Police to still arrest people who vape in public —NCRPO

Maris Federez   •   December 10, 2019   •   592

MANILA, Philippines— The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) will still continue arresting people who vape in public places.

NCRPO acting director PBGen. Debold Sinas said that around 98 vapes had been confiscated and 98 had also been arrested.

He added that 812 vape stores have voluntarily closed down and 297 were urged by the NCRPO to stop selling.

Sinas also welcomed the report that the ban on the importation of vapes is now in effect, although he admitted that they have not received any directive on the matter.

“Wala pa kaming natanggap na directive so yung campaign namin ay tuloy tuloy lang po yun. Napansin mo medyo humina na nga ang nahuhuli eh. At tsaka kumukonti na rin kasi parang nasanay na rin. So sana tuloy tuloy na ito,” Sinas said.(from the report of Lea Ylagan) /mbmf

New NCRPO chief Danao to intensify police visibility in Metro Manila streets

Robie de Guzman   •   November 11, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Police Brigadier General Vicente Danao Jr. on Wednesday vowed to intensify police visibility by flooding Metro Manila streets with policemen as he formally takes over as head of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO).

During the turnover ceremony held at the Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig, Danao said he would focus more on maintaining peace and order in Metro Manila.

“Pano natin gagawin yan? More police visibility in the streets… Let us flood the streets of Metro Manila with policemen in order to ensure the safety and security of our constituents,” Danao said in his assumption speech.

The newly-installed NCRPO chief acknowledged that guarding every corner of Metro Manila has always been a challenge due to its large population.

However, he said that he would employ the strategic deployment of his men as part of police efforts against criminality.

Danao also vowed to aggressively go after errant cops as part of the internal cleansing program. He will also intensify the government’s campaign against illegal drugs.

“Nakikiusap ako sa inyo mga kapatid, let us put a stop especially on the anti-illegal drugs. Kung meron man paisa-isa pa sa inyo na medyo nawawalay ng landas, ngayon pa lang sinasabihan ko na kayo na door is always open for you to leave,” he said.

Danao was appointed to NCRPO’s top post, replacing General Debold Sinas who is now the 25th Philippine National Police (PNP) chief.

Prior to his designation as NCRPO head, he served as CALABARZON Police chief.

Danao is a member of the Philippine Military Academy Sambisig Class of 1991. He will reach the mandatory retirement age of 56 on August 10, 2023. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

PNP chief Cascolan eyes Danao as next NCRPO head

Robie de Guzman   •   September 16, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Camilo Cascolan on Wednesday said he is considering Brigadier General Vicente Danao Jr to be the next head of the Metro Manila police.

In a TV interview, Cascolan said Danao is competent and suited to lead the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO).

“Well, whether NCRPO or CIDG (Criminal Investigation and Detection Group) is good but I would rather choose him for NCRPO because he is much better in the NCRPO,” he said.

Danao is the current chief of the Police Regional Office 4A and served as former head of the Manila Police District.

In response to Cascolan’s remark, Danao said he is ready to serve and do his best in whatever capacity.

“Rest assured that in whatever capacity I will be in, this representation, will always do its best to enforce the law without fear and favor, maintain peace & order, prevent and control crimes, and ensure public safety & internal security with the active support of the Community,” he said in a message to UNTV News.

Meanwhile, Cascolan said he is still evaluating the performance of current NCRPO director Major General Debold Sinas, adding that he could possibly be promoted to a higher position.

“Of course, the guy deserves also an evaluation and of course a promotion too. He has done good things and that’s all I can really say,” he said.

The PNP chief Sinas could be designated as directorial staff where he can put to use his expertise in training and recruitment of police personnel.

“I think he needs to be up to the directorial staff or in a certain position that is fit mostespecially for it. I believe he is an expert most especially with regard to training to personnel and training of recruits,” he said. “Debold is also a seasoned officer wherein he experienced a lot of things.”

Cascolan also revealed that he canceled the ‘midnight’ appointment of several PNP officials, which he said were made by former PNP chief Archie Gamboa a few days before his mandatory retirement.

He, however, refused to provide any details about the concerned officials and their positions. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

Metro Manila police beef up security after deadly Jolo bombings

Robie de Guzman   •   August 25, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) has been placed under heightened alert following the deadly explosions in Jolo, Sulu, its chief Police Major General Debold Sinas said Tuesday.

In a press briefing, Sinas said they have also intensified their intelligence gathering and coordination with their counterparts in the Mindanao region to monitor the entry to Metro Manila of anyone possibly involved in the Jolo bombings.

“We also coordinating with our counterparts in ProArm lalo na sa Jolo area at sa Region 9, and let’s go back to our dialogue to our Muslim brothers and sisters na andito sa NCR so that they can help us prevent the same incident,” he said.

He also said that police officers have also strengthened their patrol operations in establishments such as train stations, malls, grocery stores, terminals, places of worship and other places of convergence.

“Sa ngayon pinaigting namin EOD K9 natin. Dati tig-iisang aso lang bawat distrito, ngayon tig-dalawang aso araw araw na bawat distrito,” he said.

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Archie Gamboa has condemned the deadly blast allegedly perpetrated by the Abu Sayyaf Group.

Monday’s twin blasts at Barangay Walled City in Jolo killed 14 people – seven soldiers, one policeman and six civilians – and injured 75 others.

The first explosion occurred just before noon beside Paradise Food Shop while the second blast transpired an hour later about 100 meters away from the first blast site.

Gamboa said he has directed the Police Regional Office-Bangsamoro Autonomous Region to beef-up police checkpoints in the region as well as police visibility as they intensify their intelligence gathering and coordination with the Armed Forces of the Philippines for the pursuit operations of those behind the attack.

The PNP chief also urged the public to remain vigilant and to report to authorities any suspicious events or individuals for immediate action. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.