Meralco) has announced that the company will be providing discounts to qualified ‘lifeline customers’.
Meralco President and CEO Atty. Ray Espinosa said around 2.77 million lifeline customers will be able to receive the discount. Lifeline customers are those who have an electric consumption of 100 kilowatt-hours of electricity per month or below.
“Makakatanggap sila ng diskwento sa kanilang distribution charge equivalent to a total of 101 million pesos. Iyan po ay ibibigay natin as additional credit sa kanilang bills na darating (They will receive a discount in their distribution charge equivalent to a total of 101 million pesos. We will place that in the additional credit in their upcoming bills),” he said.
Lifeline customers paying through the Meralco app will not be charged with the P47 convenience fee.
Meanwhile, Meralco assured they are implementing actual meter reading and not estimated meter reading that was implemented during the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) period.
For any complaints, Meralco advises its customers to visit their website at www.meralco.com.ph/residential or their Facebook page. Customers can also contact its call center hotline: 16211. –AAC (with reports from Vincent Arboleda)
MANILA, Philippines — Power distributor Manila Electric Company (MERALCO) has announced that it is extending its no-disconnection period until October 31, 2020.
Meralco president and CEO Ray Espinosa on Monday (August 24) said this is to allow customers to save up and settle their unpaid bills.
The extension is an additional one month of grace period from the original deadline of September 30.
“Ito po ay bilang tugon sa inyong request na i-extend ko po ang suspension ng disconnection hanggang end ng October para mas mabigyan ng panahon ang ating mga customers na makalikom ng sapat na pambayad sa kanilang mga bills,” Espinosa said during the hearing of the House Committee on Good Government and Public Accountability.
(This is in response to your request to extend the suspension of disconnection until October to give our customers ample time to prepare funds to pay their bills.)
Espinosa added that the company will also provide a power rate discount amounting to P101 million as relief assistance to around 2.77 million lifeline customers who consume 100 kilowatt-hours (kwh) or less monthly.
This, according to Espinosa, was in response to the suggestion of the House leadership.
“Bilang tugon sa mungkahi ni Speaker Alan Cayetano, kami naman ay magbibigay ng relief or ayuda sa kanila na equivalent to a total of P101 million mula sa aming distribution charge. Ang pagbabasehan namin dito ay ang mga lifeline customers as of February 2020,” he said.
(In response to the recommendation of Speaker Alan Cayetano, we are giving relief to our customers equivalent to a total of P101 million from our distribution charge. Our basis will be our lifeline customers as of February 2020.)
“Ginagamit natin ang February 2020 kasi yun ang huling actual meter reading bago nagkaroon ng ECQ (enhanced community quarantine) at MECQ (modified enhanced community quarantine), at dito malalaman natin sino ang mga lifeline customers na yun na inabutan ng ECQ at MECQ,” he added.
(We are using the February 2020 as basis because that was the last actual meter reading before the imposition of ECQ and MECQ. From this, we will be able to determine the lifeline customers affected by the ECQ and MECQ.)
Customers have been overwhelmed with huge electricity bills in May and bombarded the company with complaints.
This prompted the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) to flag Meralco and explain how it computed its customers’ bills during the period of the enhanced community quarantine.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.