Breaking News
  • Duterte declares Marawi ‘liberated from terrorists’
Currency
    Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

    Senator Trillanes files criminal and administrative complaints vs. PCOO Asec. Uson

    by UNTV   |   Posted on Friday, September 22nd, 2017


    MANILA, Philippines — Senator Antonio Trillanes IV has charged Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Assistant Secretary Esther Margaux Justiniano Uson or popularly known as Mocha Uson  six counts of criminal complaints before the Office of the Ombudsman.

    The complaints stemmed from the alleged fake news Uson posted on her social media account about the alleged bank account numbers and hidden wealth of Trillanes outside of the country.

    “Three of these are for the cybercrime offense of libel. One is for her violation of the anti-graft and corrupt practices act for using her position to cause undue tom for another party,” said Trillanes.

    The senator filed the complaints three days after he went to Singapore to personally prove that he has no offshore or hidden account in the said country.

    Trillanes said he will use as evidence the information he got from DBS Bank that states the bank account number posted by Uson on her social media is non-existent.

    “What Mr. Duterte said, that he just made it up, and what he said as the real account. The two are all made up. That’s the evidence I will use against them,” said the complainant.

    “The era of fake news is over. Those who spread fake news will be held liable under the law,” said Trillanes.

    Aside from this, the senator also filed an administrative complaint against the former starlet.

    He also asked the ombudsman to oust Uson from her post for committing grave misconduct following her violation of the code of conduct and ethical standards of public officials and employees.

    On the other hand, Malacañang through Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said, “He is free to do so.”

    Trillanes is also studying the possibility of filing complaints against other personalities, he claims, are also involved in the issue. — Nel Maribojoc | UNTV News & Rescue

    Tags: , , , , , , ,

    Leave a Reply

    Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

    PRRD dismisses Police Generals Pagdilao and Tiño over illegal drugs

    by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, October 9th, 2017

    IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_100917_Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella

    Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella

    MANILA, Philippines – Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea had already signed last week the dismissal order for former National Capital Region Police (NCRPO) Chief Joel Pagdilao and former Quezon City Police District (QCPD) Director Edgardo Tinio.

    Malacañang said the two high-ranking officials of the Philippine National Police (PNP) were sacked for being administratively liable due to serious neglect of duty and serious irregularity in the performance of their duties.

    The two generals allegedly failed to properly perform their functions.

    The palace claimed Pagdilao and Tinio’s neglect in performing their duties well resulted in the proliferation of illegal drugs in the areas of their responsibility.

    Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said they have yet to know if the two will face criminal charges.

    “We cannot speculate on what are the next steps of the president. But I’m sure that he — knowing this, he, again and again, he said that this is an apparatus. And that these are interlinked with other with other personalities,” Abella said.

    Abella remained mum on whether other high-ranking PNP officials will also suffer the same fate. He also refused to confirm if Pagdilao and Tinio are involved in the illegal drug trade.

    “Up to this stage, all information that we have been supplied has been there… the keywords are ‘deliberately refused’ to perform their duties. In other words, neglect by default, ” Abella said.

    Pagdilao and Tinio are included in the narco list of President Rodrigo Duterte which contains the names of personalities allegedly involved in illegal drug trade.

    The other alleged narco generals Mr. Duterte named were retired Deputy Director General Marcelo Garbo, retired Chief Superintendent Vicente loot and former Western Visayas Police Director Bernardo Diaz. – Mon Jocson | UNTV News & Rescue

    Tags: , , , ,

    Drop in President Duterte’s ratings, expected — Malacañang

    by UNTV   |   Posted on Monday, October 9th, 2017

    President Duterte’s ratings, expected

    President Rodrigo Duterte

    MANILA, Philippines — The net satisfaction rating of President Duterte dropped by 18 points based on the latest survey of Social Weather Station.

    From 66 % in June, it dropped to 48 % in September.

    The net trust rating of the president also decreased by 15 points, from 75 % in June to 60% or “very good” net trust rating.

    This means, fewer Filipinos trust and are satisfied with the leadership of the chief executive.

    But Malacañang said that the result of the survey is expected since the past administrations also had this.

    However, the public ratings of President Duterte are still high.

    These things are traditionally happening after a year and a year and a half, you know the love is still there,” said Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella.

    He also said popularity is not the concern of the president but rather, he dwells on keeping his campaign promises such as resolving corruption, criminality, and illegal drugs in the country.

    “Basically, the major factor is that people are still expecting that economic shift that will put more food on the table, it’s basically a matter of expectation,” added Abella.

    Malacañang reiterated that the Duterte administration listens to the sentiments of the public.

    Meanwhile, Presidential Chief Legal Counsel Atty. Salvador Panelo believes the killings of some teenagers such as Kian delos Santos and Carl Arnaiz by abusive policemen have effects on the SWS survey ratings. 

    President Duterte will make sure these policemen will answer for their crimes.

    But Panelo said, the president won’t be perturbed with the surveys and he will continue his war on drugs. — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News and Rescue

     

    Tags: , , , , , , ,

    President Rodrigo Duterte fires two employees of the Malacañang

    by UNTV   |   Posted on Friday, October 6th, 2017

    MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte said the two were just using the influence they have for their own interests.

    “I even fired today, I signed firing two people in Malacañang for using their influence. They were employees here and they were talking a lot outside, I hate that,” said the president.

    Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella, meanwhile, refused to name the fired employees.— UNTV News & Rescue

     

    Tags: , , ,