Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Peace process is not yet dead – GPH chief negotiator

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Thursday, October 12th, 2017

Secretary Silvestre Bello III

MANILA, Philippines – Unless there is a formal document stating the termination of the peace talks between the government and the National Democratic Front, there is still hope that it will return to the negotiating table.

This is the statement of the Government Peace Panel Chief Negotiator and Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III.

“The talks are alive and we are just waiting for the President to give us the instructions to go back to the peace table,” Bello said.

Recently, President Rodrigo Duterte said he is not yet ready to talk with the leftist group and maybe the next president will do it.

This after the New People’s Army intensified its attacks against the government forces.

“At this stage I am not ready to talk to them because it is not good for the country. If it is for the country, it is good, but the way it is now, I don’t like and maybe it would take sometime, maybe another president to do it,” Duterte said.

But Secretary Bello said the President is referring to the 5th round and backchannel talks which were both canceled because of the absence of conducive atmosphere.

Bello said it can be noted that  President Duterte’s key promise at the start of his term is to bring lasting peace in the country.

“He made a very clear statement that his legacy to our country and to our countrymen is a lasting peace for our country so I don’t think the President abandoned that legacy,” Bello said. – Rosalie Coz | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

First phase of a new terminal at Clark Int’l Airport to begin next month

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, December 1st, 2017

PAMPANGA, Philippines — Airport officials believe there is a need to construct new airport terminals in Clark, Pampanga due to the increasing number of passengers at the Clark International Airport.

According to the figures of the Construction Industry Arbitration Commission (CIAC), the said airport has 1.4 million passengers this year, bigger than last year, which was at 1.3 million passengers.

Due to the increase, officials of CIAC believe there is a need to build another airport terminal.

“We are at the first phase. What does the first phase contain? The first phase contains a new terminal project. This means we will build a new terminal, new passenger terminal building,” CIAC CEO Mr. Alexander Cauguiran said.

“Aside from this building, we will construct as well a secondary road network that would connect the terminal to the SCTEX so that passengers will no longer have to pass through the middle of the zone. And then of course the transportation hub and the horizontal project. These five components are incorporated in the first phase,”  he added.

The said project will begin in December of this year and is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2020.

“The government, President Duterte, and DOTR want the BCDA to finish it by the first quarter of 2020. From there, once the market becomes vibrant, we can see its results. It will take years before we can implement the second phase,” Cauguiran said.

The soon to be constructed terminal is expected to accommodate up to 8 million passengers.

With a second terminal, the Clark Airport can accommodate a total of more than 12 million passengers.

The construction of the new terminal is expected to cost the government P12 to P15 billion. – Rosalie Coz | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , ,

Former Pres. Noynoy Aquino denies allegation of destabilization attempt

by UNTV   |   Posted on Monday, November 27th, 2017

MANILA, Philippines — Former President Benigno Aquino III maintains that the Liberal Party has no plans of destroying the current government.

He denied the allegation of being the man behind the rumored destabilization plot.

He believes that if ever there are attempts against the current administration, it is perhaps a decision of the people because of the failed promises of President Duterte.

“Wala kaming pinaplanong ganyan. Kung maganda ang ginagawa nila kuntento ang taumbayan magtatagumpay ang government. Pero kung hindi tama ang ang mga nangyayari, hindi natutupad ang mga ipinangako, hindi maintindihan ang sinasabi dun nagke-create ng dissatifiscation. Hindi sa amin nagmumula yun. Baka dapat tumingin sila sa paligid nila,” said the former president.

(We have no such plans. If their governance is good, then people are satisfied and the government is successful. But if things are not going well, promises are not fulfilled, statements are unclear, then it creates dissatifiscation. It’s not coming from us. Maybe they should look around them.)

Aquino believes there is no reason for President Duterte to declare a revolutionary government.

He added that there are appropriate provisions in the law that will surely address the problems the current administration is facing.

For its part, Malacañang stressed that, at this point, there is no legal basis for Pres. Duterte to declare a revolutionary government.

This, following reports of an alleged massive protest being brewed specifically for November 30 with the aim of pushing the president to declare such.

According to Malacañang, the government sees no threat against the government.

In fact, the majority of the Filipinos still expresses their support to the president.

“We appreciate the calls of president’s supporters for a revolutionary government but I think there is no factual or legal basis as of now because the president has said he would consider a revolutionary government if the destabilizers would persist in their plan to remove him from office,” said Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque. — Joan Nano| UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , ,

President Duterte designates ex-spokesperson as Foreign Affairs undersecretary

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, November 24th, 2017

President Rodrigo Duterte has designated his former presidential spokesperson, Ernesto Abella as undersecretary for strategic communications of the Department of Foreign Affairs.

Abella served as the presidential spokesperson for more than a year before being replaced by former Kabayan Partylist representative Atty. Harry Roque.

President Duterte did not explain his reason for Abella’s transfer aside from saying it is his personal decision.

Meanwhile, Secretary Roque has been designated as the presidential adviser on human rights in addition to his role as the presidential spokesperson. – UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,