Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Police rescue kidnapped Japanese in Bulacan, 3 suspect arrested

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Wednesday, April 11th, 2018

The three suspects arrested by the Anti-Kidnapping Group of the Philippine National Police for kidnapping a Japanese national

The PNP Anti Kidnaping Group (PNP-AKG) rescued a Japanese national in Plaridel, Bulacan last April 5.

The victim identified as Yuji Nakajima arrived in the country last March 22 with another Japanese national identified as Yusuke Obara.

Obara brought Nakijima to the country in order to pay his debts by working for him.

On the same day, two men went to the hotel in Manila where Nakajima was staying at and invited him to come with them after talking with Obara on the phone.

Nakajima was not aware he was a victim of kidnapping. Involved in the crime were Obara, a certain Miyashita Takashi and two Filipinos identified as Roberto and Reggie Reyes.

The suspects’ plan of seeking ransom from the victim’s relatives in Japan was halted after the incident was reported to the police by a relative of the Reyes siblings.

With this, the PNP–Anti Kidnapping Group rescued Nakajima at a drug store in Plaridel, Bulacan.

The following morning the police unit arrested Miyashita Takashi in Parañaque and the Reyes siblings in Pasig City.

Authorities seized from the suspects a passport, various cards of the victim, a .45 caliber gun, and ammunition.

“Two are still at large. One is a Filipino, and the other is Yusuke Obara who is being pursued by the Japanese police,” said PSSupt. Glen Dumlao, director of PNP-AKG.

The three arrested suspects are facing charges of serious illegal detention and violation of Republic Act 10591 or the comprehensive law on firearms and ammunition. — Lea Ylagan | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , ,

GIS EXCLUSIVE: DA’s Piñol relieves 2 NFA execs in Region 3

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Monday, September 24th, 2018

Agriculture Secretary Manny Piñol during his interview with UNTV’s Get it Straight with Daniel Razon

 

QUEZON CITY, Philippines –Agriculture Secretary Manny Piñol has relieved from their positions the Region 3 director of the National Food Authority (NFA) and the agency’s manager in Bulacan.

This was after the Secretary discovered hundreds of thousands of rice bags inside big warehouses in their area during a surprise inspection in Marilao, Bulacan.

“Today, actually I have ordered the relief of the director in Region 3, NFA. And I have also ordered the relief of the manager of NFA Bulacan. Sapagkat ako, hindi ako naniniwala na hindi nila alam kung ang bodega diyan na may itinatagong bigas,” Piñol said during an interview with the program “Get it Straight with Daniel Razon” on Monday (September 24).

Based on its website, the agency’s regional director for Region 3 is Piolito C. Santos and the NFA’s manager for Bulacan is Elvira C. Obaña.

The DA has previously announced a P250,000 bounty for whoever who could provide information against rice hoarding in the country.

During the interview, Secretary Piñol also announced his plan to formalize the creation of a task force that will conduct a nationwide inspection of warehouses in the country.

The task force will be headed by the current head of DA’s Internal Affairs Division retired Marine Colonel Danilo Luna.

The team will be working with representatives from the DILG, PNP, and BOC among others.

According to Secretary Piñol, the move is part of DA’s intensified crackdown against rice hoarders.

Those who will be caught hoarding rice supply will have their stocks confiscated and are likely to face life imprisonment for charges of economic sabotage. – Rey Pelayo / Marje Pelayo

 

 

 

Tags: , ,

10 families rescued from flash flood in San Miguel, Bulacan

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Saturday, September 15th, 2018

 

 

BULACAN, Philippines – Several barangays in the town of San Miguel were affected by a sudden flash flood on the onset of Typhoon Ompong on Saturday, September 15.

According to Bulacan Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, floodwater of up to six feet rushed into residential areas, particularly in Barangay Banga-Banga.

Authorities said they have rescued at least 10 families from the flash flood with the assistance of the San Miguel Disaster Office.

A platoon of scout rangers is also on standby to respond to rescue operations when necessary. The local government has also prepared food relief packs for residents affected by the calamity. – Marje Pelayo (with reports from Gerry Galicia)

Tags: , , ,

P300-M worth of smuggled rice seized in Bulacan warehouses

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Wednesday, September 12th, 2018

Image grabbed from Bureau of Customs Facebook

Several warehouses in Marilao Bulacan on Tuesday, September 11, were raided by Customs operatives and members of the Philippine National Police after authorities received reports that large quantities of smuggled rice are being kept inside.

An estimated 125,000 sacks of imported rice valued at P300 million were discovered inside seven warehouses located at Federal Corporation (FedCor) Compound in Barangay Ibayo, Bulacan.

Customs authorities are waiting for the parties responsible for the imported goods to present proof that payment for the duties and taxes of the smuggled rice has been made.

Tags: , , , ,