PNP remains clueless on suspects in the Cotabato bombing
by Marje Pelayo | Posted on Tuesday, January 1st, 2019
FILE PHOTO: PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde
QUEZON CITY, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) remains blank as to the suspects in the bombing in South Seas Mall in Cotabato City on Monday (December 31).
Two people died and 34 others injured in the blast that happened in broad daylight when shoppers were busy ahead of the new year celebration.
According to PRO-12 Spokesperson PSupt. Aldrin Gonzales, the Special Investigation Task Group is still ongoing with its investigation on the incident, though the process has been difficult as no one or no group has admitted the incident as of today.
“Ongoing pa po ang investigation na ginagawa ng SITG at iintayin natin ang official findings nila,” Gonzales said.
Nevertheless, the PNP is currently examining the videos captured on CCTV in the area and the testimonies of the witnesses.
Gonzales, meanwhile, confirmed that the PNP-12 Explosive and Ordnance Division is verifying the signature imprinted into the improvised explosive device (IED) used in the incident.
“Andon pa sa EOD ang mag shrapnel at ibang sangkap ng IED na pumutok at sinusuri pa nila and hopefully this following day ay mailabas na ng IED kung anong signature at doon din tayo makapag conclude kung anong grupo ang nasa likod nito,” Gonzales added.
It can be recalled that in August, authorities matched the signature imprinted on the IED used in the Isulan bombing with the one recovered in the botched attack in Koronadal in Region 12.
The IEDs were detonated using a cellular phone as triggering device and the powers source was identified to be a 9 volts battery. The container of both IEDs were also similar, a water pump barrel or a jetmatic.
Gonzales also confirmed that the 34 wounded in the blast are now recovering in the hospital. – Marje Pelayo (with reports from Lea Ylagan)
by Maris Federez | Posted on Monday, July 8th, 2019
Senator Ronald dela Rosa has issued a public apology for his “shit happens” remark last week.
The senator’s statement stemmed from the death of a three-year-old girl during an anti-illegal drugs operation of the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Rodriguez, Rizal last June 29.
Dela Rosa admitted using wrong choice of words in detailing the said incident.
“Klaruhin ko na lang, hindi maganda ang dating doon sa parents ng bata na namatay. I would like to apologize to the family yung aking wrong use of term. Dapat ang sinabi ko doon instead na ‘shit happens’, dapat unfortunate [I would like to clear, it didn’t sit well with the parents of the dead child. I would like to apologize to the family for my wrong use of term. I shouldn’t have said “shit happens” but, rather, unfortunate],” Dela Rosa said.
The newbie senator promised to be very careful with his choice of words now that he is already a lawmaker. (with details from Nel Maribojoc) /mbmf
by Marje Pelayo | Posted on Tuesday, June 25th, 2019
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) has reshuffled officers in several key positions effective June 25.
Police Colonel Domingo Cabillan is now the acting deputy regional director for administration of the Police Regional Office 11 or Davao region.
Meanwhile, Police Colonel Florendo Quibuyen is now the acting executive officer of the Directorate for Research and Development from his former post as officer-in-charge of the Eastern Police District.
Police Brigadier General Nolasco Bathan will take over as the director of the Eastern Police District replacing PBGen. Christopher Tambungan who was relieved for spanking a lady cop.
According to PNP Directorate for Personnel and Records Management Director PMGen. Lyndon Cubos, the newly assigned officers were recommended by the Senior Officers Promotion and Placement Board following assessment of their merits and performances on duty. – (with details from Lea Ylagan)
by Maris Federez | Posted on Thursday, June 13th, 2019
The Philippine National Police has lowered its alert status as the election period comes to an end.
PNP spokesperson PCol. Bernard Banac said only a few areas that have reports of the presence of threat groups such as the Abu Sayyaf, Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters, and communist groups, are still on full alert.
These include Police Regional Office 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
Banac, however, stressed that these areas are not under security threat.
“Wala namang security threat sa naturang mga lugar, nakafull alert pa din ang mga lugar na yun dahil martial law,” Banac said.
Banac added the past election period has been generally peaceful and validated election-related incidents had been low as compared with the 2016 Presidential Elections. (with reports from Lea Ylagan) /mbmf
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.