MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) has leveraged modern communication technology to monitor the actual or real-time situation in various parts of the country on the day of the May 13 elections.
On Tuesday (May 7), PNP Chief Police General Oscar Albayalde initiated the launch of the PNP National Election Monitoring Action Center located at the Police Headquarters in Camp Crame.
The center will be manned by 60 police personnel and is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment.
“May video iyan at ise-send nila dito and we will be able to see the situation kung ano (ang) nangyayari on the ground,” Albayalde explained.
(There will be video [monitors] where the video will be sent and we will be able to see what is happening on the ground.)
The entire police force is now on full alert status days before the midterm polls on May 13.
Over 140,000 cops have already been deployed to different parts of the country including the new recruits and newly graduate cadets of the PNP Academy.
So far, Albayalde said they have not received any report of possible terror plots that might hamper or distract the election process.
He assures, however, that the PNP will remain on guard especially in all 946 areas of concern across the country, majority of which are in the Mindanao region.
Meanwhile, Albayalde clarified that the PNP only provided security details to personalities that are approved by Comelec.
The Police Chief asks political rivals to refrain from any act of violence.
“Kahit na siguro intense ang rivalry pero huwag lang magsakitan,” he appealed.
(No matter how intense the rivalry is, there shouldn’t be violence.)
Likewise, he advised his men in the PNP not to meddle with the election process and let the personnel from the Commission on Elections (Comelec) handle any election-related concerns.
“Wala pa kaming naging experience na binigyan kami ng authority ng COMELEC para makialam doon sa mga ballot boxes except ang mga naka-assign as EBs,” he concluded.
(Except for those assigned as EBs [Election Boards], Comelec has never given us authority to intervene with the handling of ballot boxes.))– (with reports from Rey Pelayo) Marje Pelayo
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Justice (DOJ) has closed the trial on the charges filed against former Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Oscar Albayalde and 13 policemen tagged as ninja cops.
The case is now submitted for resolution and the DOJ panel will release the resolution once it finds probable cause to pursue with the charges.
Albayalde and 13 other cops are facing corruption charges and violations of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 due to an anomalous drug raid in Mexico, Pampanga in 2013 where the cops allegedly ‘recycled’ the confiscated illegal drugs.
Albayalde denied the allegations and claimed that the case should be dismissed.
He was the Provincial Director of Pampanga Police when the controversial anti-drug operations happened.
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Friday said it has released over P7 billion for the year-end bonuses of its personnel, both uniformed and non-uniformed, in active duty.
In a press release, the PNP said about P P7,481,118,702 will be given to 205,189 PNP personnel nationwide.
PNP Director for Comptrollership Maj. Gen. Jose Victor Ramos said the year-end bonus is equivalent to the amount of the monthly basic salary of each personnel along with the mandated P5,000 cash gift from the national government.
The year-end bonus has been credited to the individual ATM payroll accounts of each police personnel through the Land Bank of the Philippines, the PNP said.
For police personnel who are yet to be enrolled in the PNP’s ATM payroll system, Finance Service Director Brig. Gen. Joselito Vera Cruz said they will receive their individual cheques through their Regional Finance Service Offices.
Meanwhile, the release of year-end bonuses for police personnel with pending administrative and criminal cases will be deferred in accordance with its disciplinary policy.
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) on Wednesday directed the Philippine National Police (PNP) to speed up its investigation into the ambush of Masiu, Lanao del Sur Mayor Nasser Pangandaman Jr.
DILG Secretary Eduardo Año said the PNP, in coordination with its military counterparts, should exert all efforts to ensure the immediate arrest of the suspects behind the ambush.
“The DILG condemns this atrocity which is a huge affront to the efforts of the government through our law enforcement groups to ensure peace and order in our communities. The PNP, in coordination with its military counterparts, should exert all efforts to arrest the suspects of this dastardly act,” Año said in a statement.
Pangandaman and his convoy were ambushed by unidentified men on Sunday, Nov. 10, while on their way to a council meeting.
The mayor survived the attack but his police escort, Corporal Jabbar Pangandaman was killed while two others were injured.
Following the incident, Año called for intensified security measures from police and the military such as regular foot and mobile patrols and setting up checkpoints.
The DILG chief also said that a manhunt operation has been launched against the suspects.
Investigators are also looking into possible motives behind the ambush, including “rido” or feud between warring clans in Lanao del Sur.
“The PNP is exploring several leads and interviewing witnesses so that we can easily track down the suspects behind this ambush. We assure the Pangandaman family that all hands are on this case,” Año said.
The DILG chief has expressed his condolences to the family of Corporal Pangandaman, and assured them of the government’s assistance.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.