Police nab 3 Taiwan nationals in biggest drug haul in Calabarzon
Marje Pelayo • September 11, 2018 • 4423
INFANTA, Philippines – Authorities arrested three Taiwanese nationals on Tuesday (September 11) along the coast of Infanta, Quezon for illegal drugs trade.
The suspects identified as Jhou Tian-You alias Pempao, Wang Ching-Huang alias Wang and Lin Ching-Wen alias Awon along with a Filipina named Kimberly de Vera, were aboard a motorized boat along the shoreline of Visayan Village in Dinahican when authorities conducted the operation.
According to the Filipina suspect, she just met You on social media and have been together for barely a month. She confessed that she was unaware of her boyfriend’s illegal activities.
The total haul included 23 containers and 10 sacks of combined finished product or shabu and some raw chemicals for manufacturing illegal drugs.
The operation was led by PSupt. Reynaldo Ramos of the Philippine National Police (PNP) Drug Enforcement Group and PCI Lowell Atienza of the Infanta Police, together with personnel from the PNP Maritime Group and PDEA Region 4.
Excluding the raw materials, authorities said the seized shabu alone is considered the biggest haul in the Calabarzon (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon) region to date. – Sherwin Culubong / Marje Pelayo
Three were killed while 73 were injured when an AMV Travel and Tour Bus collided with a 10-wheeler truck along Maharlika Highway diversion road.
Based on the initial investigation, “human error” is the cause of the accident.
The LTFRB also discovered that the tour bus was traversing in an authorized route. They will also file a preventive suspension order against the other bus units of AMV Travel and Tours.—(with reports from Joan Nano)
Rodel Jayme, the web developer who was tagged as the hooded man in the Bikoy videos, has vehemently denied any knowledge of the “real narcolist” videos that have gone viral on social media.
Jayme reiterated that his conscience is clear and that he never had any participation in the uploading and subsequent sharing of the “Bikoy” videos that implicated the family of President Rodrigo Duterte, former Special Assistant to the President Bong Go, and other personalities in the illegal drugs trade.
He added that, “Hindi rin ako si Bikoy na kagaya kinakalat ng ng iba na ako daw yung nagsasalita sa video totally. Wala po akong alam [I’m also not Bikoy, as what others had been spreading as the one in the video. I don’t know anything [about it]).”
Jayme, however, admitted that he was the one who developed the website of Metro Balita.net, but he had never used it to upload or share the Bikoy videos.
The first series of the videos was uploaded on April 2, 2019 in the Facebook page of Metro Balita which was also created by Jayme.
Nevertheless, Jayme said somebody else controls the account.
“Actually, hindi ako ang nag-post, bale yung nagpagawa ang nagpopost noon. Kaya hindi ko alam kung may kasama siya or kung ano ang plano nila basta ang akin lang ako ang naging web master ng website. After noon binigay ko na access sa kanya. Wala na akong kinalaman doon (I wasn’t the one who posted [the videos]. They were posted by the one who asked me to create (the account]. So I don’t know if that person is working with anyone or what their plans are. I was just the webmaster of the website. After I turned over the access to them, I had nothing to do with it anymore),” he added.
Jayme further said that a certain “Maru Nguyen” and “Maru Xie” were the ones who contracted with him for the web accounts.
Meanwhile, an inciting to sedition complaint has been filed against Jayme before the Department of Justice (DOJ).
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said that based on Jayme’s email and Facebook conversations, the attacks against the government were well-planned and were backed by several personalities.
The complaint has been submitted for resolution at the DOJ. –(with details from April Cenedoza), mbmf
QUEZON CITY, Philippines – Indigenous people’s (IP) group in Infanta, Quezon province and in Tanay, Rizal traveled to the city to air their grievances against the construction of the controversial Kaliwa Dam project.
The Kaliwa Dam project is being eyed as solution to the recurring problems in water supply in Metro Manila that has been triggered by the persistent El Niño.
Carrying empty pails and water gallons, the Dumagats, led by Marcelino Tena, call on the government to stop the project as it would affect thousands of lives and would destroy the serenity of the Sierra Madre mountain range.
The group argued that aside from losing their livelihood, the project would pose great danger to the environment as it would increase the risk of flooding and landslide in addition to the damaging effects of global warming.
The indigenous group also denounced the idea that the project is the only solution to the recurring water crisis because the water level in Angat Dam, the main source of water in Metro Manila, remains normal.
But the MWSS maintained that experts already proved the efficiency and safety of the dam’s construction therefore, the IPs in the area have nothing to worry about.
Kaliwa Dam is a 73-meter water project to be erected in the mountains if Infanta, Quezon.
From Infanta, Quezon, a tunnel will be constructed towards Teresa town in Rizal where a water treatment facility will be erected.
The dam is expected to augment water supply in Metro Manila.
The project is worth US$248 million equivalent to P14.5 billion and will be funded under the Chinese Official Development Assistance. – Marje Pelayo (with details from Joan Nano)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.