QC prohibits the use of tricycles as a school transport service
admin • June 2, 2016 • 8653
Tricycles form in queue in a station in Quezon City. (UNTV News)
The Quezon City government will not allow the use of tricycles as school service this school year.
The city administrator said, other than tricycles are not authorized by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), it is not covered by insurance unlike legitimate school services.
Based on the ordinance, tricycles can only carry three persons and children are prohibited as back riders.
The local government will apprehend anyone who will violate the ordinance and will be fined three thousand to five thousand.
But the local government admits that it is hard for them to identify whether a tricycle is used a school service or just hailed by students, they will just monitor overloading because it is prohibited.
“It’s hard to prove that a tricycle is use as a school service unless there will be a complainant that will tell us if a tricycle is use as a school service,” said City Administrator Aldrin Cuña.
In Quezon City, there are forty thousand tricycles aside from those that are out of line, this is the reason why it is not easy for the local government to monitor all.
Meanwhile, the LTFRB is in favor of the step made by Quezon City.
Because of this, the board will write a letter to all local governments to urge them not to allow the use of tricycles as school services.
“I will request the board if we can send again reminders to all LGUs if they can strictly enforced monitoring on all tricycles because of its involvement in many accidents,” said LTFRB public affairs Arnel Del Rio.
All tricycles in the country are outside the jurisdiction of LTFRB but under the local government units.
MANILA, Philippines — The Quezon City government has placed four new areas under special concern lockdown following an increase in the number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases after the holiday season.
The four areas include:
No. 62 Agno Extension in Barangay Tatalon;
No. 1 Salary Street in Barangay Sangandaan;
No. 54 Interior, Magsalin Street in Barangay Apolonio Samson;
9C, 9D, 97 La Felonila Street in Barangay Damayang Lagi
The Quezon City Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (CESU) imposes special concern lockdowns in areas where clustering and possible community transmission have been observed, in order to curtail the further spread of the virus.
“These granular lockdowns are our immediate and proactive response to control the situation in these areas,” Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte said.
“Since last year, our special concern lockdowns have been proven effective in controlling the spread of the disease among neighbors and families,” she added.
60 families are affected in the Agno Extension in Barangay Tatalon while Salary street in Barangay Sangandaan has 5 families under strict quarantine.
In Magsalin street, the CESU has identified 14 index cases with 60 families under lockdown while 150 families are affected in La Felonila Street.
CESU Head Dr. Rolly Cruz said all families in the said areas will undergo swab testing in order to identify other infected individuals.
However, even if they tested negative, all will still have to finish the 14-day mandatory quarantine period to check if they will develop any symptoms during the said period, he added.
The four new areas are in addition to the two areas earlier placed under special concern lockdown namely MCP HOA and a portion of the Pingkian 1, Central B in Barangay Pasong Tamo.
They have been under lockdown since January 7 and January 14, respectively.
MANILA, Philippines — The Quezon City Government is set to launch KyusiPass application to boost its contact tracing efforts.
QC Mayor Joy Belmonte said the contact tracing app can help the city keep track of who is visiting establishments within its jurisdiction.
“Currently, our businesses are requiring their guests to fill-up health declaration forms. Through our KyusiPass, they will just tap their QR code onto the scanner and their information, including their name and mobile number, will automatically be sent to our servers handled by our City Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (CESU),” she said.
Belmonte said each individual with a valid mobile number who is residing, working, or doing business in Quezon City is required to get a personal QR code. They can register by signing up on the SafePass website, SafePass Facebook chatbot, and through SMS.
Meanwhile, CESU head Dr. Rolly Cruz assures app users that their data will remain private and protected.
“Our QCitizens have nothing to worry about because their data will be protected and secured. Only us in CESU can access their information, and only if we need to trace the contacts of a ‘positive’ visitor from a specific establishment,” he noted. AAC
MANILA, Philippines — The Quezon City government is readying the 10 initial locations where inoculation of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccines to its constituents will be held.
The designated areas for vaccination are as follows:
Project 6 Tennis Court (District 1)
Batasan Hills National High School (District 2)
NGC Covered Court (District 2)
Aguinaldo Elementary School (District 3)
Dona Josefa Jara Martinez High School (District 4)
Diosdado Macapagal Elementary School (District 4)
Kaligayahan Activity Center (District 5)
Fairview Covered Court (District 5)
Emilio Jacinto Elementary School (District 6)
Culiat High School (District 6)
“Pinili natin ang mga lugar na ito para madaling puntahan ng mga residente ng anim na distrito ng ating siyudad,” said Mayor Joy Belmonte.
“Nagsimula na tayong magtalaga ng vaccination sites para handa na tayo oras na dumating ang bakuna. We have to plan ahead to assure our people that we are doing everything to make these vaccines available as soon as possible,” she added.
Belmonte said the city government is targeting to establish 24 sites, in addition to the three city-run hospitals – QC General Hospital, Rosario Maclang Bautista General Hospital and Novaliches District Hospital.
City Health Department head Dr. Esperanza Arias said they have already identified the other vaccination sites but these are still being evaluated to comply with Department of Health (DOH) standards.
“The vaccination site must have unidirectional workflow or one entry and one exit, comfort rooms and ample space for free movement of staff and observance of minimum health standards,” said Dr. Arias.
Arias added that a standby generator set, an ambulance and presence of Barangay Health Emergency Response Team (BHERT) personnel are also required, among others.
”For every site, the QC government will designate 22 employees composed of physicians, marshals, vaccinators, counselors, and admin staff,” Arias said.
The city government earlier entered into a tripartite agreement with the AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Philippines and the national government for the delivery of 1.1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
The vaccines are expected to be delivered in the third quarter of 2021.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.