PNP-AKG personnel to undergo Mandarin training in China

Maris Federez   •   August 26, 2019   •   808

The Philippine National Police will start sending Anti-Kidnapping Group personnel to China for a training in Mandarin.

Initially, three AKG personnel will be sent to China for the lessons.

PNP-AKG spokesperson Plt.Col. Elmer Cereno said that having their men learn Mandarin is to enable them to properly conduct investigations, especially since most victims in recent kidnapping incidents were Chinese.

Cereno added that as a result of the training, they can cut back on expenses as it will no longer be necessary for them to hire interpreters in rescuing kidnap victims and apprehending the kidnappers who are all Chinese.

“Ito yung nagiging problema natin pag may mga nare-rescue tayong mga Chinese saka pag may nahuhuli tayong kidnappers na Chinese din kailangan muna nating humingi ng tulong sa MRDO o kayay mag- hire tayo ng interpreter para maimbestigahan at malaman kung ano talaga ang punot-dulo noong pagkidnap sa kanila at bakit sila kinidnap [It’s always a problem during rescue operations when the victims and the kidnappers are both Chinese. We still had to seek help from the MRDO or hire interpreters in conducting investigations],” Cereno added.

The official added that the Chinese Consular office will take care of the expenses of the PNP personnel who will undergo the training in China as part of its assistance to the PNP.

This is also China’s way to help their fellowmen who might fall victim to kidnapping.

The project targets to train 20 AKG officers.

“Hindi lang dito sa Camp Crame, magpapadala rin kami ng mga manggagaling ng Visayas at Mindanao key office naming [Not only (the police ) from Camp Crame but also those from our Visayas and Mindanao key offices],” Cereno added.

Based on PNP-AKG data, around 56 kidnapping incidents and 120 arrested Chinese suspects had been recorded since 2017. (from the report of Lea Ylagan) /mbmf

2 Chinese nationals nabbed for alleged kidnapping

Aileen Cerrudo   •   August 12, 2020

Operatives from the Philippine National Police-Anti-Kidnapping group have arrested two Chinese nationals for allegedly kidnapping their fellow citizen.

Authorities identified the suspects as Weng Zhiting and Cheng Guo. Their victims were identified as Jiang Xiao Hao and Li Weizu.

The PNP-AKG conducted an operation in BF Resort Village in Las Piñas City on August 9 after receiving information from Jiang Xiao Hao’s wife that the suspects were demanding P3.5 million in exchange for his release.

AKG Luzon Field Unit Chief Col. Villafor Bannawagan said the suspects will face kidnapping for ransom charges while authorities continue to hunt down the suspects’ five other cohorts. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

PNP-AKG rescues 3 Chinese nationals from kidnap-for- ransom group

Maris Federez   •   December 14, 2019

The Philippine National Police-Anti Kidnapping Group (PNP-AKG) has confirmed the rescue of three Chinese nationals from a kidnap for ransom group in Bacoor, Cavite on Friday (December 13).

The victims, namely, Pham ThiTu, Zhang Juanzi, Shen Wenhui were allegedly raped by the suspects who are also Chinese nationals.

The rescue led to the arrest of the six suspects.

A statement sent to the media on Saturday said PNP-AKG teams led by PMaj. Cesar Nuñez Jr and PMaj. Edgar Pablico, together with the PNP Bacoor under PLtCol. Villaflor Bannawagan conducted the rescue after receiving reports from the partners of the victims.

The first complaint came from Huafeng Du on Dec. 12 regarding the abduction of his girlfriend, Pham.

He said the kidnappers demanded 200,000 RMB in exchange for the release of his girlfriend.

The second complaint was filed by Chang Hsiang Hao on December 11, reporting that his girlfriend Zhang Juanzi left on December 10 at around 11:00 PM but has not returned home since.

He said he received a WeChat message from the victim’s account on December 11 asking for Php 700,000 which he sent through an online payment app. However, the kidnapper did not release the victim but demanded instead for another Php 700,000 on December 12.

The third victim named Shen Wenhui was abducted inside Okada Hotel at around 10:00 in the evening on December 12 and was brought to the said place in Bacoor, Cavite. /mbmf

POGO security guard arrested for involvement in kidnapping of 2 Chinese nationals

Maris Federez   •   December 10, 2019

MANILA, Philippines— The Philippine National Police Anti-Kidnapping Group (PNP-AKG) on Tuesday (Dec. 10) arrested a Filipino security guard involved in the kidnapping of two Chinese nationals in Las Piñas City.

The suspect, named Saturnino Matias, is a security guard in a Philippine Offshore Gaming Operator (POGO) where the mastermind of the kidnapping identified as Michael Chan is purportedly working.

Authorities found out about the kidnapping incident when another Chinese national who had also been abducted was eventually released after paying a ransom of 30,000 Renminbi or an equivalent of over Php 200,000.

The police, however, are looking into robbery as a motive for the alleged kidnapping of the two Chinese nationals.

“According sa interview dun sa dalawang victim natin, naglalakad lang sila sa along Alabang nung November 26. So bale, seven days na silang naka-stay dun sa room na ‘yun […] Allegedly, may utang itong dalawa na ‘to. Nagnakaw daw sila,” PNP-AKG spokesperson PLtCol. Joel Saliba  said.

The suspect, meanwhile, denied knowing that the two Chinese nationals he was guarding were victims of kidnap-for-ransom.

“Inosente po ako. Wala po akong alam diyan kasi Chinese po ang usapan nila, nagtatawanan pa sila eh. Hindi ko alam na ganito pala ‘yun,” Matias said.

He will be charged with kidnapping for ransom with serious illegal detention.

The AKG said the two are now added to the six POGO-related kidnapping cases recorded this year.

Meanwhile, the PNP-AKG will conduct a separate investigation on the alleged abduction of a female Chinese national in Makati on Monday (Dec. 9) night.

The AKG said they have not received any complaint from the relatives of the victim who the Makati City Police said is also an employee of a POGO company.

Police are also looking into unpaid loans as an angle on the case.

Former PNP chief Senator Ronald Bato Dela Rosa said authorities had been receiving reports of kidnapping incidents involving Chinese nationals even during his time.

He said the presence of POGOs in the country must not be singled out as the reason behind these incidents.

He added that even if Filipinos are not involved, authorities must still act on these cases.

“Kung yan ay kidnapping for ransom na victimizing wealthy Filipino businessmen or kahit sinong ordinaryong Pilipino […] cause of concern yan ng lahat ng mga Pilipino dito. Pero sila sila mga Intsik nagkikidnapan. Meron bang Pilipinong kinidnap ng Chinese? Wala pa naman. But still, it’s not a crime and should be stopped,” Dela Rosa said. (from the report of Harlene Delgado) /mbmf

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.