Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

President Rodrigo Duterte plans to visit places affected by Typhoon Urduja

by UNTV NEWS   |   Posted on Monday, December 18th, 2017

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte delivers a message for birthday celebrant Senator Emmanuel Pacquiao during the celebration at the KCC Convention and Events Center in General Santos City on December 17, 2017. SIMEON CELI JR./PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

President Rodrigo Duterte wants to personally see the damage brought by Typhoon Urduja in the country. Particularly in the Visayas region where the typhoon made landfall several times.

During his speech at the 7th year LGBT Davao year-end gathering in Azuela Coven, Davao City, the President said that he will go to Visayas to visit the affected areas including Samar and Leyte which took a huge damage due to the typhoon.

“I have to go the places where the typhoon made landfall. There are so much destruction there. There are places where bridges were cut and I would like to see for myself what the government can do better,” said Duterte.

From Davao, President Duterte went to General Santos City to attend the birthday celebration of Senator Manny Pacquiao.

Afterwards, the Chief Executive is expected to visit the Visayas region for a damage assessment. – UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

SolGen: Ombudsman Morales concealed the result of Trillanes’ plunder complaint against Pres. Duterte

by UNTV   |   Posted on Wednesday, February 14th, 2018

 

The ombudsman completed the Trillanes vs Duterte plunder complaint investigation in November 2017 but informed the solicitor general about it only on February 12.

MANILA, Philippines — Government allies accused Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales of concealing the investigation she conducted in connection with the plunder complaint filed by Senator Antonio Trillanes IV against President Rodrigo Duterte.

The ombudsman completed the said investigation in November of last year but informed the solicitor general about it only on February 12.

With this, the Office of the Solicitor General is studying the possible charges it could file against Morales.

The plunder complaint stemmed from the alleged hidden wealth of the president.

“This will be another case probably before the Supreme Court and I will be the one to argue it,” said Calida.

“Remember the president is the chief executive anyone who doesn’t agree with him should go to court and we will meet him there,” he added.

Calida claims that he would not have learned of the said decision had he not written a letter to the ombudsman last Friday to know the status of the complaint.

Based on the reply of Overall Deputy Ombudsman Melchor Arthur Carandang on Monday, the complaint was already “case closed and terminated” on November 29 of last year.

According to Calida, the president has the right to know the status of the complaint.

“It should be noted that Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales inhibited herself from this matter. It concerns the integrity of the president of the Philippines. She should explain first why she kept this from the public,” said the solicitor general.

With this development, Calida believes the Senate has no reason to investigate the allegations against the president.

In response, opposition members Senator Antonio Trillanes said, “Bakit sila nagpapanic? Bakit ayaw nilang mapahiya ako and most of all bakit ayaw pirmahan ni Duterte yung waiver, ayaw niyang tanggapin ang hamon ko. Pirmahan niya yung waiver, kapag mali ako, magreresign ako,” said Trillanes.

(Why are they panicking? Why don’t they want to embarrass me? And most of all why did President Duterte did not want to sign the waiver. He does not want to accept my challenge. He should sign my waiver. If I’m wrong, I will resign.)

While Magdalo Representative Gary Alejano said, “I am confident that the ombudsman would find out and prove that indeed the bank account and transaction records of Duterte are true and correct — it’s just a matter of time.”

Ombudsman Morales has yet to comment on the matter. — Aiko Miguel | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , ,

SSS squabble cited as reason behind non-renewal of term of top execs

by UNTV   |   Posted on Wednesday, February 14th, 2018

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte will not tolerate squabble in the board of Social Security System (SSS).

Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque said that this is the reason why the president did not extend the term of Amado Valdez as chairman, and Jose Gabriel “Pompee” La Viña as commissioner of SSS.

Both served on a hold-over capacity and their term expired on June 30, 2017.

“I think the president wants them replaced because he thinks SSS will be more efficient if there is no squabble among the board [members] of SSS,” said Roque. — UNTV News & Rescue

 

 

Tags: , , ,

China, PHL to meet in Manila on maritime dispute in the South China Sea

by UNTV   |   Posted on Tuesday, February 13th, 2018

FILE-PHOTO – President Rodrigo Duterte meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on May 15, 2017.

MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang has confirmed Tuesday’s meeting of high-ranking Chinese and Philippine officials for the second Bilateral Consultation Mechanism (BCM) in Manila.

BCM is the platform where both countries will discuss issues on the maritime dispute in the South China Sea.

The delegation will be led by Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Kong Xuanyou and Philippine Foreign Affairs Undersecretary for Policy Enrique Manalo.

“The second meeting of this Philippine – China Bilateral Consultative Mechanism on the South China Sea will be held here in Manila tomorrow Feb. 13, 2018,” said the presidential spokesperson, Secretary Harry Roque.

The official said that the bilateral meeting is the proof that the Duterte administration is doing something about the issue.

However, Malacañang clarified that the government will not file a new protest to China on its alleged almost finished militarization in the South China Sea.

Roque said that the Philippines has existing protests filed before China and these are expected to be discussed at the meeting on Tuesday.

The Philippine government has consistently filed protests and even during the term of President Duterte, we have filed protests,” said Roque. — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News and Rescue

 

Tags: , , , ,