Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

PDEA’s new ‘narcolist’ includes 6 congressmen, 60 mayors

by Marje Pelayo   |   Posted on Tuesday, June 5th, 2018

 

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) revealed that based on the ongoing revalidation of its “narcolist,” the agency has so far validated drug linkages of about 6 congressmen, 60 mayors, some vice mayors and 17 elected barangay officials.

According to PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino, the list also includes some soldiers, policemen and government employees. He also disclosed that some PDEA officials, particularly assigned in Calabarzon, the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao (ARMM,) and Northern Mindanao as having links to the illegal drugs trade.

Aquino assured that once the validation is completed, PDEA will proceed with filing appropriate charges against said officials. The PDEA Director stressed that they will not tolerate officials who are instrumental in the proliferation of illegal drugs in the country.

“Wala namang palakasan iyan. Alam ninyo naman si Presidente malakas ka man sa kanya kaalyado ka man niya wala siyang pakialam, basta nasa narcopolitics ka, period! Hindi namin hihintuan ng pagta-tighten up yung case para mai-file yung kaso,” Aquino said.

Aquino, meanwhile, warned the public of the drug syndicates’ strategy in distributing illegal drug items such as the recently seized P74.8 million worth of shabu in Cavite and Paranaque City which were delivered through freight forwarding services.

Aquino added that the exchanges usually happen in malls.

“Ito iyong bagahe ko ibabalot ko iyan sa karton ng sapatos and then gift wrap ko. Iiwan ko sa baggage counter so kukunin ko numero ko. Ipapasa ko doon sa kakilala ko siya na ang kukuha noon. Iyon na ang magdi-distribute ng drugs,” Aquino concluded. – Joan Nano / Marje Pelayo

Tags: ,

27 alleged narco-politicians triumphed in last election – PNP

by Marje Pelayo   |   Posted on Monday, May 20th, 2019

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) is currently doing a case build up against 27 alleged narco-politicians who won in the recently concluded midterm elections.

According to PNP Chief Police General Oscar Albayalde, from a total of 47 names in the drugs watchlist of politicians, 37 filed their candidacy but only 27 succeeded in the election.

The winning list include several mayors and governors in Luzon.

Albayalde said he is leaving the case to the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).

“Sa Luzon meron. Dito lang sa Region 3 meron (at) sa Region4. Kilala ko ang mga nasa listahan. Alam ko ang mga pangalan nila. Alam ko nanalo ang mga iyon,” Albayalde said.

(There are some in Luzon, in Regions 3 and 4. I know those who are on the list. I know their names. I know they won.)

In case they have proven links to illegal drugs, appropriate charges will be filed against them.

“Continuous naman ang pag-iimbestiga sa kanila and as the SILG have said, kapag merong nakitang ebidensya laban sa kanila, we will file cases both criminal and administrative,” the PNP Chief added.

(Investigation is now ongoing and as the SILG have said, if there are evidence against them, we will file cases both criminal and administrative.)

Rampant vote buying

Albayalde, meanwhile, noted that aside from the P12 million cash authorities seized in anti vote-buying operations, candidates and supporters also distributed rice and eggs to lure voters.

READ: Over P12M seized from vote buying – PNP

The PNP chief said they were able to confiscate a total of 62 sacks of rice and 22 trays of eggs in different areas in Mindanao and Calabarzon Region.

“Wala sa kanilang umaamin kung saan nanggagaling, but we got election campaign material na doon sa specific candidates na iyon,” he said.

(No one would admit as to where the items came from but we got election campaign materials from that specific candidate.)

“But they deny na nanggaling doon sa mga kandidato na iyon at walang gustong magsabi whether the buyer or the seller kung sino or saan galing ang pera,” he added.

(But they deny that the items were from those [specific] candidates. No one, not the buyer nor the seller, wanted to admit where the items or cash came from.) – (with reports from Lea Ylagan) Marje Pelayo

Tags: , , , ,

Albayalde: Cop in EDSA shooting formerly on Duterte’s narcolist

by Marje Pelayo   |   Posted on Wednesday, March 27th, 2019

Photo by PNP

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Police General Oscar Albayalde confirmed that Police Master Sergeant Solomon Cugay was formerly included on President Rodrigo Duterte’s narcolist.

Cugay was the cop killed in a shooting incident at EDSA Connecticut on Tuesday (March 26).

Cugay had previous records of coddling and recycling illegal drugs, according to Albayalde, but the PNP Chief clarified that the former was able to clear his name and was absolved from the case some two years ago.

 “Accordingly, nasa PRRD list siya before. But according to Regional Director Gen. Eleazar pero ito ay na adjudicate na at na clear na sya. Basically, walang nakitang illegal activity niya, (Accordingly he was in PRRD’s list before. But according to Regional Director Gen. Eleazar, he was adjudicated and cleared. Basically, he has no illegal activity,)” Albayalde said.

The PNP Chief assured that the killing of Cugay is now being investigated to reveal the motive of the crime.

Albayalde noted, however, that the incident can be a case of ‘bounty hunting’ where cops kill suspected police scalawags to receive the reward money as many narco-cops in the past had been killed after leaving the gates of the Police Headquarters at Camp Crame.

“Ang motive ng pagbaril sa kanya ay wala pang maliwanag it’s still being investigated di natin alam kung ito ay drugs-related o hindi, (The motive of the shooting is still unclear. It’s still being investigated. We cannot tell yet if it’s drug related or not,)” the PNP Chief noted.

General Albayalde also ordered an investigation as to why a mobile patrol was nowhere near the site of the incident when the crime happened. – Marje Pelayo (with details from Lea Ylagan)

Tags: , , , ,

PRRD offers rape victim refuge in Davao City

by Maris Federez   |   Posted on Friday, March 15th, 2019

“And this time, the most horrible crimes are committed in the Philippines because they kill the husband, they kill the wife, they rape daughters pati infants.”

This is an excerpt of President Rodrigo Duterte’s statement Thursday night (March 14) when he presented to the members of the media the list of politicians who are allegedly involved in drugs, or the narcolist.

The President, at one point in his presentation, underscored the ill-effects of illegal drug use, among them is the increasing number of rape cases.

He added, “pati pari nakasali na [even priests are on it]. I met the victim doon sa ‘yung, sa Bacolod ba ‘yon ? Ah sa Lapu-Lapu. ‘Yung ano ‘yung nirape ng pari [I met the victim from…was it from Bacolod? Ah from Lapu-Lapu. The one raped by the priest].

He further said that one of the victims went to him to seek help.

“So nandiyan kanina ‘yung ano [so they were here a while ago]— begging for protection. Somebody must have guided them here. Sabi ko dito na lang muna kayo sa Davao [I told them to stay here in Davao for the meantime],” he offered.  — Maris Federez

Tags: ,