Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Police Chief Inspector Jovie Espenido to lead probe against Parojinog cops

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, August 11th, 2017

Police Chief Inspector Jovie Espenido was tasked to investigate against cops suspected to have been protecting the Parojinog clan in Ozamiz City.

This is in connection with President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to hold liable all policemen who have been covering up the illegal activities of the Parojinog clan.

PNP- Public Information Office (PIO) PCSupt. Dionardo carlos said, “We will back track on how many decades how many years has this group been going. They are the ones conducting their activities there so we will look into it who are possibly involved.”

The said cops serve as hitmen of the Parojinogs to execute the killing of civilians. The PNP also confirmed that the said cops are members of the alleged Parojinog Death Squad.

“They are still out there. We will check [policemen]: ‘Were you assigned [in Ozamiz] when the Parojinogs were still in power? What could have been your possible participation?’ We will back track [investigation]. Now, if there’s an intelligence report, that report will be included kung sino itong mga (to identify who were the) personnel involved in the past” said Carlos.

Due to insistent demand from Ozamiz City residents, PNP Chief Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa has decided not to send Espenido to other areas of assignment, and will stay instead in Ozamiz City.

Dela Rosa explained in a statement that residents of Ozamiz City are growing afraid of the possible retaliation from the Parojinogs, and the PNP chief believes it is better for Espenido to stay.

Dela Rosa added, they already have leads about the suspected cops linked to the Parojinogs. The PNP is now conducting thorough investigation to confirm their involvement with the clan. — Mon Jocson | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Kerwin Espinosa insists evidence against him was planted

by UNTV   |   Posted on Friday, December 8th, 2017


MANILA, Philippines — During Friday’s hearing at the Manila Regional Trial Court, former Albuera Leyte Police chief Jovie Espenido narrated what transpired during the raid that happened in October last year.

The incident happened at a basketball court in front of self-confessed drug lord Kerwin Espinosa, the son of slain Albuera City Mayor Rolando Espinosa, Sr.

Espenido said there were five individuals arrested in the said buy-bust operation.

The operation had confiscated 200 grams of shabu and several firearms.

Espenido, being a witness of the prosecution, said two of those arrested positively identified the Espinosa father and son as the leaders of the illegal drug operations in the town.

But Kerwin’s camp denied the allegations saying he was out of the country when the raid happened.

“These persons were charged for Section 5, were acting on their own.Wala na, kasi wala nang (there was no longer any) communication with Kerwin,” said Atty. John Ungab, legal counsel of Espinosa.

Espinosa continued to deny involvement saying, “Nagtaka ko bakit ako nasali ako sa hearing na hindi naman ako na-mention sa mga pulis (I was wondering why I was included in the hearing when I was not even mentioned by the police).”

“Hindi po yan sa amin, planted po yan (It’s not ours, those were planted),” he added.

But Espenido said that Kerwin could still manage a drug trade even when he was not physically present.

“Sa ibang bansa, pwede kang anytime maka-call, to continue sa business mo so there’s no reason na magsabi tayo na may doubt na hindi siya kasali (Even outside the country you can make calls to continue doing business, so there’s no reason for us to say that his involvement is doubtful),” said Espenido.

The case was first tried in Baybay Leyte but the supreme court ordered the transfer of the trial to metro manila due to security issues. — Rajel Adora | UNTV News & Rescue

 

 

 

Tags: , , , ,

President Duterte fired DBB chair Santiago over junkets, corruption allegations

by UNTV   |   Posted on Monday, November 20th, 2017


MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang disclosed a letter from the Dangerous Drugs Board Employees Union stating their complaints against former DDB chair Dionisio Santiago.

Based on the letter, Santiago traveled to Vienna, Austria to attend an ordinary meeting with his family. He tagged along with him during the trip his favorite DBB employees which included a certain Edith Julie Mendoza, Santiago’s girl Friday and coffee server.

Aside from this, Santiago also went to the United States for an official business with his alleged mistress, and other favored DDB personnel using the agency’s funds.

The DDB Union also accused Santiago of appointing the sacked Benjamin Reyes whenever he was out of the country without formal appointment.

Santiago also allegedly received a mansion from the Parojinog family, an alleged drug operators in Ozamiz City when he was still the head of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).

Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque said these are some of the reasons why President Duterte fired Santiago.

This is apart from President Duterte’s dismay when Santiago dubbed the government’s mega drug rehabilitation center a “mistake”.

President Duterte recently repeated his warning that he would fire officials who would use government funds for personal gains.

“That shows his resolve against graft and corruption. As far as he is concerned, you don’t even have to be proven. If you’re tainted in any way by corruption, he will not hesitate to fire individuals. General Santiago is only the latest of them,” said Roque.

Malacañang is letting the Office of the Ombudsman decide whether or not to file a criminal complaint against Santiago.

UNTV is trying to get the statement of Santiago regarding this issue through text message and calls but he has not yet responded. — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News and Rescue

 

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Espenido to stay in Ozamiz City as requested by residents

by UNTV   |   Posted on Monday, September 4th, 2017

MANILA, Philippines — PNP chief Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa revealed the reason behind President Rodrigo Duterte’s cancellation of Police Chief Inspector Jovie Espenido’s transfer to Iloilo City.

“If we remove Espenido there, the people might be demoralized and they might even conduct protest if we will transfer Espenido.  That is the reason why the president change his mind and said that give residents a chance,” he said.

Espenido previously said he still has unfinished business in Ozamiz City.

“‘Andyan pa ung kapatid ni Aldong, pamangkin ni Aldong na mga leaders organized crime group dito sa Ozamiz ( There is still the sibling of [Mayor] Aldong, and his nephews who are leaders of organized crime groups in Ozamiz),”  said Espenido.

Also, the PNP chief confirmed the existing threat from the Parojinog supporters in the City.

Dela Rosa also agreed that Espenido should stay in Ozamiz City because he said Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog is doing well in the fighting against illegal drugs in Iloilo City.

Last week, the police killed one of Iloilo’s most wanted drug personality, Richard Prevenido.

“As compared before, it is running good. I hope this will continue,” Dela Rosa said.

Although Dela Rosa is pleased with what is happening Iloilo, he  said he will not relax unless illegal drug trade is totally eradicated not only in Iloilo but in the entire country. — Mon Jocson | UNTV News & Rescue

 

 

Tags: , , , , , , ,