Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

PNP-IAS awaits report on possible errors in Parojinog raid

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, August 11th, 2017

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_081017_GALVAN

PSSupt. Geary Galvan said they will submit their recommendation on the Ozamiz raid next week as soon as they receive the result of the investigation of the Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) and the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG).

“Magrerecommend po kami na meron pong violation ng POP, if ever, yung Police Operational Procedures. Dun lang naman po tayo eh,” Internal Affairs Service (IAS) Region X head, PSSupt. Gerry Galvan said.

(Translation:  We will submit our recommendations if ever there was a violation of POP [Police Operational Procedures].)

For now, the investigation of the PNP-IAS on the bloody raid against the Parojinogs in Ozamiz City last month, is ongoing.

Galvan said they are now talking to a witness, including Sofia, the daughter of Vice Mayor Nova Princess Parojinog.

“Kasi ang pangako nila sa amin magbibigay sila ng statement last Friday yung mga witnesses dun kay Mayor Parojinog. Eh magpa Friday na uli wala pa so nagpapunta kmi ng tao. Sabi nila inaantay nila Atty. Topacio but until now wala pa ring dumadating so nagpunta na kmi dito para kami na mag interview,” Galvan said.

( Translation: They promised to give the statements of witnesses last Friday. It’s almost Frayda again and we have not received anything, that’s why we sent our men. They said, Atty. Topacio [lawyer of the Parojinogs] are still waiting for it but until now no one has come to us. So we decided to come here and do the interview ourselves.)

The police officer added that they are still searching for two additional witnesses named Cesar and Anggie.

It can be recalled that Ozamiz Police Chief Inspector Jovie Espenido admitted that the cable of the CCTV unit at the Parojinog compound was cut, perhaps for the protection of their men.

Meanwhile, one relative of the Parojinogs, hopes that the investigation will be fair to both sides.

“We hope as a family na kahit papano mabigyan ng magandang sagot ung mga katanungan namin as a family din po kasi hanggang ngayon after 2 weeks na pangyayari wala pa rin kami masagot sa sarili namin kung paano nangyari,” said  Fron Vasquez, Vice Mayor Nova’s cousin.  (We hope, as a family, in some way our questions will be answered. It’s been 2 weeks since the incident we still don’t have answers how ithappened.)– Grace Casin | UNTV News and Rescue

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

President Duterte fired DBB chair Santiago over junkets, corruption allegations

by UNTV   |   Posted on Monday, November 20th, 2017


MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang disclosed a letter from the Dangerous Drugs Board Employees Union stating their complaints against former DDB chair Dionisio Santiago.

Based on the letter, Santiago traveled to Vienna, Austria to attend an ordinary meeting with his family. He tagged along with him during the trip his favorite DBB employees which included a certain Edith Julie Mendoza, Santiago’s girl Friday and coffee server.

Aside from this, Santiago also went to the United States for an official business with his alleged mistress, and other favored DDB personnel using the agency’s funds.

The DDB Union also accused Santiago of appointing the sacked Benjamin Reyes whenever he was out of the country without formal appointment.

Santiago also allegedly received a mansion from the Parojinog family, an alleged drug operators in Ozamiz City when he was still the head of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).

Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque said these are some of the reasons why President Duterte fired Santiago.

This is apart from President Duterte’s dismay when Santiago dubbed the government’s mega drug rehabilitation center a “mistake”.

President Duterte recently repeated his warning that he would fire officials who would use government funds for personal gains.

“That shows his resolve against graft and corruption. As far as he is concerned, you don’t even have to be proven. If you’re tainted in any way by corruption, he will not hesitate to fire individuals. General Santiago is only the latest of them,” said Roque.

Malacañang is letting the Office of the Ombudsman decide whether or not to file a criminal complaint against Santiago.

UNTV is trying to get the statement of Santiago regarding this issue through text message and calls but he has not yet responded. — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News and Rescue

 

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Critics changed definition of “extrajudicial killings” to destroy Duterte admin – PNP Chief

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, October 9th, 2017

PNP Chief Ronald ‘Bato’ dela Rosa

PNP Chief Ronald ‘Bato’ dela Rosa

MANILA, Philippines – PNP Chief Ronald ‘Bato’ dela Rosa is wondering why the definition of extrajudicial killings (EJK) has changed while all the killings before were labeled as murder or homicide

Dela Rosa said, there is zero case of extrajudicial killings in the country because there are no state-sponsored killings

Dela Rosa added that the critics of the President are using the term EJK to bring down the campaign of the administration against illegal drugs

It is also possible that these critics are affected directly by the war on drugs of the government

“There’s no EJK, that is true if we will base it on the definition of EJK. The problem with these critics, they created the definition of EJK, but now that they’re not in power anymore, they want to change its meaning?” Dela Rosa said.

He added they are not hiding results of police operations especially now that the PNP is freely giving evidence and information to the media and the public who wants to access police reports, to prove that there is no EJK in the country

In fact, the PNP Internal Affairs Service (IAS) has given directive to conduct special inspection on homicide cases and this includes auditing of police officials performance

In an interview with PNP-IAS Chief Atty. Alfegar Triambulo, all PNP officials who will be inefficient and ineffective in their investigation will be relieved from service

“So if we find out that tour commanders are ineffective and inefficient, we will recommend to the Chief PNP that they be relieved from service,” Triambulo said.

The PNP respects the latest survey regarding the trust rating of the President.

In fact, the PNP asked for understanding if the public is not satisfied with the service of the police.

Dela Rosa said that they are just doing their job and that they cannot please everybody while doing their duty that is mandated by the law. – Mon Jocson | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , , ,

PAO insists there is more than sufficient evidence against cops in Kian’s killing

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, October 2nd, 2017

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_100217_POLICE CALOOCAN

Manila, Philippines – The Public Attorney’s Office (PAO) has insisted that there is more than sufficient evidence against four Caloocan policemen who were charged with murder and torture over the death of 17-year old Kian Lloyd delos Santos.

In their reply to the counter affidavit of the policemen, the PAO said, no less than the PNP-Internal Affairs Service (IAS)found the respondents liable.

In its pre-charge investigation report, the IAS stated that Kian’s arrest was irregular and its purpose suspicious because he was not brought to the police vehicle but was instead dragged to the opposite direction towards Tullahan River where he was killed.

It was also clear that the policemen intentionally conspired to kill the victim because their actions were coordinated and the victim was shot in the head.

The DOJ will continue the preliminary investigation on Tuesday next week. – UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , ,