PNP assures police visibility amid strict closure of cemeteries until Nov. 4

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 29, 2020   •   143

The Philippine National Police (PNP) assured to conduct strict monitoring of cemeteries across the country amid closure from October 29 to November 4.

Commander of the Joint Task Force COVID Shield Police Lt. Gen. Guillermo Lorenzo Eleazar said they will deploy security at all entrances of the cemeteries and similar places. They will also conduct regular patrol of the vicinity.

“The real intention here is to discourage the influx of large number of people during Undas as part of the measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus,” he said.

Police Assistance Desk will be set up outside cemeteries to ensure that people will not be allowed even if they insist on entering the premises. A total of 2,967 Police Assistance Desks have been set up.

As of October 29, a total of 15,629 policemen were tasked to secure various cemeteries, columbaria and memorial parks while 4,958 more policemen were deployed as road safety marshals.

“Their task is to ensure that no person would be allowed to enter the cemeteries, memorial parks and columbaria from October 29 to November 4 and to ensure that peace and order and observation of minimum health safety standard protocols when these areas reopen on November 5,” Eleazar said.

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) had previously ordered local government units (LGU) to close all private and public cemeteries, memorial parks, and columbaria, as ordered by President Rodrigo Duterte.

“We are asking for the people’s cooperation by not going to the cemeteries, staying at home on October 29 to November 4, 2020 and visiting their departed relatives days before or weeks after the closure,” according to DILG Secretary Eduardo Año. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Sinas eyes removing implementation of alternate work schedule in PNP

Aileen Cerrudo   •   November 16, 2020

Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Debold Sinas is eyeing to revert back the work schedule of PNP personnel.

Due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, work schedule of PNP personnel in Camp Crame changed to seven-day straight duty and rest day. However, Sinas said work schedule will go back to normal to increase productivity.

“New normal for the PNP should be doing your usual/daily activities in the furtherance of your accomplishment, your missions, your task with the strict observance of the different DOH protocol,” he said.

The PNP Chief also announced that PNP offices will not implement a lockdown in case one of the personnel tested positive for COVID-19.

Sinas said an internal strategy is needed to still maintain health safety protocols while increasing productivity in PNP.

Tuloy po ang serbisyo. Hindi na tayo pwedeng i-lockdown iyan ng 5 days, 14 days pano naman iyong serbisyo publiko po (Our service continues. We cannot implement lockdown for 5 days or 14 days, how about public service)?” he said.

He also calls on the cooperation of every PNP personnel to continue practicing health and safety protocols to prevent the spread of the virus while performing their duties. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Sinas grateful for PRRD’s defense on the mañanita issue

Aileen Cerrudo   •   November 16, 2020

Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Debold Sinas

MANILA, Philippines — Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Debold Sinas expressed his gratitude to President Rodrigo Duterte for defending him over the mañanita issue.

Sinas said he is happy with the support given by the President. The PNP Chief assured he will perform his duty.

“Natuwa ako pero at the same time nahihiya, (I am grateful and at the same time embarrassed). I am very happy for the support of the President for me as his Chief PNP. Thank you very much Mr. President. Rest assured of our best in police service,” he said.

Duterte came to Sina’s defense after his appointment as the new PNP Chief was questioned, citing the mañanita controversy. Duterte said the manañanita is only a small issue and the public should focus on criticizing corrupt officials. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Debold Sinas formally assumes post as PNP chief

Robie de Guzman   •   November 10, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Police Major General Debold Sinas on Tuesday officially assumed the post as the 25th chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP).

In a change of command ceremony held at Camp Crame on Tuesday afternoon, Sinas vowed to continue implementing reforms in the organization.

He also assured PNP’s continued support for the administration’s campaigns, especially against illegal drugs, criminality, and terrorism.

Sinas also bared his plans to form an anti-drug unit that will focus on high-value target and vowed to go after cops involved in the narcotics trade.

He also warned to prosecute without any special treatment policemen who are into illegal gambling and committing other illegal acts.

During his assumption speech, Sinas also expressed gratitude to President Rodrigo Duterte for choosing him to lead the country’s police force.

He also thanked Interior Secretary Eduardo Año for believing in his capability, as well as Senators Panfilo Lacson, Bong Go and Ronald dela Rosa for their support.

Sinas replaced Police General Camilo Cascolan who bowed out of police service after reaching the mandatory retirement age of 56.

Sinas will retire in May 2021. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.