Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Rodel Jayme denies knowledge of uploaded ‘Bikoy’ videos

by Maris Federez   |   Posted on Friday, May 3rd, 2019

Rodel Jayme, the alleged uploader of the controversial “Bikoy” videos

Rodel Jayme, the web developer who was tagged as the hooded man in the Bikoy videos, has vehemently denied any knowledge of the “real narcolist” videos that have gone viral on social media.

Jayme reiterated that his conscience is clear and that he never had any participation in the uploading and subsequent sharing of the “Bikoy” videos that implicated the family of President Rodrigo Duterte, former Special Assistant to the President Bong Go, and other personalities in the illegal drugs trade.

He added that, “Hindi rin ako si Bikoy na kagaya kinakalat ng ng iba na ako daw yung nagsasalita sa video totally. Wala po akong alam [I’m also not Bikoy, as what others had been spreading as the one in the video. I don’t know anything [about it]).”

Jayme, however, admitted that he was the one who developed the website of Metro Balita.net, but he had never used it to upload or share the Bikoy videos.

The first series of the videos was uploaded on April 2, 2019 in the Facebook page of Metro Balita which was also created by Jayme.

Nevertheless, Jayme said somebody else controls the account.

“Actually, hindi ako ang nag-post, bale yung nagpagawa ang nagpopost noon. Kaya hindi ko alam kung may kasama siya or kung ano ang plano nila basta ang akin lang ako ang naging web master ng website. After noon binigay ko na access sa kanya. Wala na akong kinalaman doon (I wasn’t the one who posted [the videos]. They were posted by the one who asked me to create (the account]. So I don’t know if that person is working with anyone or what their plans are. I was just the webmaster of the website. After I turned over the access to them, I had nothing to do with it anymore),” he added.

Jayme further said that a certain “Maru Nguyen” and “Maru Xie” were the ones who contracted with him for the web accounts.

Meanwhile, an inciting to sedition complaint has been filed against Jayme before the Department of Justice (DOJ).

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said that based on Jayme’s email and Facebook conversations, the attacks against the government were well-planned and were backed by several personalities.

The complaint has been submitted for resolution at the DOJ. –(with details from April Cenedoza), mbmf

Tags: , , , , , ,

24 individuals arrested for vote buying—PNP

by Aileen Cerrudo   |   Posted on Friday, May 10th, 2019

Authorities confiscated brown envelopes containing money allegedly used to buy votes.

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has recorded 24 individuals arrested for vote buying since January 12, 2019.

In a press briefing, PNP Director for Operations Major General Mao Aplasca revealed that the individuals arrested are from Region 4, CALABARZON, and Cordillera Region.

Also included in the list are the 10 supporters of Cavite gubernatorial candidate Jonvic Remulla.

They will face charges in violation of Omnibus Election Code.

Meanwhile, last Wednesday (May 8), the Commission on Elections (Comelec) launched ‘Task Force Kontra Bigay’ in partnership with the Philippine National Police (PNP), National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), and the Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP).

This aims to investigate and prosecute vote buying cases.

The PNP calls on the public to call PNP National Election Monitoring Action Center (NEMAC) numbers: 0916 330 9158 and 0947 520 7864 for vote buying complaints.—(with reports from April Cenedoza)

Tags: , , , , , ,

Jayme possible as state witness but no assurance yet—NBI

by Aileen Cerrudo   |   Posted on Monday, May 6th, 2019

File Photo of Rodel Jayme as he faced the media upon his arrest on May 2, 2019.

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said there is no assurance if webmaster Rodel Jayme, is qualified to become a state witness but it is possible.

27-year-old Jayme is prepared to help the government in apprehending the individual who asked him to make the website as well as the personalities behind the video.

READ: Rodel Jayme denies knowledge of uploaded ‘Bikoy’ videos

According to NBI Cybercrime Division Chief Vic Lorenzo they are still looking into other variables and they also have to talk to Jayme personally in order to decide if he can become a state witness.

“Gaano ka-substantial iyong mga revelation niya? Kaya niya bang i-substantiate lahat ng sasabihin niya? Aside from his testimony, ano pa iyong mga ebidensya na pwede niyang ibigay para i-support niya iyong mga allegation niya? (How substantial is his revelation? Can he substantiate all he is saying? Aside from his testimony what are the other evidence he can provide to support his allegations?)”

The qualifications to become a state witness are as follows:

(a) the offense in which his testimony will be used is a grave felony as defined under the Revised Penal Code or its equivalent under special laws;(b) there is absolute necessity for his testimony;
(c) there is no other direct evidence available for the proper prosecution of the offense committed:
(d) his testimony can be substantially corroborated on its material points;
(e) he does not appear to be most guilty; and
(f) he has not at any time been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude.

Reference: RA 6981 (Witness Protection, Security and Benefit Act), Section 10

The benefits of being a state witness include:

  • Security protection and escort services
  • Immunity from criminal prosecution
  • Secure housing facility
  • Assistance in obtaining a means of livelihood
  • Reasonable traveling expenses and subsistence allowance
  • Free medical treatment, hospitalization and medicine
  • Burial benefits
  • Free education
  • Non-removal or demotion in work

SOURCE: DOJ 

Meanwhile, the electronic gadgets used by Jayme is still undergoing forensic examination.

READ: Sara Duterte won’t charge ‘Bikoy narco videos’ uploader

Jayme previously reiterated he has nothing to do in disseminating the ‘Bikoy’ videos linking several family members of the president in illegal drugs.(with reports from April Cenedoza)

Tags: , ,

Prosecutors find probable cause to indict Jayme for violation of Art. 142 of RPC

by Maris Federez   |   Posted on Monday, May 6th, 2019

Rodel Jayme, the webmaster of the website which first shared the “Bikoy” videos

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has found probable cause to indict Rodel Jayme for violation of Article 142 of the Revised Penal Code, in relation to Sec. 6 of the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012.

In a press statement, the DOJ said, “the inquest prosecutors found that Jayme’s creation of the website and his use of said website to circulate videos which allege the involvement of the President and his family in the drug trade was used for the purpose of weakening the confidence of the people in government and stir up dissent against it.”

The resolution released by the inquest prosecutors reads that they “likewise upheld the validity of the arrest of Jayme,” noting that the NBI had conducted surveillance on Jayme, “which satisfied personal knowledge on the part of its agents of the lawful acts committed by him.”

The inquest prosecutors further noted that since the circulation of the videos continues, the crime is still unfolding.

The DOJ is set to file an information against Jayme and other John and/or Jane Does with whom he worked and/or transacted with the appropriate court.

If convicted, Jayme will face imprisonment of six years and one day to twelve years, among other penalties.

Tags: , , , ,