PNP, nakatutok sa mga tourist spot na maaring pasukin ng mga drug pusher ngayong bakasyon
admin • March 20, 2013 • 4591
FILE PHOTO: Ang Boracay ang isa sa mga paboritong puntahan ng mga turistang lokal man o foreigners lalo na ngayong summer vacation. (Romeo Daquioag / UNTV)
MANILA, Philippines — Isa sa mga lugar na tututukan ng PNP Anti-Illegal Drug Special Operations Task Force (AIDSOTF) ang mga tourist destination sa bansa na potensiyal na pagbentahan ng droga.
Ayon kay AIDSOTF Spokesman Chief Inspector Roque Merdegia, maaring samantalahin ng mga drug pusher ang pagdagsa ng mga turista sa mga lugar-bakasyunan.
Isa ang Boracay sa tourist spots na imo-monitor ng ahensiya.
Nangunguna ang shabu sa pinakamabiling droga sumunod ang marijuana at cocaine.
Ayon sa AIDSOTF, pumapalo sa P5,000 hanggang P9,000 ang street value ng isang gramo ng shabu.
Lumalabas na aabot na sa lima hanggang siyam na milyong piso ang kada kilo ng shabu.
Ayon pa sa ahensya, lumalabas na nasa 1.6 hanggang 1.7 million ang gumagamit ng droga sa buong bansa.
Sa ngayon ay tuloy ang kampanya ng mga otoridad upang masugpo ang iligal na bentahan ng droga sa mga barangay at sa mga pinaghihinalaang shabu laboratories sa bansa. (Victor Cosare & Ruth Navales, UNTV News)
The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año has ordered the relief of Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Region 6 Director Fire Senior Supt. Roderick P. Aguto after several BFP personnel allegedly breached quarantine protocols in Boracay.
The BFP personnel, dubbed as the ‘Boracay 27’, reportedly visited the island of Boracay from June 12 to 14 for a despedida party. However, one of their members was supposed to be in quarantine while waiting for her COVID-19 test result which later came out positive.
Año said the country is currently facing a pandemic and there is no time for any excuses.
“We will never tolerate any wrongdoing by our BFP personnel or any other DILG personnel for that matter because lives are at stake here. Moreover, as law enforcers, we must set a good example to our people and the breach of quarantine protocols sets a very bad example,” he said.
The DILG also said that the BFP Regional Office is now conducting swabbing and placing under quarantine all its personnel who have had contact with the said individual.
Meanwhile, the BFP will begin further investigation on the matter and is prepared to file a complaint once it is found that the Boracay 27 indeed violated quarantine protocols. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)
President Rodrigo Duterte has postponed his scheduled trip to Boracay amid the threat of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the country.
Duterte’s supposed visit was to conduct an inspection of Boracay after the six-month rehabilitation period last year.
In a statement on Wednesday (March 11), Malacañang announced that the chief executive’s trip will be rescheduled for another date.
“In light of the recent developments and after careful review of the situation concerning the coronavirus disease in the country, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte will not proceed to Boracay Island on Thursday, March 12, as earlier scheduled,” Palace spokesman Salvador Panelo said in a statement.—AAC
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.