MANILA, Philippines – The decision on whether to resume the operations of internet cafes will be up to local chief executives, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) following the implementation of new community quarantine restrictions on Tuesday.
DTI Secretary Ramon Lopez said they will leave to Metro Manila mayors the timing of the reopening of internet cafes after the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases allowed the resumption of limited operations of gyms, personal grooming centers, drive-in cinemas and review and tutorial centers in areas under general community quarantine.
Lopez said they will release a set of guidelines recommending the operating capacity of these establishments, as well as additional health protocols to prevent the further spread of novel coronavirus disease.
The DTI chief issued the statement following the announcement of Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso on the resumption of limited operations of internet cafes and sports facilities such as gyms.
Domagoso also adjusted the curfew hours to 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
MANILA, Philippines — Metro Manila will remain under general community quarantine (GCQ) until November 30.
President Rodrigo Duterte made the announcement in a taped address to the nation aired on Tuesday (Oct. 27), after meeting with the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF).
The President has also decided to keep Batangas, Iloilo City, Bacolod City, Tacloban City, Iligan City and Lanao del Sur under GCQ until the end of November.
Nevertheless, local government units still have until October 28 to appeal to the IATF on the quarantine classification of their respective areas for the next month.
Metro Manila mayors have earlier stated that they want to keep the GCQ status for the NCR until the end of the year. They, however, applied eased restrictions on movement, travel, and business.
Except for Navotas City, the whole of NCR is implementing lesser curfew hours to allow more businesses to recover.
The Philippines had been under community quarantine classification since March due to the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic. —(with details from Rosalie Coz) /mbmf
MANILA, Philippines – Hotels in areas classified under general community quarantine (GCQ) and modified GCQ will soon be allowed to accept guests at full capacity in a bid to help the tourism industry recover from the effects of the pandemic, the Department of Tourism (DOT) said Wednesday.
Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat said the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) has given the authority to the DOT to determine the allowable operational capacity for hotels, including those that offer staycations.
Puyat, however, stressed that the decision to open at 100% capacity will be up to the hotel management and subject to compliance with safety guidelines.
The announcement follows the issuance last week of an IATF resolution which amends the provision that only allows establishments in GCQ areas to operate with a skeleton work force.
For accommodation establishments in areas declared to be under MGCQ, Resolution No. 79 provides that the DOT shall determine their allowable operational capacity from the previous provision for a maximum of 50% operational capacity.
Operational capacity is defined by the IATF as such a number of employees who can be permitted to physically report to work on-site.
“Also approved in the said resolution is the easing up of interzonal and intrazonal movement, which is the predicate to reviving domestic tourism,” Puyat said.
“Along with this comes the need to ready the whole tourism value chain, which includes the accommodation, transportation, and tour operation sectors. Allowing the accommodation sector to operate at full capacity will be most welcomed by tourism’s workforce that has been greatly affected since the community lockdown,” she added.
The DOT is set to issue guidelines for the expanded operational capacity of hotels, she further stated.
Puyat earlier directed all hotels and other tourism establishments in GCQ areas to secure a DOT Certificate of Authority to Operate for Staycations (DCAOS) prior to accommodating any guests for that purpose.
MANILA, Philippines – Pinag-aaralan pa ng Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) ang hiling ng ilang manufacturer na taasan ang presyo ng ilang produkto, partikular na ang mga kalimitang ginagamit tuwing holiday season.
Ayon kay DTI Secretary Ramon Lopez, hanggang tatlong porsiyento ang hinihinging dagdag sa presyo ng mga manufacturer kaya kailangan itong masusing pag-aralan.
“Wide po yung range na hinihingi nila, from less than 1% to about 3%,” ang pahayag ni Lopez.
“Every year, talagang may mga brands na nagre-request ng price adjustment to cover for increases in cost nila,” dagdag pa niya.
Hindi tinukoy ni Lopez kung aling produkto ang posibleng magkaroon ng price adjustment pero kasama rito ang ilang brand ng de lata gaya ng sardinas at canned meat dahil sa paggalaw sa presyo ng raw materials.
Pagtitiyak ng kalihim, masusing pag-aaralan ang hirit na dagdag-presyo upang masegurong risonable ito.
“Ito po ay inaaral ngayon ng ating consumer protection group at kung reasonable yung mga increase. Kung hindi man ay binabawasan kung ano mang increase hinihingi nila,” ang wika ni Lopez.
Maglalabas ang DTI ng panibagong suggested retail price sakaling maaprubahan ang hiling na price increase. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Joan Nano)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.