RTC issues search warrant vs Kapa-Community Ministry International
by Aileen Cerrudo | Posted on Tuesday, June 11th, 2019
The Regional Trial Court (RTC) has issued a search warrant against the Kapa-Community Ministry International in Tagum City.
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) went to the office of the Kapa-Community Ministry International.
Authorities knocked several times, however, no one responded. The NBI then seized ID’s, logbooks, and other items in the office.
The police, meanwhile, continues to monitor other investment schemes in the Davao region.
“Na-monitor namin is around 39. Iyong 14 is allegedly nag-close upon monitoring namin that time ay bumalik dahil naka-secure daw sila ng permit, (We monitored 39 [investment schemes]. Fourteen already closed upon our monitoring that time. They went back because they said they havde already secured their permit)” according to Police Regional Office XI Spokesperson PMaj. Jason Baria.
President Rodrigo Duterte himself has ordered the shutdown of the Kapa-Community Ministry International and other investment schemes in Mindanao.
“There have been numerous complaints with the president, in fact, me too, I have been receiving complaints about certain people there that may have prompted the president from ordering,” according to Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo.
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) had previously issued a cease and desist order against the religious firm but Kapa did not respond.—(with reports from Janice Ingente)
by Maris Federez | Posted on Friday, July 19th, 2019
Police officers undergoing training will be able to review past operations of the Philippine National Police (PNP) that had gone wrong.
This follows the directive of PNP chief, PGen. Oscar Albayalde to the PNP Training Service which aimed at involving the police officers in evaluating and analyzing the situations in past operations.
“Isama lahat yan sa mga ibat ibang trainings, ng mga different levels of trainings na inaattendan ng mga ibat ibang police officers whether they are noncommissioned officer, so that this will all serve as lessons learned para sa amin [All (videos) must be featured in the training sessions of the different levels being attended by police officers, whether they are non-commissioned officers, so this will all serve as lessons learned for all of us],” Albayalde said.
The PNP chief also stressed the importance of showing the videos to the police so that there will not be any repeat of the blunders committed in police operations.
“Hindi lang itong insidente na ito ang pina- consolidate namin [This is not the only incident that we are consolidating. We are] including the incidents years, years back. These will all be shown in the different schools that we have nationwide, para sa mga schooling esp. sa mga commanders on the ground [especially for commanders on the ground],” he added.
Among the videos to be shown to police on training are the Quirino Grandstand hostage-taking that happened in August 2010; the hostage-taking of a child in a bus terminal in Pasay City on May 31 wherein the child was accidentally shot by the responding police officer; and the drug operation in Rodriguez, Rizal where 3-year old Kateleen Mica Ulpina was also shot dead while police officers were pursuing her father who is a suspected drug pusher. (with details from Lea Ylagan) /mbmf
by Aileen Cerrudo | Posted on Friday, July 19th, 2019
Gabriela Partylist questions the random inspection to be implemented by the Philippine National Police (PNP) on protesters during President Rodrigo Duterte’s State of the Nation Address (SONA).
The party-list said the said measure violates the constitutional right to privacy.
According to their statement, the random inspection might probably lead to harassment or arrest of protesters without a proper warrant.
“Such security overkill dangerously sets up a pretext for intimidation, harassment and even warrantless arrest of activists based on planted evidence,” they said in their statement.
An estimate of over 40,000 protesters will join the anti-Duterte administration rally on Monday (July 22).
The Philippine National Police (PNP) announced on Thursday (July 18) that they will ‘most likely’ conduct random inspections on protesters as part of their strict implementation of security measures.—AAC (with reports from Grace Casin)
by Aileen Cerrudo | Posted on Friday, July 19th, 2019
The Liberal Party (LP) has branded the filing of sedition charges against Vice President Leni Robredo, bishops, and the opposition as a form of “harassment” and “persecution”.
Opposition Senator Francis Pangilinan said the charges are false and lack basis.
“Political harassment at persecution ang ginawang pagsampa ng kaso ng sedition, inciting to sedition, at kung anu-ano pa kina Vice President Leni Robredo at sa ating mga kaalyado sa Senado at sa mga kandidato natin sa Otso Diretso, at maging sa mga sumuporta sa ating mga taong-simbahan, (The sedition charges, inciting to sedition, and other cases filed against Vice President Leni Robredo and our allies in the senate, as well as the Otso Diretso candidates and bishops is a form of political harassment and persecution)” he said in a statement.
Pangilinan added the ‘enemies of democracy’ are using the charges against VP Leni because she is the only one stopping them from continuing “extrajudicial killings”, and selling the Philippines to China.—AAC
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.