Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

PRRD offers rape victim refuge in Davao City

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, 15 March 2019 12:48 PM

“And this time, the most horrible crimes are committed in the Philippines because they kill the husband, they kill the wife, they rape daughters pati infants.”

This is an excerpt of President Rodrigo Duterte’s statement Thursday night (March 14) when he presented to the members of the media the list of politicians who are allegedly involved in drugs, or the narcolist.

The President, at one point in his presentation, underscored the ill-effects of illegal drug use, among them is the increasing number of rape cases.

He added, “pati pari nakasali na [even priests are on it]. I met the victim doon sa ‘yung, sa Bacolod ba ‘yon ? Ah sa Lapu-Lapu. ‘Yung ano ‘yung nirape ng pari [I met the victim from…was it from Bacolod? Ah from Lapu-Lapu. The one raped by the priest].

He further said that one of the victims went to him to seek help.

“So nandiyan kanina ‘yung ano [so they were here a while ago]— begging for protection. Somebody must have guided them here. Sabi ko dito na lang muna kayo sa Davao [I told them to stay here in Davao for the meantime],” he offered.  — Maris Federez

Tags: ,

PDEA Chief: Don’t vote for narco-politicians

by admin   |   Posted on Wednesday, 20 February 2019 06:54 PM

PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino

QUEZON CITY, Philippines — The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Director General Aaron Aquino calls on voters not to vote for politicians involved in illegal drugs, saying their election budget most likely came from illegal drugs.

Aquino previously said 83 politicians are included on the narco list of President Rodrigo Duterte.

Meanwhile, Malacañang said the list of narco-politicians should first be validated before publishing it in time for the May 2019 midterm elections as proposed by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).

“Di ba si President na noon ang naglabas na rin noon So it goes without saying na kung si presidente mismo naglabas.” Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said. (The president already released a list before. So it goes without saying, if the president himself released it.)

The Philippine National Police clarified that they will not be releasing a narco list and reiterated that their task is only on the validation of the said list. They will leave the releasing of the narco list to the president and PDEA.

“Tayo ay sa pag-validate lang pero we do not maintain the list of narco-politician. What we have is yung list ng counter-intelligence watchlist namin involving our personnel at non-uniformed personnel.” PNP Chief PDG Oscar Albayalde said.

(We only validate, but we do not maintain the list of narco-politicians. What we have is the list of counter-intelligence watchlist involving our personnel and non-uniformed personnel.) — Aileen Cerrudo (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Tags: , ,

Duterte not keen on exposing narco-politicians; DILG believes otherwise

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Friday, 12 October 2018 05:15 PM

President Rodrigo Duterte

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte is not in favor of making public the list of political candidates being linked to illegal drugs or the so-called narco-politicians.

“No, I will not. It’s not a good policy to let know the — to telegraph your intention or what you know about the other fellow, especially in matters of breaking penal laws. No, I will not. We will not in government,” the President said when asked on the matter during a press briefing on Thursday (October 11).

But the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) is determined to expose the names of the politicians also considered as drug personalities.

According to DILG Spokesperson Assistant Secretary Jonathan Malaya, they are planning to provide the Commission on Elections (Comelec) with a copy of the narcolist and politicians with existing legal cases once the filing period ends on October 17.

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) is still validating and verifying the backgrounds of the names in the said narcolist.

The DILG, meanwhile, leaves the decision to the poll body to assess if the said narco-politicians are candidates for disqualification.

“We will leave it to the Comelec kasi nasa kanila na ngayon kung anong gusto nilang gawin doon. Basta kami as far as the DILG is concerned, we have this list. We will forward it to them and we will leave it to them how they will dispose of it,” said ASec. Malaya.

The DILG added that they would ask the permission of the Chief Executive to disclose the list should Comelec refuse to do so.

But as for the poll body, the matter is already in the agency’s law department for assessment,  and they plan to release the result next week.

“Kailangang may due process, di pwedeng dahil nasa listahan ka, disqualified ka agad. pangalawa, titingnan natin yung listahan kung under the rules, pwede ba natin silang i-disqualify,” said Comelec chair Sheriff Abas. — Marje Pelayo (with reports from Rosalie Coz)

Tags: , ,

PDEA’s new ‘narcolist’ includes 6 congressmen, 60 mayors

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Tuesday, 5 June 2018 04:22 PM

 

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) revealed that based on the ongoing revalidation of its “narcolist,” the agency has so far validated drug linkages of about 6 congressmen, 60 mayors, some vice mayors and 17 elected barangay officials.

According to PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino, the list also includes some soldiers, policemen and government employees. He also disclosed that some PDEA officials, particularly assigned in Calabarzon, the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao (ARMM,) and Northern Mindanao as having links to the illegal drugs trade.

Aquino assured that once the validation is completed, PDEA will proceed with filing appropriate charges against said officials. The PDEA Director stressed that they will not tolerate officials who are instrumental in the proliferation of illegal drugs in the country.

“Wala namang palakasan iyan. Alam ninyo naman si Presidente malakas ka man sa kanya kaalyado ka man niya wala siyang pakialam, basta nasa narcopolitics ka, period! Hindi namin hihintuan ng pagta-tighten up yung case para mai-file yung kaso,” Aquino said.

Aquino, meanwhile, warned the public of the drug syndicates’ strategy in distributing illegal drug items such as the recently seized P74.8 million worth of shabu in Cavite and Paranaque City which were delivered through freight forwarding services.

Aquino added that the exchanges usually happen in malls.

“Ito iyong bagahe ko ibabalot ko iyan sa karton ng sapatos and then gift wrap ko. Iiwan ko sa baggage counter so kukunin ko numero ko. Ipapasa ko doon sa kakilala ko siya na ang kukuha noon. Iyon na ang magdi-distribute ng drugs,” Aquino concluded. – Joan Nano / Marje Pelayo

Tags: ,