PNoy returns home from hospital

UNTV News   •   December 18, 2019   •   512

Former president Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino

Former president Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino has been discharged from confinement at the Makati Medical Center, his spokesperson said on Tuesday.

Former deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said Aquino expressed his gratitude to those who prayed for his health and recovery.

On December 9, Valte confirmed that Aquino was in the hospital for a scheduled routine check-up. This was after rumors circulated that the former chief executive was in confinement due to a heart procedure.

Ex-Pres. Noynoy Aquino in hospital for ‘routine procedure’ – Valte

Robie de Guzman   •   December 9, 2019

Former President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III

MANILA, Philippines – The former deputy spokesperson of Former President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III confirmed he is at the Makati Medical Center on Monday, but only for a “scheduled checkup and a routine procedure.”

Abigail Valte issued the statement following a report which claimed that Aquino was rushed to a hospital to undergo a heart procedure.

“Former President Noynoy Aquino is at the Makati Medical Center for a scheduled check-up and a routine procedure,” she told reporters in a message.

She also assured the public that Aquino is “alright and in high spirits,” adding that he even made a joke about his supposed heart procedure.

“While he is currently under observation, I was able to speak to him and apprise him of what is being reported in media. Nagbiro pa na baka daw kaya heart procedure ang balita kasi heartbroken siya,” she said.

“Thanks everyone for their concern,” she added.

This is not the first time that concerns were raised about Aquino’s health. Last August, the 59-year old former president skipped the death anniversary commemoration of his late father, former senator Benigno Aquino Jr. His camp previously said Aquino did not attend the event as he was down with the flu. – RRD (with a report from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)

2019 POLLWATCH: Admin, opposition senatorial bets continue to woo voters

Robie de Guzman   •   March 6, 2019

(Top) President Duterte raises the hands of Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-LABAN) senatorial bets. (Middle) Former President Benigno Aquino III endorses the Otso Diretso slate during the EDSA People Power anniversary. (Bottom) Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte and Hugpong ng Pagbabago senatorial aspirants pose with President Duterte’s fist salute during the launch of their campaign.  (Photos: PCOO|PVI| HNP Page)

Senatorial bets for the May 2019 midterm elections continue to hold campaign sorties in a bid to persuade the public to cast votes in their favor.

On Tuesday, March 5, candidates of the administration-backed Hugpong ng Pagbabago party visited Antipolo City and Bacoor City, Cavite. Hugpong bets Francis Tolentino, Sonny Angara, JV Ejercito, Jinggoy Estrada, Cynthia Villar, Ilocos Norte Governor Imee Marcos, former Senator Ramon Revilla Jr. and former Police Chief Ronald ‘Bato’ dela Rosa joined the political rally.

The Senatorial bets of the Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban), on the other hand, traveled to Bangued, Abra to hold a campaign rally with President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday.

The Opposition slate ‘Otso Diretso’, meanwhile, went to Muntinlupa City to woo voters in a town hall meeting. Those who joined the campaign sortie were senatorial aspirants Erin Tañada, Atty. Romulo Macalintal, Samira Gutoc and former Solicitor General Florin Hilbay.

Senator Bam Aquino, Atty. Chel Diokno and Magdalo Party-list Representative Gary Alejano were not in attendance but sent their respective representatives instead.

On March 6, Wednesday, the ‘Otso Diretso’ slate will go to Marikina City and Rizal province while Hugpong bets will visit Parañaque and Las Piñas, based on schedules sent to media. – Robie de Guzman (with details from Correspondent Grace Casin)

PNoy urges vigilance against repeat of martial law’s ‘dark days’

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 25, 2019

Former president, Benigno Aquino III

QUEZON CITY, Philippines — In commemoration of the 33rd anniversary of EDSA Revolution, former President Benigno Aquino III encouraged the public to use their right to vote so that the grim history of the country during martial law will never happen again.

He said that the public should remain vigilant because it seems like history is repeating itself.

“Tila nagbabalik iyong mga unang ugali at pamamaraan na ating nilabanan na noong panahon ng kadiliman ng batas military,” Aquino said.

(It seems like the previous actions and tactics we fought against during martial law are happening again),” Aquino said.

The former president even cited the proposal to change the country’s name to ‘Maharlika’ as reminiscent of the Marcos regime.

“Gagawin na naman tayong ‘Maharlika’. Parang last time kong narinig yan parang Apong Ferdie pa ata ang nakaupo eh. Hindi na left turn, U-turn na po ata ito,” he said.

(They want to name the country “Maharlika” again. The last time I
heard that proposal, Apong Ferdie [Ferdinand Marcos] was still in power. This is not a left turn anymore but a u-turn.)

Aquino called on the public to use their votes to prevent the country from falling into a worse situation.

“Kapag bumoto ka sa kaalyado ng administrasyon o ng mga inendorso nila, parang sinabi mo na rin na, ‘Tama po lahat ng ginawa ninyo. Ituloy po ninyo, lalo pa ninyong paigtingin’,”he said.

(If you voted or endorsed the allies of the administration, it is like you’re telling them that their actions are right and they should continue it.)

The former president also endorsed the eight opposition candidates. —Aileen Cerrudo with reports from Grace Casin

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.