PNP confirms severed head found in Jolo, Sulu belongs to Canadian hostage Robert Hall

admin   •   June 21, 2016   •   6064

FILE PHOTO: Robert Hall

FILE PHOTO: Robert Hall

Following forensics and DNA testing, the Philippine National Police Crime Laboratory has confirmed that the severed head found in Jolo, Sulu last week is indeed that of the Canadian kidnap victim Robert Hall.

According to PNP Crime Laboratory Director Chief Superintendent Emmanuel Aranas, they compared the specimen from the severed head with the DNA profile of Hall sent by the Canadian government.

Aranas said, the set of specimen, the buccal swabs, neck muscles, and left earlobe of the severed head matched Hall’s DNA profile.

“We were given ready documents from Canada because way back, he submitted specimen there. So, his DNA profile was sent to us. He has an established DNA profile in Canada,”

After the confirmation of his identity, the police considered the case closed and the severed head was immediately turned over to the Canadian Embassy.

“Finally, we have confirmed the identification of the decapitated head. It was of the kidnap victim Robert Hall,”

Aranas said, though authorities are still searching for the headless body of the victim, he assured that the crime lab is still capable of identifying the body using DNA samples and through cross-matching of Hall’s DNA profile even if the body is in its advance stage of decomposition.

PNP to deploy more cops at Manila dolomite beach

Robie de Guzman   •   October 25, 2021

 

The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Monday said it will deploy more personnel at the dolomite beach in Manila after thousands of people flocked to the area over the weekend.

PNP chief Police General Guillermo Eleazar said he has tasked the Manila Police District (MPD) to closely coordinate with the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), dolomite beach administrators, and the local government unit on the possibility of establishing restrictions on the number of visitors and their length of stay.

He also directed the MPD to make sure that no super spreader event will occur in the area.

“Inatasan ko na ang Director, MPD na magdagdag ng pulis sa dolomite area ng Manila Bay upang tiyakin na nasusunod ang minimum public health safety protocols. Kasama sa aking utos ang pakikipag-ugnayan sa lokal na pamahalaan upang magkaroon ng maayos na sistema, lalo na sa pagdadala ng mga bata na nakita natin sa video at sa mga litrato na kumalat sa social media,” Eleazar said in a statement.

“Nauunawaan natin ang kasabikan ng ilan nating mga kababayan na lumabas dahil sa mahabang lockdown subalit hindi dahilan ito upang ipagsawalang-bahala ang kaligtasan ng bawat isa, lalo na ang mga batang isinama nila gayong malinaw sa patakaran na hindi pa puwede silang lumabas under the COVID Alert Level 3 status,” he added.

Last Sunday, the PNP said authorities temporarily stopped the entry of visitors when the crowd reached 4,000.

Video taken via UNTV drone also showed clusters of people visiting the dolomite beach, with some even violating the protocol on social distancing and wearing of face masks.

Eleazar reminded the public to strictly adhere to the health protocols against COVID-19 when visiting public areas to prevent the further spread of the disease.

The DENR earlier said it is eyeing the possibility of limiting to only 15 minutes the length of stay and the number of visitors to the area.

PNP chief Eleazar orders probe into Maguindanao blast

Robie de Guzman   •   October 25, 2021

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Police General Guillermo Eleazar on Monday said he has directed the Police Regional Office-Bangsamoro Autonomous Region to conduct a deeper probe into a grenade blast that occurred in Maguindanao last Saturday, Oct. 23.

In a statement, Eleazar said police investigators should look into the possible motive and perpetrators of the incident, which is said to be targeting Maguindanao Rep. Esmael “Toto” Mangudadatu.

“Our police investigators should not leave any stone unturned in determining the motive and identifying the perpetrator of the grenade blast. Lahat ng anggulo ay ating titingnan sa insidenteng ito,” he said.

The PNP said the blast transpired just as a convoy of some 20 to 30 vehicles of Mangudadatu and his group were passing near a Philippine Army detachment in Guindulungan, Maguindanao.

Initial information stated that a hand grenade was thrown towards the direction of the military detachment, which then exploded.

“Isa lang sa maraming posibleng motibo sa insidente ang sinasabing pagtarget kay Maguindanao Rep. Esmael Mangudadatu ng pagpapasabog. Maaari rin kasing nagkataon lang na dumaan ang convoy ni Rep. Mangudadatu nang naganap ang insidente,” Eleazar said.

“Pero agad makikipag-ugnayan ang ating mga imbestigador sa kongresista pati na rin sa mga sundalong nakatalaga sa Army detachment para kumuha pa ng ibang detalye,” he added.

Mangudadatu is eyeing the gubernatorial post of the province in the 2022 national and local elections.

Meanwhile, Eleazar ordered all police units and offices in the region to remain vigilant and to work with the military to prevent any attacks from lawless elements, especially during this election season.

 

PNP to closely monitor cemeteries, columbaria ahead of Undas – Eleazar

Robie de Guzman   •   October 23, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Friday said it will closely monitor cemeteries nationwide ahead of the observance of the Catholic community’s Undas.

In a statement, PNP chief Police General Guillermo Eleazar said he has directed police personnel to be prepared for the arrival of people in cemeteries, memorial parks, or columbaria during Undas on November 1 and 2.

Eleazar said they are expecting people to visit these areas before November to avoid crowds.

“Inaasahan natin ang maagang pagbisita ng ating mga kababayan sa kanilang mga pumanaw na mahal sa buhay. Inatasan ko ang ating kapulisan na maging alerto at siguraduhing nasusunod ang ating minimum health standards,” he said.

“Dapat matiyak na walang mangyayaring super spreader event sa mga sementeryo,” he added.

The PNP chief’s directive comes after the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases ordered for the closure of cemeteries from October 29 to November 2.

Eleazar also reminded the public to strictly abide by health and safety protocols to prevent further transmission of COVID-19.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.