PNP coordinates with Chinese police on entry of illegal drugs in Phl

admin   •   August 1, 2016   •   2444

File photo.

File photo.

Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Ronald Dela Rosa spoke with the Chinese police regarding illegal drugs operations.

According to Gen. Dela Rosa, the Chinese police promised cooperation towards hunting down drug lords behind the entry of illegal drugs to the Philippines.

“I went to the ASEANPOL conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Chinese chief of police promised to cooperate with us. So, we have a very bright future against illegal drugs because even China will be cooperating,” Dela Rosa said.

The Chinese police is still giving information on the correct profiles of Chinese drug lords Peter Lim and Peter Co, as well as chinese nationals involved in illegal drugs trade in the Philippines.

This information is considered highly valuable and Gen. Dela Rosa has not given further details on this yet.

“Where are the big fish? Do not be impatient. Those drug lords will get killed. If they are not killed here in the Philippines, they will be killed in China. That was our agrement,” Dela Rosa assured.

President Rodrigo Duterte has previously named Lim and Co together with Herbert Colangco as the top drug lords in the country based on the list they have.

Co and Colangco are now detained in the New Bilibid Prisons while a businessman named Peter Lim has revealed himself to the National Bureau of Investigation last week to deny being one of the drug lords.

Lim has earlier met with President Duterte in Davao before going to the NBI to clear the issue.

(SHWERIN CULUB ONG/UNTV NEWS & RESCUE)

Eleazar orders deeper probe into killing of lawyer in South Cotabato

Robie de Guzman   •   September 16, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Guillermo Eleazar on Thursday ordered a deeper investigation into the killing of a lawyer in South Cotabato.

In a statement, Eleazar wants police investigators to determine the motive and identify in the soonest possible time the perpetrators of the crime.

A report from the South Cotabato Provincial Police Office stated that Atty. Juan Gammad Macababbad, 68, was shot dead by three unidentified gunmen in front of his house in Surallah on Wednesday afternoon.

He suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was declared dead on arrival at the hospital.

“The Philippine National Police joins the legal community and the Filipino people in condemning the killing of a lawyer in South Cotabato,” Eleazar said.

“Kasabay ng pagkondena dito ay ang aking kautusan sa RD, PRO12 na tutukan ang kasong ito upang mapanagot ang mga taong nasa likod nito at maibigay ang nararapat na hustisya kay Atty. Macababbad at sa kanyang pamilya,” he added.

Eleazar said he also ordered the Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management to check on the status of other cases of lawyer killings in the last five years and to expedite the investigation of those that are still unresolved.

 

Philippines won’t cooperate with ICC probe, Palace maintains

Robie de Guzman   •   September 16, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang on Thursday maintained that the Philippine government will not cooperate with the International Criminal Court (ICC) investigation into the Duterte administration’s anti-drug campaign.

Chief presidential legal counsel Salvador Panelo said the ICC has no jurisdiction over the Philippines and its decision to authorize an investigation into the killings under the government’s war on drugs is interference into the country’s domestic affairs.

He also stressed that the country has already withdrawn from the Rome Statute – the treaty that established the ICC.

In March 2019, the Philippines effectively withdrew from the Rome Statute after Duterte cancelled the country’s membership of the ICC’s founding treaty.

Under the ICC’s withdrawal mechanism, the court retains jurisdiction over crimes committed during the membership period of a state.

The ICC on Wednesday said that its Pre-Trial Chamber 1 has granted then Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda’s request to formally conduct a full investigation into the Philippines’ drug war.

Bensouda previously argued that there is a reasonable basis to believe that murder has been committed in the Philippines between July 1, 2016 and March 16, 2019 in the context of the state policy.

But Panelo said the ICC can only conduct an investigation if the state’s judicial system is no longer functional, which is not the case in the Philippines.

It must also be proven that the state is unwilling to prosecute suspects in order for the ICC to launch a probe.

Panelo said ICC probers will not be allowed to enter the Philippines. He also believes that the investigation was politically motivated.

Public urged to cooperate as NCR shifts to quarantine alert levels system

Robie de Guzman   •   September 16, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) has called for public cooperation as the pilot implementation of granular lockdowns and quarantine alert levels system in the National Capital Region (NCR) begins Thursday.

In a statement, PNP chief Police General Guillermo Eleazar said the public can help ensure the success of the test by strictly adhering to protocols and being mindful of their own protection from the dreaded COVID-19.

“Sa pag-umpisa ng Alert Level 4 at granular lockdown sa Metro Manila ngayong araw, muling nakikiusap ang inyong PNP sa ating mga kababayan na makiisa at isapuso ang mga alintuntuning ipinapatupad para sa kaligtasan ng lahat,” he said.

Authorities on Thursday began the pilot implementation of the new alert levels system in Metro Manila that seek to curb COVID-19 cases and allow some industries to resume operations.

Metro Manila has been placed under alert level 4 due to high case counts and healthcare utilization rate.

Under the second highest alert level, certain restrictions will be imposed on establishments and activities that are classified as 3 Cs – closed spaces, crowded areas, and activities that promote close contact.

The policy allows certain indoor activities under specific seating capacity for fully vaccinated individuals. Granular lockdowns will also be implemented in particular barangays, buildings and other areas with high infection rate.

In the duration of the said system, curfew hours will be shortened to 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.

Eleazar said police personnel will also continue to implement quarantine and public health protocols.

“Naniniwala ang inyong PNP na ang patuloy na pagsuway ng ilan nating kababayan ay isa sa mga dahilan ng pagtaas ng kaso. Kaya hinihikayat natin ang ating mga kababayan na isa-puso ang mga alintuntuning ito kasama ang pagrespeto sa mas maraming bilang ng mga Pilipino na sumusunod sa mga patarakan at ang pagbibigay ng malasakit sa ating mga healthcare workers na bugbog na sa patuloy na pagdami ng mga kaso ng COVID,” he said.

Data from the PNP showed that a total of 224,626 violators were accosted in Metro Manila alone for violation of the minimum public health safety from August 21 to September 15 when the National Capital Region is under the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine.

A total of 87,729 were accosted for curfew violation and another 15,296 for violation of the ban on unnecessary travel for non-Authorized Persons Outside Residence.

In the nearby provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal, a total of 1,153,833 violators were accosted for violating of public health protocols, curfew and prohibition on unnecessary travels from August 21 to September 15, the PNP said.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.