QCPD arrests 4 drug suspects in separate buy-bust operations

admin   •   February 20, 2019   •   1867

Alleged shabu pushers arrested at the corner of Quezon Avenue and Agham Road during a buy-bust operation

Police authorities have confirmed the activities of three male shabu traffickers in a buy-bust operation in Quezon City at dawn on Wednesday (February 20).

The Cubao Police Station Drug Enforcement Unit arrested Ariel Aldovino, 52 years old; Jaime Bonita, 56; and Jonathan Labsan, 40 at the corner of Quezon Avenue and Agham Road during the said drug deal.

Authorities found out that the three had already surrendered under Oplan Tokhang yet they still continued with their illegal activities.

Seized from the suspects were twenty-six sachets of suspected shabu, several drug paraphernalia, and the buy-bust money.

Meanwhile, another drug pusher was arrested for allegedly selling shabu while he was checked in at an apartelle in Quezon City.

The suspect, identified as 22-year old Angelo John Ramin, alias Bunso, was also a drug surrenderee.

Recovered from Ramin were twenty-seven sachets of suspected shabu.

PSInsp Ramon Aquiatan, Jr. said, “yung confidential informant natin, nagspunta rito kagabi at pinagbigay-alam nga na nakakabili siya doon sa ating target. Itong madaling araw, itong 5:30, ay isinagawa po natin ‘yung buy bust operation at doon po nahuli natin itong target na ito [Our informant came here last night and informed us that he was able to purchase from our target. At 5:30 this morning, we conducted the buy-bust operation and arrested the target].”

All the arrested suspects will face violation of Republic act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 charges. — Maris Federez (with reports from Asher Cadapan Jr.)

TAGS   ,

50 plain-clothes cops to be deployed during Maguindanao Massacre case promulgation

Maris Federez   •   December 10, 2019

MANILA, Philippines— The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) will deploy 50 police officers in civilian clothes to ensure security during the promulgation of the Maguindanao Massacre case on December 19, 2019.

This is apart from the more than the 200 Special Action Force (SAF) troopers and the Civil Disturbance Management Unit that have been initially tasked by the NCRPO to guard the security in the Metropolis.

According to NCRPO acting director PBGen. Debold Sinas, they will implement a lockdown inside the Camp Bagong Diwa-Taguig so that no untoward incident will slip through them during the promulgation.

 “They already approved na mag lock down kami ibig sabihin yung ibang jail na nandoon di ba 6 jails ang nandoon pero lahat sila hindi na mag aaccept ng bisita on the 18th and the 19th,” Sinas said.

He added that they will not let any protest rallies be staged inside and outside the camp as this will stall traffic flow.

Sinas also assured that the Quezon City Police District (QCPD) will strictly guard the security of Judge Jocelyn Solis-Reyes, as well as, the prosecutors.

“Ngayon pa lang sini secure na natin ang judge. After the promulgation continue pa rin yung security natin sa kanya until such time na she will feel normal. Including yung prosecutor,” he added.

To date, authorities have yet to receive any threat against Reyes, the prosecutors, and even in the venue where the promulgation will take place. (from the report of Lea Ylagan) /mbmf

QC police nabs 3 suspects, seize P1.4-M worth of marijuana

Robie de Guzman   •   November 8, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) has arrested three individuals suspected of selling dried marijuana leaves on Thursday night.

Police identified the suspects as John Paulo Flores, Ryan Erpelo and Kees Van Paul Lorenzo.

The QCPD said the operation was conducted after they received information that the three suspects were selling illegal drugs on social media.

After validating the report, a buy-bust operation was launched against the suspects along Susana Road in Barangay Novaliches Proper in Novaliches at past 8 p.m.

Police seized from the suspects two bricks and dried marijuana leaves worth P240,000.

A follow-up operation on Friday yielded 12 kilos of marijuana leaves worth P1.4 million inside a vehicle along Maximo Street in Barangay Sta. Lucia, Novaliches after one of the suspects confessed to probers and surrendered the remaining stocks at his house.

“Gusto niya na wala ng madamay… So ninais na niyang i-surrender ‘yung mga natitira na items sa kaniyang possession,” QCPD station 10 commander Lt. Col. Louise Benjie Tremor said.

Police said the confiscated illegal drugs were turned over to the QCPD Crime Laboratory Office.

The suspects will be facing charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Asher Cadapan Jr.)

DPOS demolishes front pillars of QCPD Traffic Sector 2 building in Novaliches

Maris Federez   •   September 23, 2019

The Quezon City Department of Public Order and Safety (DPOS) on Monday (September 23) demolished the portion of the façade of the Traffic Sector 2 building of the Quezon City Police District (QCPD) in Novaliches, as its two pillars have occupied the sidewalk and are causing obstruction.

DPOS personnel said they are not exempting anyone in their clearing operations.

The structure was erected in 2007 and was not obstructing pedestrian traffic then, but the city’s road-widening project has affected the area which caused the two pillars of the building to occupy the sidewalk.

The QCPD personnel also helped in the demolition of the said pillars.

“Kailangan po nating sundin ang utos ng ating minamahal na Pangulo [We need to abide by the directive of our dear President],” Col. Colenrico Vargas, QCPD Deputy District Director for Operation, said.

DPOS assured that the Quezon City District Engineer office has checked the integrity of the building to ensure that it will not collapse and is still safe to use even with the removal of the two front pillars of the building.

“Ire- remove po natin from ground to hanggang doon po sa roofline. Ok naman po iyong structural napag- aralan na po namin hindi naman po maapektuhan iyong whole structure [We will remove from ground to the roofline. We have studied the structural pattern and we noted that (the demolition) will not affect the whole structure],” Engr. Ronnie Remo of the Quezon City District 5 Engineering office said. (from the report of Aiko Miguel) /mbmf

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.