by UNTV News | Posted on Monday, 18 March 2019 12:51 PM
Dengue cases in Zamboanga Peninsula rose to 81 percent, according to the Department of Health (DOH) 9. Cases had reached 1,743 from January 1 to March 7, 2019.
Based on the report of the DOH 9, Zamboanga City reported 719 dengue cases, a 213% increase compared to the same period last year which recorded 230 cases. Zamboanga del Norte, on the other hand, recorded 499 cases which is a 222 percent increase from last year’s 155 cases.
Meanwhile, Zamboanga Sibugay recorded 175 dengue cases; Isabela City , Basilan, 99 cases; and Zamboanga Del Sur with 251.
The DOH reminds residents to implement the 4-S campaign against dengue and work on controlling the mosquito population.
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III previously said, “The first step to prevent dengue is within our homes. It is important to remove any space or container that can hold unnecessary stagnant water which may become breeding sites for mosquitoes.”—Aileen Cerrudo
by UNTV News and Rescue | Posted on Thursday, 31 January 2019 10:17 AM
ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – Authorities believe that the grenade attack on a mosque in the city, which killed two people and injured four others, is an isolated case.
Authorities suspect that it stemmed from a personal grudge because the victims were not residents of the place and perhaps the suspects as well.
It could also be politics, the police said, since one of the victims was a barangay councilman in the town of Basilan.
“I-che-check po natin. May kaalitan ba sila doon? Politically inclined ba ang mga persons (involved)? Makikipag-coordinate po tayo,” assured ZCPO Spokesperson PCInsp. Shellamie Chang. – Marje Pelayo (with reports from Dante Amento)
by UNTV News and Rescue | Posted on Tuesday, 9 October 2018 03:48 PM
Zamboanga City Mayor Maria Isabelle Climaco-Salazar and Zamboanga District Collector Atty. Lyceo C. Martinez | Photo via Zamboanga City Government Facebook page
ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – District Collector Atty. Lyceo Martinez and other officials of the Bureau of Customs (BOC) Zamboanga District were suspended on Tuesday (October 9) over thousands of sacks of rice that remains missing.
The rice supply was turned over to the BOC after the seizure operation.
Martinez has an existing charges of gross neglect of duty, grave misconduct and conduct prejudicial to the best interest of service prior to his suspension.
His co-accused are District Commander of the Customs Police Filomeno Salazar and two others.
The BOC continues to investigate where the missing goods were possibly delivered. – UNTV News and Rescue
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.