MANILA, Philippines — A member of the “Highway Boys” who was allegedly involved in the killing of Cainta Deputy Chief of Police PSInsp. Jimmy Senosin has voluntarily surrendered to the Philippine National Police Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) Anti Transnational Crime Unit last Friday afternoon.
The suspect, Hermogenes Lachica alias Ekis said that he knows nothing about the killing.
He claimed he was just named by Lakas Bisig floodway chief alias Bulao.
“Wala po akong kasalanan,” said the suspect.
(I didn’t do anything wrong.)
Lachica, however, admitted that he knows Ruben Paglinawan Gomez, alias “Ruben Tae,” who was responsible for the series of robbery hold up in Rizal.
“Pulis po ‘yan ng Cainta. ‘Yan po ang nagdidiin sa akin. Nabibigyan po kasi namin yan ng pera dati sa Tupada at lahat sa kanya napupunta,” said Lachica.
(He is a policeman in Cainta. He’s the one trying to pin me down. We used to give him money at Tupada, and everything goes to him.)
PNP-CIDG chief PDir. Roel Obusan said they will resolve the case of Senosin soon.
“Yung sinasabi niya ngayon at yung nakuha ng mga dating imbestigador papunta na tayo sa mas magandang ikaka-solve ng pagkamatay ni SInsp. Jimmy Senosin,” said Obusan.
(The statement of Lachica and the result of the investigation of Cainta police, will lead to solving the case soon.)
Obusan also said that one of the members of “Highway Boys” also sent a surrender feeler.
“Meron pang isa na gustong sumuko. We can follow it up,” said the PNP- CIDG chief.
(There is another member who sent a surrender feeler. We can follow it up.)
Last week, Senosin was allegedly killed by Ekis and Tae in an encounter.
Senosin’s group purportedly responded to a call reporting armed men being cited in the area. — Lea Ylagan | UNTV News & Rescue