Pres. Aquino, hindi umiiwas sa anumang pananagutan sa Mamasapano operation

admin   •   February 13, 2015   •   3401

FILE PHOTO: Si Pangulong Benigno S. Aquino III sa pagdalaw nito sa burol ng mga bayani ng Philippine National Police-Special Action Force (PNP-SAF) sa NCRPO Multi-Purpose Center sa Camp Bagong Diwa sa Bicutan, Taguig City noong Enero 30. (Photo by Benhur Arcayan / Malacañang Photo Bureau)

MANILA, Philippines — Muling nanawagan ang Malakanyang na umiwas muna ang sinoman sa paggawa ng anumang konklusyon kaugnay ng mga testimonya ng ilang resource person sa mga pagdinig sa Mababa at Mataas na Kapulungan ng Kongreso ukol sa January 25 Mamasapano operation.

Ayon kay Presidential Communication Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. sa kasalukuyan ay wala pa namang nabubuong mga salaysay at wala pa namang nailalabas na ulat o conclusion sa mga mismong mga nagsisiyasat sa naturang pangyayari.

Kaugnay nito, nilinaw ng Malakanyang na hindi naman umiiwas ang Pangulo sa anumang pananagutan bilang Commander In Chief ng AFP at bilang ama ng bayan.

Pinabulaanan rin ng Malakanyang na hindi pinagtatakpan ng mga miyembro ng gabinete at ilang opisyal si Pangulong Aquino sa usapin ng Mamasapano operation. (UNTV News)

PNoy returns home from hospital

UNTV News   •   December 18, 2019

Former president Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino

Former president Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino has been discharged from confinement at the Makati Medical Center, his spokesperson said on Tuesday.

Former deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said Aquino expressed his gratitude to those who prayed for his health and recovery.

On December 9, Valte confirmed that Aquino was in the hospital for a scheduled routine check-up. This was after rumors circulated that the former chief executive was in confinement due to a heart procedure.

SC lifts TRO on Mamasapano trial at Sandiganbayan

Maris Federez   •   August 7, 2019

The Supreme Court has lifted the temporary restraining order (TRO) it had issued on the Mamasapano trial at the Sandiganbayan.

SC spokesperson Brian Keith Hosaka in a statement on Wednesday said that the justices have voted the lifting of the temporary restraining order during Tuesday’s en banc session.

“I would like to confirm that the Supreme Court has lifted the TRO on the Mamasapano trial before the Sandiganbayan,” Hosaka’s statement said.

“With the lifting of the TRO, the Sandiganbayan may now proceed with the trial and act on pending matters filed before it,” he added.

The decision is expected to pave the way for possible action on the withdrawal of the graft and usurpation of authority charges against former President Benigno Aquino III in connection with the Mamasapano clash that killed 44 Special Action Force (SAF) commandos on January 25, 2015. 

The charges were filed with the Sandiganbayan in November 2017 by then Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales.

Charged with Aquino were former Philippine National Police chief Alan Purisima and former PNP-SAF director Getulio Napeñas, Jr.

Aquino was scheduled to be arraigned, but the SC issued a TRO that halted the proceedings in the case in February last year, acting on a petition by relatives of two of the slain elite policemen that Aquino be charged instead with reckless imprudence resulting in homicide.

In June this year, Ombudsman Samuel Martires moved to withdraw the graft and usurpation charges against the former president, saying he found no sufficient ground and evidence.

Martires, however, added that his decision was without prejudice to the filing of appropriate charges against the accused after the conduct of a preliminary investigation.

In July, Sandiganbayan, on the other hand, said the anti-graft court will wait for the SC to lift the TRO before it could act on the Ombudsman’s motion. (with details from Mai Bermudez) /mbmf

PNoy urges vigilance against repeat of martial law’s ‘dark days’

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 25, 2019

Former president, Benigno Aquino III

QUEZON CITY, Philippines — In commemoration of the 33rd anniversary of EDSA Revolution, former President Benigno Aquino III encouraged the public to use their right to vote so that the grim history of the country during martial law will never happen again.

He said that the public should remain vigilant because it seems like history is repeating itself.

“Tila nagbabalik iyong mga unang ugali at pamamaraan na ating nilabanan na noong panahon ng kadiliman ng batas military,” Aquino said.

(It seems like the previous actions and tactics we fought against during martial law are happening again),” Aquino said.

The former president even cited the proposal to change the country’s name to ‘Maharlika’ as reminiscent of the Marcos regime.

“Gagawin na naman tayong ‘Maharlika’. Parang last time kong narinig yan parang Apong Ferdie pa ata ang nakaupo eh. Hindi na left turn, U-turn na po ata ito,” he said.

(They want to name the country “Maharlika” again. The last time I
heard that proposal, Apong Ferdie [Ferdinand Marcos] was still in power. This is not a left turn anymore but a u-turn.)

Aquino called on the public to use their votes to prevent the country from falling into a worse situation.

“Kapag bumoto ka sa kaalyado ng administrasyon o ng mga inendorso nila, parang sinabi mo na rin na, ‘Tama po lahat ng ginawa ninyo. Ituloy po ninyo, lalo pa ninyong paigtingin’,”he said.

(If you voted or endorsed the allies of the administration, it is like you’re telling them that their actions are right and they should continue it.)

The former president also endorsed the eight opposition candidates. —Aileen Cerrudo with reports from Grace Casin

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.