Raps filed against American woman caught hiding a baby inside her bag at NAIA

Robie de Guzman   •   September 5, 2019   •   411

Jennifer Erin Talbot

MANILA, Philippines – The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has filed human trafficking and kidnapping with serious illegal detention charges against an American woman who was caught hiding a six-day old baby boy inside her bag at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

The NBI filed the complaints against the woman, identified as Jennifer Erin Talbot, 43 who is now under its custody following her arrest on Wednesday morning.

Talbot was apprehended after she was reported by an airline personnel to be carrying an infant in her sling bag, without proper travel documents, when she was about to board a flight to the United States.

Talbot did not declare the baby when she passed thru the immigration counter at the airport.

The NBI said that upon investigation, Talbot failed to present travel clearance for the baby boy from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) nor a written consent from the infant’s parents.

The baby boy was born on August 29 in a hospital in Davao City to a mother who allegedly executed a notarized affidavit of consent and support to the infant’s travel to the US, but was not signed, according to the bureau.

The NBI said Talbot was charged for violation of the Section 4(k) in relation to Section 6 of Republic Act 9208 or the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act as amended by RA 10364 or the Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2012; Section 10 (a) of RA 7610 or the Special Protection of Children against Child Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act, and Article 267 of the Revised Penal Code (Kidnapping and Serious Illegal Detention).

Talbot was presented for inquest proceedings before the office of the prosecutor of Pasay City.

The parents of the baby, identified as Maricris Cempron Dulap and an unnamed father, also face charges for child abuse. Both remain at large.

The baby has been placed under the care of the DSWD.

BI intercepts 2 illegal aliens at NAIA

Robie de Guzman   •   November 20, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Tuesday said it detained two foreigners intercepted at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) for attempting to illegally enter and leave the country.

The BI said the two foreigners were apprehended separately last week.

In a report, BI port operations division chief Grifton Media said one of the passengers was a Chinese national who is a fugitive in his country, while the other was an African passenger who presented a spurious passport.

The Chinese national, identified as 22-year old Wang Zhi Qiang, was intercepted at the NAIA Terminal 1 on November 14 upon his arrival from Xiamen, China.

The bureau said he was barred from entering the Philippines after an immigration officer saw his name in the database of blacklisted aliens.

Wang was reportedly blacklisted after the bureau received information from Chinese authorities about his alleged involvement in telecommunications fraud.

On the other hand, the other passenger identified as 20-year old Enow Lewis was caught with a fraudulent passport at the NAIA Terminal 3 as he was attempting to board a flight to Hong Kong.

He was arrested after the immigration computer system detected discrepancies in his passport.

The BI said visual inspection showed that his passport is still valid while the system tagged it as expired. It was confirmed to be fraudulent after it was examined at the BI’s forensic document laboratory.

Lewis is currently detained at the BI Warden Facility pending his deportation.

4 illegally recruited Filipinos intercepted at NAIA

Robie de Guzman   •   November 18, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – Four Filipinos who attempted to leave the country as tourists bound for the United Arab Emirates (UAE) were intercepted at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), the Bureau of Immigration (BI) said.

In a statement released on Sunday, BI port operations division chief Grifton Medina said the four men were stopped by immigration authorities at the departure area of the NAIA Terminal 1 last Friday after attempting to board their flight to Abu Dhabi.

The bureau said the four pretended to be tourists bound for the UAE, and planned to proceed to Amman in Jordan before going to Libya where they were allegedly hired to work as aircon technicians and pipe fitters.

“They said they were recruited to work in Libya despite the deployment ban at the initiative of their friends and relatives who are already working there,” Travel Control and Enforcement Unit (TCEU) Chief Timotea Barizo was quoted as saying in the statement.

Investigation conducted by immigration officials revealed that the return tickets presented by the four passengers are not valid, thus reinforcing suspicion that they are not tourists and whose real purpose in leaving is to work abroad.

The four also allegedly admitted during questioning that they would go to Libya where high paying jobs await them because of their technical expertise.

“They said they were recruited to work in Libya despite the deployment ban at the initiative of their friends and relatives who are already working there,” Barizo said.

BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said the incident should prompt BI officers at the airport to be stricter in enforcing the ban on the deployment of overseas workers to Libya where a civil war has been raging among groups that want to wrest control of the government.

“We cannot allow our countrymen to be put in harm’s way by working in such dangerous places,” he stressed.

He added that there are many other countries which are peaceful and where Filipinos could make a living for the benefit of their families here.

The bureau also reminded Filipinos seeking job overseas not to skirt deployment policies.

BI: Wanted Canadian-American rape suspect arrested at NAIA

Aileen Cerrudo   •   November 11, 2019

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has reported the arrest of a Canadian-American man accused of raping a 17-year-old girl in Subic more than a year ago.

Authorities identified the man as 54-year-old Fouad Bounab. He arrived Saturday (November 9) night at NAIA 3 terminal aboard an Air Asia flight from Kuala Lumpur.

Atty. Rommel Tacorda, who heads the BI’s border control and intelligence unit (BCIU), disclosed that Bounab is on the wanted list of the Interpol which earlier issued a red notice against him.

“He fled to Malaysia to evade prosecution for his crime. Fortunately, our counterparts in Malaysia were able to trace his whereabouts and he was arrested and brought back to Manila,” he said.

According to the BI, Bounab allegedly lured his minor victim to have sex with him through social media for the purpose of prostitution and sexual exploitation.

A warrant of arrest was issued by Olongapo City Regional Trial Court (RTC) Judge Gemma Logronio on July 8 this year against Bounab.—AAC

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.