PNP to probe personalities in ‘ouster plot matrix’

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 23, 2019   •   1184

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has announced that they will be conducting an investigation into the personalities included in the ouster plot matrix released by Malacañang last Monday (April 22).

According to PNP Chief PGen. Oscar Albayalde, these personalities, which also include journalists, will undergo validation.

“We conduct validation so that anytime na hingan kami ng comment namin o ng information coming from us, we can give them information. At least naka-prepare na kami, hindi iyong hintayin pa namin na utusan kami (We conduct validation so that anytime we are asked to comment or provide information, at least we are prepared. We are not going to wait to be told what to do),” Albayalde said.

The PNP will also not hesitate to file cases against the involved individuals if there is enough evidence to prove the said destabilization plot.

“If evidence warrants cases to be filed against them, always we go for evidence, iyong talagang (real) substantial evidence that will stand in court,” according to Albayalde. — Aileen Cerrudo

PNP eyes lifestyle check on cops to stop corruption

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 30, 2020

The Philippine National Police (PNP) said it will also conduct lifestyle checks among its ranks following President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to end corruption in the government.

PNP Chief PGen. Camilo Cascolan said the agency will also make changes in the process of PNP frontline services to prevent corruption in the release of documents.

“Susundin po namin iyan by the book (We will follow it by the book) and we will strictly implement to those people who are actually violating and coming up with corruption practices,” he said.

Cascolan also assured to strictly monitor and file appropriate charges against PNP officials proven to be involved in irregularities or any form of corruption.

“We’ll we have stiff penalties with regard to that and they will be
given sanctions. We will also file cases against them if needed,” he said. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

PNP assures police visibility amid strict closure of cemeteries until Nov. 4

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 29, 2020

The Philippine National Police (PNP) assured to conduct strict monitoring of cemeteries across the country amid closure from October 29 to November 4.

Commander of the Joint Task Force COVID Shield Police Lt. Gen. Guillermo Lorenzo Eleazar said they will deploy security at all entrances of the cemeteries and similar places. They will also conduct regular patrol of the vicinity.

“The real intention here is to discourage the influx of large number of people during Undas as part of the measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus,” he said.

Police Assistance Desk will be set up outside cemeteries to ensure that people will not be allowed even if they insist on entering the premises. A total of 2,967 Police Assistance Desks have been set up.

As of October 29, a total of 15,629 policemen were tasked to secure various cemeteries, columbaria and memorial parks while 4,958 more policemen were deployed as road safety marshals.

“Their task is to ensure that no person would be allowed to enter the cemeteries, memorial parks and columbaria from October 29 to November 4 and to ensure that peace and order and observation of minimum health safety standard protocols when these areas reopen on November 5,” Eleazar said.

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) had previously ordered local government units (LGU) to close all private and public cemeteries, memorial parks, and columbaria, as ordered by President Rodrigo Duterte.

“We are asking for the people’s cooperation by not going to the cemeteries, staying at home on October 29 to November 4, 2020 and visiting their departed relatives days before or weeks after the closure,” according to DILG Secretary Eduardo Año. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

PNP deploys search and rescue teams to Quinta-hit areas

Robie de Guzman   •   October 26, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – More than 1,000 members of police search and rescue teams have been deployed to assist in areas heavily battered by Typhoon Quinta, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said Monday.

PNP chief General Camilo Cascolan said the search and rescue teams will particularly help local government units in the implementation of forced evacuation in regions severely affected by the typhoon, as well as in areas highly susceptible to landslide and floods following heavy rains.

“We also have to re-echo the directive that we should be able to force evacuate those who are in high risk areas, most specially for flooding,” Cascolan said.

The PNP chief also ordered the deployment of additional 200 policemen to monitor residential areas whose homeowners were forced to evacuate due to the storm.

“We have policemen guarding these areas to prevent looting incidents from happening in those residences,” Cascolan said.

He added that more than 6,000 more police officers are on stand by for deployment.

Cascolan said he has also ordered police ground commanders to help in the distribution of food packs to families in evacuation centers through the PNP’s Food Bank program.

Typhoon Quinta caused flooding in some areas and forced thousands of residents to flee their homes.

Around 12 fishermen were also reported missing in Catanduanes.

The state weather bureau said the storm is expected to exit the Philippine area of responsibility on Tuesday morning. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.