PNP-HPG recovers 15 stolen vehicles in Parañaque City casino

Maris Federez   •   September 16, 2019   •   525

The Philippine National Police-Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG) has recovered fifteen allegedly stolen vehicles at a parking area of a casino in Parañaque City.

The SUVs, AUVs, sedans, and motorcycles that are already collecting dust are assumed to have been abandoned in the parking lot for several months or years now.

The PNP-HPG said the vehicles could have been only rented and have not been returned to the owners as they had been pawned to financiers in the casino.

The authorities are now coordinating with the registered owners of the vehicles who could have been victims of “rentangay” or rent-sangla scheme. (from the report of Lea Ylagan) /mbmf

PHL authorities see int’l syndicate link in P5.1-B shabu seized in Bulacan drug bust

Robie de Guzman   •   June 5, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Authorities are now looking into the profile and possible network of a Chinese national who was arrested during a Thursday buy-bust operation that yielded around P5.1 billion worth of suspected shabu (crystal meth) in Marilao, Bulacan.

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) said the suspect, identified as Yuwen Cai, could be a “trusted man” of a bigger drug personality or an international syndicate given the volume of illegal drugs confiscated by the authorities.

Elements of the Philippine National Police and PDEA, together with the Bulacan Police, on Thursday afternoon stormed a warehouse along Reley Street in Barangay Lias.

Yuwen Cai, said to be the caretaker of the warehouse, was arrested during the operation, along with Filipinos Angela Miole Tulio and Ma. Lyn Miole Tulio.

Seized from the suspects were boxes containing 808 kilograms of suspected shabu, which police authorities consider as its biggest drug haul to date.

According to PDEA Director General Wilkins Villanueva, they are now looking into the Chinese man’s connections to an international drug syndicate, and if he is linked to chemist, Samson Tan who was arrested during a recent raid in a kitchen-type shabu laboratory in Biñan, Laguna.

“Chinese ang nandito eh, ibig sabihin, konektado na ito sa international drug trafficking organizations. Titingnan namin sa matrix namin kung konektado, from him siguro ito yung babagsakan, pwedeng from importation, dito lalagpak,” he said.

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Archie Gamboa also said they have a link diagram on the illegal drug’s possible source and where it is supposed to be supplied.

“Meron tayong link dito, kung kanino ito probably source, saan siya i-deliver, sino yung pinakamalaking tao. But of course, we do not want to voice it out to the media, as you remember itong drug is continuing operations, pag i-voice mo yung link nila magti-change sila ng negosyo,” Gamboa said.

The suspects are facing charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Dangerous Drugs Act. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

AFP, PNP provide free ride to commuters amid limited public transport

Robie de Guzman   •   June 2, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) have deployed buses and trucks to help transport stranded commuters after Metro Manila shifted to general community quarantine (GCQ) starting June 1.

PNP spokesperson Brigadier General Bernard Banac said they sent three police trucks from Camp Crame to Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City, Navotas, and Bacoor, Cavite to assist employees returning to work on the first day of Metro Manila’s transition to GCQ.

“Naging maayos at mapayapa at ito ay magandang panimula subalit may mga natanggap din tayo na ulat ng traffic build up at congestion at mga pedestrians at essential workers na hindi nakasakay,” Banac said.

“Agad nagpalabas ng kautusan si PNP chief PGen. Archie Gamboa sa ating mga units na tumulong na magsakay ng mga stranded na essentials workers, maging ang mga PNP Trucks natin ay pinalabas din upang makapaghatid ng mga manggagawa sa kani kanilang destination,” he added.

The military, for its part, deployed six trucks to Batasan and Philcoa areas in Quezon City to augment limited public transport.

“AFP Chief General Filemon Santos Jr. commits to continue to provide commuter assistance in coordination with MMDA to alleviate the concerns of the riding public,” AFP spokesperson Brigadier General Edgard Arevalo said.

Arevalo assured that other military vehicles are on standby for dispatch when requested by authorities. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

More than 500 local execs under probe over alleged SAP anomalies – CIDG

Robie de Guzman   •   June 2, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – More than 500 local and barangay officials are being investigated over the alleged anomalies in the distribution of the cash subsidy under the government’s Social Amelioration Program (SAP).

According to the Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG), a total of 505 local officials nationwide are under “case build-up” following allegations of their involvement in graft and corrupt practices amid the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) crisis.

PNP-CIDG deputy director for administration Police Brigadier General Rhoderick Armamento said around 380 complainants went to their office from April 1 to June 1 to report the alleged wrongdoings of local officials during the SAP distribution.

Armamento said most of the barangay officials facing allegations are from Western Visayas.

Among the local officials under investigation are 104 barangay chairpersons, 70 are barangay councilors, and three are Sangguniang Kabataan chairpersons.

The CIDG official also revealed the recent arrest they made involving three barangay officials from Olongapo City and Davao del Sur for allegedly ‘splitting’ the SAP cash aid of intended family-beneficiaries.

“Nagkaroon din po ang splitting, namagitan s’ya at diumano sa utos ng, may nag-utos sa kanya na, yun nga, hindi ibibigay lahat ang subsidy kundi babawasan… Hindi rin po na receive totally ng mga complainants yung amount na pinirmahan nila,” Armamento said.

The Department of the Interior and Local Government earlier said that “splitting” is among the top complaints leveled against erring barangay officials, in which they allegedly divide the SAP cash aid of one family to benefit other families.

Collecting “processing fees” and getting a cut from the SAP financial aid of beneficiaries also emerged as among the top complaints against some barangay officials.

Armamento said they have already lodged criminal complaints against more than 100 barangay officials over the alleged irregularities in the SAP distribution.

He also called on the public anew to report local officials who are involved in corrupt practices through the CIDG Facebook account, and hotline numbers 09773475267 and 09510593843. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.