Sara Duterte tells VP Robredo to ‘refrain from giving advice if she knows nothing’
Marje Pelayo • June 14, 2021 • 510
MANILA — Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio on Monday (June 14) told Vice President Leni Robredo to “refrain from giving advice if she knows nothing about what is happening on the ground.”
This was Mayor Sara’s response to Robredo’s remark about how Davao City could learn from Cebu City as to how it successfully controlled the surge of COVID-19 cases by partnering with the private sector.
Robredo added that the COVID situation in the President’s hometown is quite “alarming.”
The presidential daughter said Robredo should “avoid involving the COVID-19 surge in Davao City in her attempt at politicking.”
“This has been the hallmark of her term as VP, where she puts forth comments on matters and affairs she lacks understanding and knowledge on and does not offer anything helpful to solve a problem,” Duterte-Carpio said in a statement.
She added that Robredo “should not attack the medical community of Davao City as being inactive when they have been silently suffering and working tirelessly to help save lives since March of last year.”
“She should open her eyes to the surge of cases in localities all around the world and she might be able to say that a surge in cases where 85% of the cases are asymptomatic is primarily identified by aggressive testing, coupled with tracing and isolation/quarantining,” she said.
Robredo made her comments after the announcement from 1Sambayan naming her as one of the coalition’s nominees for next year’s election.
Robredo and Duterte-Carpio are among the preferred names for the presidential polls next year.
“There will be a proper time to attack my performance as a [local chief executive] in this pandemic if she dares to run for President,” the younger Duterte said.
To date, Davao City tops the list of local government units with the most new cases of COVID-19 per day for the period of June 5 to 11 based on a report of the OCTA Research group.
Records show that Davao City has an average of 180 new cases per day during the said period followed by Quezon City with an average of 168 new cases per day.
MANILA, Philippines – Ipinagtanggol ng Palasyo ng Malakanyang ang panibagong kontrobersiyal na pahayag ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte hinggil sa pagdadala ng maraming pera sa pangangampanya.
Ayon kay Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, fund-raising sa mga pribadong indibiduwal ang tinutukoy ng punong ehekutibo na hindi naman aniya ipinagbabawal ng batas.
Batid rin aniya ng pangulo na iligal gamitin ang pondo ng taumbayan para sa anomang partisan activities lalo na sa vote-buying.
“There is no prohibition in the Omnibus Election Code to raise funds from private individuals for the candidacies of individuals. So, that is what the president meant, it is an assurance to his party mates that he will not only physically campaign for them he will also raise funds for them,” ang paliwanag ni Roque.
Sa National Assembly ng partidong PDP-Laban sa Clark, Pampanga noong Sabado, sinabi ni Pangulong Duterte na handa siyang mangampanya para sa mga miyembro ng partido na nais muling kumandidato sa nalalapit na halalan. Magdadala rin aniya siya ng sako-sakong pera.
“Those running for reelection, ikakampanya ko kayo city por city. Totoo ‘yan. Kayong mga nagtatakbo, I will — I commit to you. Talagang pupunta ako city por city, province por province, kakampanya ko kayo. Pero — at saka magdala ako ng maraming pera por sako kung mayroon,” ang pahayag ng pangulo.
Una nang kinuwestiyon ni Bagong Alyansang Makabayan Secretary-General Renato Reyes ang pahayag na ito ng punong ehekutibo at sinabing may salapi ang pangulo para sa kampanya pero walang pera para sa ayuda sa pandemic response, at mga sektor na labis na naapektuhan ng krisis.
Samantala, sinabi naman ng Palasyo na sa kasalukuyan ay wala pang pinal na listahan ng senatorial bets si Pangulong Duterte para sa 2022 elections bagaman ilan na sa kaniyang mga gabinete ang iniendorso nito sa publiko. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Rosalie Coz)
The Davao City government has announced it will soon launch a website that will serve as a one-stop-shop exclusive for all COVID-19-related information including vaccination registration and certificates.
Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte said this website will hopefully tackle concerns of people that are not addressed through the COVID-19 hotlines.
“It has been discussed with the Davao City COVID-19 Task Force, and we noticed solution usually sa information problem is to open a hotline. Ang usual problem pud ani people assigned there do not know how to handle kung unsa ang buhaton and they are using numbers which cannot carry multiple calls and they several hundreds of text messages,” Duterte said in a local radio interview on Monday.
(It has been discussed with the Davao City Task Force. Usually, the solution to the information problem is opening a hotline but there is also a concern that the people assigned there do not know how to handle and they do not know what to do. They are using numbers that cannot carry multiple calls and several hundreds of messages)
The mayor said that this website will contain information about the COVID-19 response of the city.
“People would just go there. This also solves the problem with our FB account, sometimes it is difficult to scroll down information,” she added.
According to COVID-19 Task Force Spokesperson Dr. Michelle Schlosser, the website will also include guidelines set by the COVID-19 Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.
“Covid-19 Task Force is working on this website to make services related to Covid-19 response available to the public online, thereby addressing the confusion on some rules and regulations imposed by the government against the spread of the coronavirus,” she said.
MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday said that the public should consider him as a serious candidate for vice presidency in the 2022 elections at this time “to maintain equilibrium.”
Duterte made the remark as he admitted that floating his possible vice presidential bid is just “political posturing.”
“Posturing yan eh, political posturing so that they would not treat you badly kasi paalis na ako eh,” Duterte said during the inauguration of the Light Rail Transit 2 East Extension Project when asked about his plans for 2022.
“Maybe at this time, you can say that maybe, para to maintain the equilibrium sa lahat, consider me a candidate for the vice presidency at this time,” he added.
Duterte said that if he wins as vice president and the next president would not be his ally, all he has to do is “join the military and the police in the fight against crime and drugs” and “go around ASEAN countries for a more cohesive relation between them.”
Some members of the president’s party, PDP-Laban, have been urging Duterte to seek the vice presidency in next year’s poll.
He earlier said that running for vice president is “not a bad idea” and that he might join the race if there is “space” for him.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.