MANILA, Philippines – May sarili nang novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) testing facility ang Philippine National Police (PNP).
Ayon kay PNP deputy chief for administration Lieutenant General Camilo Cascolan, sinertipikahan na ng Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) ng Department of Health (DOH) ang kanilang testing center at license to operate na lamang ang hinihintay para ganap itong mabuksan.
Ani Cascolan, ang Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) facility ng PNP ay inaprubahan bilang independent testing center noong Mayo 13.
Nakumpleto rin ng PNP ang requirement na 15 tauhan na mag-ooperate ng RT-PCR facility.
Pansamantala itong ipu-puwesto sa PNP Crime Laboratory sa Camp Crame habang hindi pa tapos ang 84-square meter na pasilidad sa likod ng PNP Health Service.
Ayon sa opisyal, prayoridad sa testing ang pulis na dumu-duty sa checkpoints at nagpapatupad ng seguridad sa Metro Manila.
“Unahin natin mga kapulisan natin lalo na ang mga frontliner. We need to be sure of our PNP first and then it will be continuing,” ani Cascolan.
Bubuksan din naman ang pasilidad sa mga sibilyan kapag natapos nang i-test ang mga tauhan ng PNP.
“Anytime, kung makuha na yung mga kapulisan natin pwede na yung mga sibilyan pumasok syempre,” ani Cascolan.
Bukod sa Camp Crame, plano rin ng pulisya na magbukas ng COVID-19 testing center sa police regional offices sa Davao at Cebu.
“They should coordinate with their local government to help them out to come up with the artificial laboratory like doon sa mga regions nila para maka-cater sa mga pulis,” ani Cascolan.
Sa huling tala ng PNP Health Service, umabot na sa 260 ang bilang ng mga pulis na nag-positibo sa coronavirus disease.
Nasa 788 probable at 574 suspect cases naman ang binabantayan sa ngayon.
Sa nag-positibo sa COVID-19, walumpu’t apat (84) ang gumaling habang apat naman ang nasawi. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Lea Ylagan)
The Department of Health (DOH) has warned the public on the possible airborne transmission of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Despite the lack of further studies, the Health Department said they are not dismissing the possibility that COVID-19 might spread in the air. They reminded the public to always adhere to the health and safety protocols.
“Patuloy po tayong natututo tungkol sa SARS-CoV-2 at COVID-19. Kabilang na nga po dito ang mode of transmission o paraan ng pagkalat ng COVID-19 (We are continuously learning about SARS-CoV2 and COVID-19. This includes the mode of transmission of COVID-19). It’s an evolving science and new evidence continues to roll out,” according to DOH Spokesperson Maria Rosario Vergeire.
More than 200 scientists urged the World Health Organization (WHO) to acknowledge the possibility of airborne transmission. According to a study, “viruses are released during exhalation, talking and coughing in microdroplets small enough to remain aloft in the air.”
The WHO previously dismissed the possibility of airborne transmission but said they will release a scientific brief summary regarding the collected data on the modes of transmission of COVID-19
“This is a respiratory pathogen and so it is important that what we know is it fits into the guidance that we have, which is why a comprehensive package of interventions is required to be able to stop transmission,” according to WHO Technical Lead on COVID-19 Pandemic Maria Van Kerkhove.
Meanwhile, the DOH said they will also review and verify the evidence and studies about COVID-19 in order to provide appropriate information and advisories to the public. —AAC(with reports from Aiko Miguel)
MANILA, Philippines – The Quezon City Hall of Justice building and its annex will be temporarily shut down after four of its court officers and employees tested positive for novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the city government announced on Friday.
The city government said Mayor Joy Belmonte ordered the closure of the buildings for seven days of until the city’s Epidemiological and Disease Surveillance Unit (QC-ESU) has completed the appropriate testing and containment measures.
In her letter to Regional Trial Court Executive Judge Cecilyn Burgos-Villavert and Metropolitan Trial Court Executive Judge Ace Alagar, Belmonte explained that her decision to temporarily shut down the Hall of Justice is to enforce measures during epidemic or outbreak to prevent spread of disease.
QC-ESU head Dr. Rolly Cruz said they will conduct exhaustive contact tracing of all those who were in close contact with the court officers and employees who were found positive and perform follow-up testing as necessary.
Suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases shall be placed on home quarantine or isolation in a quarantine facility as feasible under the circumstances, he added.
Meanwhile, the city’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (DRRMO) started the thorough surface disinfection and misting of the whole City Hall complex.
The agency said the disinfection began on Thursday and will last until Sunday.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.