PNP confirms presence of Maute Group In Metro Manila; assures public safety
admin • March 22, 2017 • 3998
MANILA— Authorities are now searching for other members of the Maute Group to prevent further attempts to sow terror in metro manila.
This, following the arrest of one of its members, Nasip Ibrahim who is now under the custody of the Philippine National Police (PNP).
Securities at ports has also been tightened especially on roll- on/ roll-off (RORO) vessels that usually dock at ports, and are being used by terrorists to transfer their firearms and explosives.
“It is possible that they have a cell here in Metro Manila. Like what the district director said, they have a leader here, and his name is Eusoff Macoto; allegedly hiding in Tanza Cavite… Security at ports will now be tightened,” said NCRPO chief PDir. Oscar Albayalde.
Quezon City Police District (QCPD) operatives arrested Ibrahim last night at his house at Salaam Compound Barangay Culiat, Quezon City.
Ibrahim is among suspects in the foiled US Embassy bombing attempt last November. The four other suspects have already been arrested last year.
Members of the Maute Group have used Ibrahim’s house to store firearms, and improvised explosive device which they use to spread terror.
Recovered from the suspect’s house were firearms and ammunitions, seven packets of suspected shabu, and a mortar.
Based on PNP’s investigation, the said group was also behind the terror threat during the Translacion and Miss Universe Beauty Pageant in Metro Manila.
“They have contacts here. They have a hideout here. They have connections here, and members that protect them especially those coming from Mindanao,” said Albayalde.
“Because their safe havens here are also their co-members and those who have returned to Islam.”
The PNP Chief PDG Ronald dela Rosa calls on the public not to panic since the PNP will deploy additional cops to crowded areas to ensure everyone’s safety.
“If the public will be afraid to go to public places that means they have achieved their victories. In order to defeat the terrorist we have to live our lives naturally. But we will remain on alert,” he said. — Grace Casin | UNTV News and Rescue
WATCH: Maute Group’s threat to General Bato Dela Rosa, allegedly due to PNP’s war on drugs
MANILA, Philippines – Babawasan ng National Water Resources Board (NWRB) ang alokasyon ng tubig sa Metro Manila simula sa Oktubre 1 dahil sa patuloy na pagbaba ng tubig sa mga dam.
Layunin nito na umabot hanggang sa susunod na taon ang kasalukuyang antas ng tubig sa mga dam para sa konsumo ng buong rehiyon ng Luzon.
Ayon sa NWRB, ibababa sa 44 cubic meters per second (cms) mula sa 46 cms ang ibibigay na alokasyon sa Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System para sa business at residential consumption.
Ibababa rin sa 25 cms mula sa 30 cms ang ilalaang tubig para sa irigasyon ng mga sakahan.
Sa monitoring ng PAGASA ngayong Martes, nasa 177.94 meters ang kasalukuyang lebel ng tubig sa Angat Dam, mas mababa ito ng tatlong metro mula sa 180 meters na minimum operating level.
Samantala, tiniyak naman ng water concessionaires na Maynilad at Manila Water na sapat pa rin ang supply ng tubig at wala silang ipatutupad na water service interruption. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Joan Nano)
MANILA, Philippines — Starting Thursday (October 1), new quarantine classifications will take effect across the country and will remain for a duration of one month, as announced by President Rodrigo Duterte in his late night public address Monday (September 28).
The President approved the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force to place under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) areas in the province of Lanao del Sur including Marawi City from October 1 to 31.
Meanwhile, six areas in the country will be placed under general community quarantine (GCQ) after the end of September.
These include Metro Manila, Batangas, Tacloban City, Bacolod City, Iligan City and Iloilo City.
The rest of the country will be placed under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ).
The President said he is pleased with how the local governments are responding to the crisis brought about by coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
He reiterated the national government’s readiness to respond and continue its services especially in the face of a pandemic despite the criticisms.
“Mga kababayan ko, wag kayong masyadong maniwala diyan sa mga atake-atake (My countrymen, don’t listen to the attacks too much). It would just muddle up your mind,” he said.
“Nandito kami (We are here). Our purpose is to serve and to work, if we cannot serve, and if we cannot work, then we might as well get out of the government as ask somebody else to take over,” the president concluded. MNP (with reports from Rosalie Coz)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.