MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) is reducing port fees and charges in support of the second send-off of locally stranded individuals (LSIs) under the Hatid-Tulong program.
According to PPA’s advisory, buses and other vehicles are exempted from paying the Passenger Terminal Fee and Ro-Ro Terminal Fee while port fees and charges for Ro-Ro vessels and other sea-going vessels are reduced by P1.00.
The new policy is based on PPA Memorandum Circular No. 24-2020.
The agency expects some 4,000 LSIs, 120 buses from the National Capital Region (NCR) as well as the different vessels and Ro-Ro operators across the country will benefit from the said project.
The waiver and reduction of port charges is effective from July 25 to 26.
The Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) on Sunday said there had been no untoward incident or damage reported in areas affected by Typhoon Bising.
The PPA added that this is true except in Catbalogan, where sea level has reached the deck.
In a statement released on Sunday (April 18), the PPA said that per their standard operating procedure (SOP), the agency has ensured that stranded passengers in affected ports were well accommodated and fed.
“In compliance with the directive of PPA GM Jay Santiago to ensure the convenience of stranded passengers in all PPA ports due to typhoon Bising, the Terminal Management Office of Tabaco distributed snacks to all passengers inside Tabaco Port,” the statement read.
Tabaco Port, the Port Management Office of Bicol said, is one of the most affected ports in times of typhoons.
The PPA also reported that vessel travels to and from the path of Typhoon Bising have been suspended since Friday to guarantee the safety and security of all passengers, vessels, and ports.
The PMO has also ordered the strict implementation of all COVID-19 protocols to prevent transmission until the typhoon has come to pass. —/mbmf
MANILA, Philippines – Aabot sa 100 pasahero ang stranded ngayon sa pantalan sa Maynila matapos silang pagbawalang bumiyahe dahil sa kakulangan sa travel requirements.
Nagbabakasakali ang ilan sa mga pasahero na makauwi sa kani-kanilang mga probinsiya matapos mawalan ng trabaho at kabuhayan sa gitna ng pandemiya.
May ilan pang nagbenta na ng kanilang kagamitan kaya wala na silang babalikan pang bahay sa pinanggalingang lugar sa Metro Manila.
Ngunit pagdating sa Manila North Harbor, hindi sila pinayagang makapasok dahil sa ipinaiiral na travel restrictions at requirements sa mga lugar na kanilang pupuntahan.
Ayon kay Vicky Versoza, isa sa mga stranded na pasahero na pauwi sana sa Bacolod, hindi sila pinayagang makasakay ng barko dahil wala silang maipakitang negatibong resulta ng RT-PCR test para sa COVID-19.
“Kasi po wala kaming swab test na requirements. Yun kasing hinahanap doon sa Bacolod. Eh wala naman po kaming perang pang-swab,” ani Versoza.
Ang iba namang pasahero ay hindi pinayagang umalis dahil hindi tumatanggap ngayon ng returning residents ang kani-kanilang lalawigan.
“Kala ko makaalis na. Eh binenta na namin mga gamit. Eh di wala na kaming babalikan doon. Eh wala kami pambayad na upa na. Eh layo pa, Binangonan. Ubos na pera pati yung budget. Mga limang araw na po. Pang anim na bukas. Baka mamatay kami sa gutom, hindi sa COVID,” ang wika ng pasaherong si Erlindo Luntayao.
Paliwanag naman ng Philippine Ports Authority (PPA), mahigpit ang pagpapatupad nila ng mga patakaran, gaya ng travel requirements, na ibinaba ng Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID).
Hindi rin nila pinapayagang makapasok o manatili sa loob ng terminal ang mga stranded na pasahero dahil na rin sab anta ng COVID-19.
Payo ng PPA sa mga biyahero na makipag-ugnayan muna sa mga lokal na pamahalaan ng lugar na kanilang pupuntahan upang malaman ang mga dokumentong kailangang ihanda bago ang nakatakda nilang pagbiyahe.
“Yung mga papuntang Palawan, nirerequire kasi ng provincial government ng Palawan dapat APOR (Authorized Person Outside of Residence) lang dapat ang papasakayin at pabababain,” ang pahayag ni Jay Santiago, ang general manager ng PPA.
“Yung papunta sa probinsya sa Region 6, nagkaroon sila ngayon ng moratorium so hindi muna sila tatanggap ng inbound passengers. ‘Yun namang papunta sa Zamboanga, nirerequire ng LGU Zamboanga na yung mga dadating doon ay mayroong negative PCR result,” dagdag pa niya.
Ayon sa PPA, kung hindi aalis ang mga stranded na pasahero sa labas ng pier ay isasangguni nila ang mga ito sa Department of Social Welfare and Development upang mailipat sa mas ligtas na lugar. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent JP Nuñez)
MANILA, Philippines — The maritime sector of the Department of Transportation (DOTr), composed of the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA), the Cebu Port Authority (CPA), and the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA), has taken all necessary precautionary measures as Typhoon Rolly (international name: Goni) on Sunday (November 1) makes landfall in the Bicol Region.
“To ensure the safety of lives and property at sea, a ‘no sail policy’ for all types of ships including fishing vessels will be enforced in areas where Tropical Cyclone Wind Signals (TCWS) are raised,” the DOTr’s news release on Sunday said.
As such, vessels in these areas are advised to take shelter while ports and other maritime infrastructures including their equipment are to be secured.
DOTr Secretary Arthur Tugade, the advisory said, has also ordered a strict round-the-clock monitoring of movements for both ships and passengers across the country, especially in Southern Luzon and in the Bicol region which lie on the path of Typhoon Rolly.
In close coordination with various local government units (LGUs) and disaster response teams (DRTs), the PCG Command Center, all Coast Guard Districts, Stations, and Sub-Stations were ordered to go on standby to immediately respond during emergency situations.
The maritime sector of the DOTr has also placed on standby Deployable Response Groups (DRGs) composed of expert divers, rescue swimmers, paramedics, and K9 teams, the news release further read.
The PPA and the CPA, on the other hand, have ordered all Port management offices to closely monitor weather bulletins coming from the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA).
Port management offices are were also instructed to disseminate guidelines and operating procedures in ports to ensure the safety of vessels, port facilities, port users and port operators.
Vessel operators in areas affected by Typhoon Rolly are also advised to shelter their vessels, secure port equipment, and infrastructures, and ensure that crew members are on standby depending on the TCWS raised. Port managers are also ordered to maintain contact with PAGASA and the PCG every four (4) hours, the advisory said.
Harbor masters are also directed to establish contact/coordination with the vessels in the ports, while port managers are ordered to make sure that stranded passengers are provided with the basic necessities and are accommodated in PPA and private ports.
Meanwhile, MARINA has ordered domestic ship-owners, bareboat charterers, motor banca operators, and ship operators to comply with the “no sail policy” issued in the affected areas.
MARINA also directed that communication equipment of all vessels should be always monitored to maintain the safety of life at sea and to avoid disasters onboard during the onslaught of Typhoon Rolly.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.