Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

PNP identifies negligence of security personnel in Resorts World Manila attack

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Wednesday, June 7th, 2017

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_060617_Jose Espino

MANILA — The Philippine National Police (PNP) has ruled that Resorts World Manila has no emergency response team that’s why the lone-gunman in Friday’s attack was able to enter the hotel premises.

PNP-Supervisory Office for Security and Investigation Agencies (SOSIA) has explained that because Resorts World has no such team, the guards who first encountered the gunman were obviously clueless of what to do during the incident.

PNP-SOSIA Chief PCSupt. Jose Espino added that the hotel also did not adhere to the standard security protocol.

They assigned only a few guards on graveyard shift of 12 midnight to 7 in the morning.

The hotel does not implement a buddy system and it doesn’t have command and control as well as a crisis management team,

Their security personnel also lack training and are not in proper uniform.

For this reasons, PNP-SOSIA has decided to conduct regular review and training sessions to all security providers to ensure that their personnel adhere with the standards.

“We again reminded the security managers of the standard procedures protocol. Okay security at nakita dun (it showed) what is lacking really are the drills and rehearsal ng kanilang (of their) security plan,” Espino said. –  Grace Casin | UNTV News and Rescue

Tags: , ,

PNP recalls Trillanes’ security escorts

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, October 5th, 2018

 

FILE PHOTO: Sen. Antonio arrives in a press conference

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police – Police Security and Protection Group (PNP – PSPG) has recalled the two security escorts of Senator Antonio Trillanes.

PSPG Director PCSupt. Filmore Escobal said that PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde ordered the recall of the senator’s police escorts after President Rodrigo Duterte revoked the amnesty granted earlier to Trillanes by former president Benigno Aquino III.

“Nang lumabas yung kanyang warrant of arrest, but as early as lumabas yung presidential proclamation rendering his amnesty void ab initio, nagbigay ng instruction si Chief PNP na i-recall,” Escobal explained.

But he clarified that the senator may have the police escorts back once he is acquitted of coup d’etat charges and the PNP leadership approves his request for security escorts. — Lea Ylagan

Tags: ,

‘Ompong’ deaths now at 88, estimated damages at P16B

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Thursday, September 20th, 2018

Retrieval operations in Itogon landslide

 

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – The latest tally from the Philippine National Police (PNP) National Operations Center on Thursday, September 20, registered a total of 88 individuals who lost their lives due to Typhoon Ompong.

The highest count is still at the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) with 66.

Meanwhile, the number of reported missing is at 64.

Authorities said there were no incidents of looting so far in the areas affected by typhoon Ompong.

Meanwhile, Ompong’s estimated amount of damage has now reached over P16B.

Based on the latest report by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC), more than P14B-worth of damage was recorded in the agriculture sector and over P2B-worth in infrastructure.

The largest devastation was assessed in Region 2 which hit the P7B mark followed by the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) and Region 1 with P3B respectively. – Marje Pelayo (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

 

Damage Due to Typhoon Ompong ( as of Sept. 20, 2018 6:00 a.m. )

Agriculture – P14,339,237,631.02

Infrastructure – P2,363,810,000.00

TOTAL:  P16,703,047,631.02

 

BREAKDOWN:

Region 2 – P7,144,559,755.71

CAR – P3,493,202,704.31

Region 1 – P3,040,574,707.00

 

 

SOURCE: NDRRMC

 

Tags: , ,

PNP chief relieves Midsayap, Gensan police chiefs after Sunday blasts

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Tuesday, September 18th, 2018

FILE PHOTO: Policemen in line

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Oscar Albayalde ordered the relief of the chief of police of Midsayap, North Cotabato and General Santos City following the explosions that hit the said areas on Sunday, September 16.

Albayalde also reminded police commanders in Mindanao to intensify their intelligence gathering to prevent such incidents.

“Again, we reminded our regional directors doon sa Mindanao to strengthen their target hardening measures. Of course, yung kanilang intelligence gathering, napaka-importante nito para matigil itong mga bombings na ito,” said Albayalde.

Eight individuals were hurt when a bomb exploded in General Santos City at Sunday noon while no casualty was reported in an explosion at a certain videoke house in Midsayap, North Cotabato.

The PNP also believes that the militant group BIFF orchestrated the blasts. — Lea Ylagan

Tags: ,