Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

PNP to probe ‘Bikoy’ narco videos

by Robie de Guzman   |   Posted on Tuesday, April 16th, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) vows to probe viral videos tagging individuals who are close to President Rodrigo Duterte in the illegal drug trade.

PNP Chief General Oscar Albayalde on Monday said they will take the initiative to track down those behind the videos which features a certain “Bikoy” though they have yet to receive any formal complaint.

Bikoy, who claimed to be a former member of a drug syndicate operating in Southern Luzon and Visayas, had tagged presidential son Paolo Duterte and former Special Assistant to the President Bong Go in the narcotics trade.

He also said that both Duterte and Go have dragon tattoos on their backs that bear the alphanumeric codes from the drug transactions.

The video also tagged Agriculture Undersecretary Waldo Reyes Carpio as the owner of bank accounts used as Duterte’s dummy in the drug transaction.

Since April 2, there have been four episodes of the series entitled “Ang Totoong Narcolist” that were uploaded to social media.

Duterte had previously denied the accusation that he was one of the principals of a drug syndicate who received millions of pesos in kickbacks

READ: Paolo Duterte denies receiving kickbacks from drug syndicates

Go also belied the allegations and even bared his back to the public to disprove the tattoo claims.

READ: Bong go bares his back to deny alleged link to drug syndicate

Albayalde said the videos may be a form of propaganda against Duterte and Go since the two are running for public office in the 2019 midterm elections.

The PNP chief also warned earlier that “Bikoy” could face a cyber libel case if he fails to present substantial evidence to back his claims. – Robie de Guzman

Tags: , , , , , ,

Five winners of Senate race file SOCE at Comelec

by Robie de Guzman   |   Posted on Thursday, June 13th, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – At least five of the 12 winners in the 2019 Senatorial race have filed their Statement of Campaign Expenditures (SOCE) before the Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Thursday, June 13.

Senators Cynthia Villar and Nancy Binay led the filing of the SOCE based on Comelec records.

Villar, who clinched the number one spot with more than 25 million votes, filed her campaign expense report on June 11 or two days before the deadline set by Comelec.

Binay, who finished 12th in the race also filed her SOCE last June 11.

Poe, who nestled at the second spot, submitted her report in the afternoon of June 13, as well as Senators-elect Bong Go and Pia Cayetano, who finished third and fourth in the Senate race, respectively.

Comelec said that most of the winning and losing candidates in the May midterm polls were able to beat the SOCE filing deadline.

Section 14 of Republic Act 1766 requires every candidate and political party to file with the Commission the full, true and itemized Soce within 30 days after the election day.

Also required to file such document are those whose campaigns were self-funded, those who did not incur any expenditure, and those who did not pursue their campaign activities even after filing their candidacies or those who withdrew their candidacies.

The poll body said that based on Comelec resolution 10505, the office of an elected candidate who failed to submit the required documents shall be considered vacant pursuant to Section 11 of the Omnibus Election Code until he/she has complied within six months from the proclamation.

“They cannot assume office until they submitted their Statement of Contribution and Expenditures,” said Atty. Efraim Bag-id, acting director of Comelec campaign finance office.

The poll body emphasized the importance of the filing of SOCE as this will help them determine whether candidates and political parties followed the set campaign spending limits.

The Comelec resolution also states that winning candidates and party-lists with late SOCE filing but still within the period of six months shall be charged with lower administrative fines, depending on the position sought by the candidate.

Losing candidates, meanwhile, who failed to submit their SOCE will be meted out an administrative fine of P10,000.

“Iyong mga kandidato na natalo at hindi nakapagsumite ng kanilang Soce, depende po ito kung first timer po sila o second timer. Kapag first timer, administrative po iyan. Kapag 2 or more na beses na hindi sila nakapag- file ng kanilang SOCE e maliban sa administrative fine, they are perpetually disqualified to hold public office whether elective or appointed position,” Bag-id said.

As of 2 p.m. Thursday, 20 candidates for the Senate., 50 party-list groups and three political parties have already filed their Soce.

Comelec said other candidates and political parties may submit their Soce before the campaign finance office until 8 p.m. of June 13. (with details from Aiko Miguel)

Tags: , , , , ,

RTC issues search warrant vs Kapa-Community Ministry International

by Aileen Cerrudo   |   Posted on Tuesday, June 11th, 2019

The Regional Trial Court (RTC) has issued a search warrant against the Kapa-Community Ministry International in Tagum City.

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) went to the office of the Kapa-Community Ministry International.

Authorities knocked several times, however, no one responded. The NBI then seized ID’s, logbooks, and other items in the office.

The police, meanwhile, continues to monitor other investment schemes in the Davao region.

“Na-monitor namin is around 39. Iyong 14 is allegedly nag-close upon monitoring namin that time ay bumalik dahil naka-secure daw sila ng permit, (We monitored 39 [investment schemes]. Fourteen already closed upon our monitoring that time. They went back because they said they havde already secured their permit)” according to Police Regional Office XI Spokesperson PMaj. Jason Baria.

President Rodrigo Duterte himself has ordered the shutdown of the Kapa-Community Ministry International and other investment schemes in Mindanao.

“There have been numerous complaints with the president, in fact, me too, I have been receiving complaints about certain people there that may have prompted the president from ordering,” according to Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) had previously issued a cease and desist order against the religious firm but Kapa did not respond.(with reports from Janice Ingente)

Tags: , , , , ,

PNP to conduct action if Erwin Tulfo fails to surrender expired firearms

by Aileen Cerrudo   |   Posted on Monday, June 10th, 2019

The Philippine National Police (PNP) will be forced to conduct police action against radio broadcaster Erwin Tulfo if he fails to surrender expired firearms.

According to PNP Chief PGen. Oscar Albayalde Erwin’s firearms licenses have already expired since March.

The official also clarified that all expired License to Own and Possess Firearm (LTOPF) needs to be renewed or surrendered.

“As an SOP [Standard Operating Procedure], lahat ng expired hindi lang kay Mr. Tulfo, sa lahat na nag-expire ang LTOPF we remind them to una, renew or surrender all their firearms because once your LTOPF is expired automatic iyong revocation ng mga licenses mo (As an SOP, all expired [firearms], not just Tulfo’s, we remind them to renew their license or surrender all their firearms because one your LTOPF is expired your license will automatically be revoked),” he said.

Meanwhile, PNP Firearms and Explosives Office Director PGen. Val de Leon said they already sent a letter to Tulfo for him to surrender his firearms but he still hasn’t responded.

De Leon also reiterated that Tulfo could have renewed his license even during the election period.

“Wala pa kaming na-monitor na sinurrender na niya ito. We intend to reiterate our effort at tulad ng sabi ng ating Chief PNP, we will be forced to take police actions kung hindi pa niya na-surrender (We haven’t monitored that he already surrendered it. And like what our Chief PNP said, we will be forced to take police actions if he still has not surrendered them),” he said.

Tulfo has not responded on the issue because he is still abroad.

Meanwhile, the Tulfo brothers may now re-apply for police escorts but Albayalde said there is no assurance it will be approved.(with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Tags: , ,