Renewal ng NBI clearance, maaari nang gawin online

Robie de Guzman   •   June 17, 2021   •   506

MANILA, Philippines – Mas pinadali na ang proseso ng renewal ng National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance dahil maaari na ito ngayong gawing online at ipa-deliver sa bahay.

Ngayong Huwebes, June 17, inilunsad ng NBI ang online renewal ng clearance sa layuning maiwasan ang kumpulan ng mga tao sa tanggapan ng ahensiya sa gitna pa rin ng banta ng COVID-19.

Ayon kay Atty. Jose Justo Yap, NBI deputy director, maaari nang gawin online ang pagpapa-renew ng clearance sa pamamagitan ng pagbisita sa website na na www.clearance.NBI.gov.ph at punan ang mga detalyeng hinihingi sa form.

Kapag walang naging problema at kumpleto naman ang requirements ay maaari nang makuha ang clearance sa loob ng 48 oras.

“At this time of pandemic, we guarantee the safety of our clearance applicant by securing their NBI clearance or renewing their NBI clearance at the comfort of their homes,” ani Yap.

Samantala, tiniyak naman ni NBI spokesperson Atty. Ferdinand Lavin na hindi makokompromiso ang personal na impormasyon sa renewal ng NBI clearance kahit pa online at non-appearance na ang aplikasyon nito.

“In terms of leak o ano man yan, our firewall is very much secured and we rest assured the public that the data provided to the NBI are secured and safe,” ani Lavin.

Sakali namang magkaroon ng hit sa online renewal, kailangan pa ring pumunta ang aplikante sa pinakamalapit na tanggapan ng NBI.

“Pwedeng mag-hit po kayo sa online renewal, and kung mangyari po na mag hit kayo you have to report to the nearest NBI office for the quality control interview, that is kung bago yung kaso ninyo pero kung old case yan na clear ka na dyan wala namang problema yun,” ani Yap.

Paglilinaw naman ng ahensya, tanging sa renewal process pa lamang available ang online transaction at hindi pa kasama rito ang mga first time na kukuha ng NBI clearance.

Kinakailangan pa rin ng mga bagong aplikante na pumunta ng personal sa opisina ng NBI para magpasa ng requirements at biometrics, kasama na dito kung may hit ang iyong pangalan.

Sa ngayon, sa Metro Manila pa lamang available ng online renewal ng NBI clerance, pero plano itong palawigin sa 129 na NBI center sa buong bansa.

Sa tala ng NBI, nasa 1,500 nagrerenew ng NBI clearance kada araw at inaasahang dadami pa ito sa pagsisimula ng online renewal process. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent JP Nuñez)

Suspected Abu Sayyaf member nabbed in Quezon City

Robie de Guzman   •   September 15, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Wednesday said it has arrested an Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) member in an operation conducted in Culiat, Quezon City last week.

NBI officer-in-charge, director Eric Distor identified the suspect as Albazir Abdulla alias Abu Saif.

The operatives of the NBI-Counter Terrorism Division (CTD) arrested Abdulla, who is facing kidnapping and serious illegal detention charges for his alleged involvement in the 2001 Golden Harvest Plantation kidnapping case.

The operation was launched after NBI sources reported sightings of Abdulla in Metro Manila. A victim-witness also identified him in a CTD photo line-up as one of the abductors and a member of the ASG.

A series of casing and surveillance operations was conducted by the NBI-CTD in coordination with counterparts from the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), to gather more information, which revealed the actual residence of Abdulla.

The arrested suspect was brought to NBI Detention Facility.

Distor said Abdulla is the second ASG member they arrested in Metro Manila this year. In May, operatives nabbed alleged ASG member Wahab Jamal alis Ustadz Halipa at Maharlika Village in Taguig.

The NBI said that the ASG group headed by their late leader Isnilon Hapilon and other senior ASG leaders raided the Golden Harvest Plantation in Brgy. Tairan, Lantawan, Basilan Province.

The terrorists seized the supplies from sari-sari stores and houses; livestock, firearms and ammunition from the plantation security. They also burned a chapel and detained 14 plantation workers, two of whom were beheaded by the terrorist group.

After four months of captivity, the victims were able to escape on separate occasions during the rescue operations by the government security forces.

After the incident, the ASG stayed in the mountains and some of its members assimilated back to society as “sleepers” or “spies,” the NBI said.

PNP welcomes NBI findings on QC ‘misencounter’

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 7, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police (PNP) said it welcomes the findings of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) regarding the so-called “misencounter” between the national police and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).

The PNP assured that all its personnel involved are fully accounted for and would be made available should the Department of Justice require their participation in the conduct of its own review with regard to the findings submitted by the NBI.

On Monday (September 7), the NBI has recommended filing charges against 12 Quezon City policemen for their involvement in the “misencounter” during an illegal drugs operation last February 24 in Quezon City.

The national police, in a statement, also said that the incident has paved the way in clearing the gray areas in the coordination protocol and in outlining improvements and institutionalization of measures to prevent the repeat of the incident.

The Memorandum Circular, entitled Unified Coordination Guidelines in the Conduct of Anti-Illegal Drugs Operation was signed by the PNP chief and the PDEA Director General last July.

“The Philippine National Police commits to honoring and institutionalizing the PDEA-PNP Memorandum Circular as both law enforcement agencies aspire to put an end to the illegal drugs menace in the country,” the statement read. AAC

NBI files charges vs 12 cops, 4 PDEA agents involved in QC misencounter

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 6, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has filed charges against 12 policemen and 4 agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) involved in the misencounter in Quezon City.

The “misencounter” occurred on February 24 near a fast-food restaurant along Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City which resulted in the deaths of two policeman, a PDEA agent and an informant.

Based on the investigation conducted, the NBI recommended the prosecution PDEA agents Khee Maricar Pornobi Rodas, Jelou Juanitez Santiniaman, and Jeffrey Panhon Baguidudol for homicide over the death of Quezon City Police Department member PCPL Eric Elvin Garado.

PDEA agent Romeo Asuncion and Quezon City Police District-District Special Operating Unit (QCPD-DSOU) member PCPL Alvin Borja were recommended to be criminally charged for the deaths of policeman Lauro De Guzman and PDEA agent Rankin B. Gano, respectively.

Recommendation for prosecution was also given to Santiniaman and eight other policemen identified as Borja, PLT Ronnie Ereno, PCPL Marlon Masiclat, PCPL Ronilo Prepose, PCPL Jason Coranez, PCPL Aries Curit, PCPL Marco Tapanan, PCPL James Dasalla for attempted homicide.

PMAJ Sandie D. Caparroso, PCPL Raul Christian Zacarias Gandeza, PLT Honey Besas  were also accused of direct assault with physical injuries, direct assault with less serious physical injuries, and direct assault. Caparroso was also charged with robbery and conniving or consenting to evasion.

Meanwhile, PCPL Christopher Alvarez Besas and Erena were named Caparroso’s co-respondents in the allegation of having committed conniving or consenting to evasion.

 

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.