PNP on full alert for the long holiday

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 17, 2019   •   1270

The Philippine National Police (PNP) is on full alert for any incidents and emergencies this long holiday.

This includes the local units, the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO), the Highway Patrol Group, the Explosives and Ordinance Division, the Maritime Group, and the PNP Aviation Security Group.

PNP spokesperson Bernard Banac said police officers are randomly boarding buses to secure the safety of the passengers.

“Ang kailangan natin dito ay ma-prevent natin at mabigyan ng seguridad ang ating mga kababayan na nakasakay sa mga public transportation. Hindi na natin kailangang hintayin na may mangyaring krimen ang mahalaga ay ma-prevent na natin, (We need to prevent [crimes] provide security to our citizens in public transportation. We don’t have to wait for any crime to happen. We need to prevent it),” he said.

The PNP has called on the public to not hesitate in reporting any suspicious individuals or items around the area.

Meanwhile, the PNP has also prepared two 4×4 trucks and a coaster that can be used to augment vehicles in transport terminals in case there aren’t enough buses to accommodate passengers on their way to the provinces.

According to Banac, they can only provide assistance to passengers in Metro Manila.

He said they will be in close coordination with the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), and the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) to determine if there are stranded passengers in need of assistance.

“Hindi na ito makakalayo pa sa mga lalawigan kukulangin din ang ating mga sasakyan pang emergency lang dito sa Metro Manila (We can no longer go further in the provinces because we don’t even have enough vehicles here in Metro Manila),” Banac said.—Aileen Cerrudo (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

PNP-HPG recovers 15 stolen vehicles in Parañaque City casino

Maris Federez   •   September 16, 2019

The Philippine National Police-Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG) has recovered fifteen allegedly stolen vehicles at a parking area of a casino in Parañaque City.

The SUVs, AUVs, sedans, and motorcycles that are already collecting dust are assumed to have been abandoned in the parking lot for several months or years now.

The PNP-HPG said the vehicles could have been only rented and have not been returned to the owners as they had been pawned to financiers in the casino.

The authorities are now coordinating with the registered owners of the vehicles who could have been victims of “rentangay” or rent-sangla scheme. (from the report of Lea Ylagan) /mbmf

PNP prepares to launch manhunt ops for GCTA-freed convicts still at large

Robie de Guzman   •   September 13, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Friday said it has formed tracker teams in preparation for the manhunt operations against beneficiaries of the good conduct time allowance (GCTA) law who will fail to comply with President Rodrigo Duterte’s 15-day deadline.

The PNP said the 121 tracker teams formed by the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) will be deployed at the end of the 15-day period, which will be on Sept. 19.

There are only six days left before the deadline lapses.

“Nag-organize na agad tayo ng mga teams ng CIDG sa bawat regional offices sa mga provincials at cities,” PNP-CIDG deputy director for administration Police Brigadier General Bernabe Balba told UNTV News in a phone interview.

The president on Sept. 4 ordered convicts who were freed early for good behavior to present themselves within the said period to the nearest police station or to the military.

This is for the investigation and recomputation of their good conduct credits whether they are eligible to avail of the law.

Duterte warned they will be treated as fugitives if they fail to surrender within the given period.

The Department of the Interior and Local Government earlier said it is eyeing to get the help of the International Police (INTERPOL) in arresting heinous crimes convicts freed due to GCTA. This is after they received information that some of the 1,914 released convicts have already left the country.

READ: DILG eyes Interpol, ASEAN police aid in catching GCTA-freed convicts abroad

Balba said that as early as now, tracker teams have started perusing the list of freed heinous criminals who are still at large, as well as their personal information in order to locate their possible whereabouts.

“Even before the deadline ay tumutulong na tayo na malocate at meron din namang namang nagsu-surrender in fact as of today ay nakapagtala na tayo ng 47 surrenderers sa CIDG,” he said.

Data from the PNP showed that as of 6 a.m. Friday, around 353 heinous crimes convicts freed due to GCTA have surrendered to authorities.

Of this number, 115 were convicted for murder while 108 were involved in rape cases.

Mimaropa (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan) Regional Police Office has the highest number of surrenderers with 51 followed by Cagayan Valley (Police Regional Office 2) with 35.

The PNP said 234 of the total number of surrendered convicts have been turned over to the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor). RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

PNP appoints 6 senior officers to new posts

Robie de Guzman   •   September 12, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Police General Oscar Albayalde has designated six senior police officials to new posts in another round of reorganization in the PNP leadership, police spokesperson BGen. Bernard Banac said Thursday.

In a press statement, Banac said Albayalde approved the new designations upon the recommendation of the PNP Senior Officers Placement and Promotion Board.

The reorganization, triggered by the recent retirement of some PNP officers, will affect some key positions in the National Support Units and Police Regional Office, the police official said.

According to Banac, Brigadier General Joselito Esquivel Jr. is now the director of Police Regional Office 13; Brigadier General Gilberto Cruz will be the acting Director for Integrated Police Operations in Northern Luzon; and Brigadier General Alfred Corpus is the new director of Police Regional Office 12.

Meanwhile, Brigadier General Omega Jireh Fidel was appointed director of the Engineering Service; Brigadier General Rey Lyndon Lawas was designated as director of the Training Service; and Colonel Ronnie Montejo was named acting director of Quezon City Police District.

Banac said the new designations take effect Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+63) 396-8688 (Tel)

(+63) 2 920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+63) 396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+63) 2 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.