Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

PDEA awards P7M reward money to 12 informants

by Marje Pelayo   |   Posted on Tuesday, June 26th, 2018

 

Informants receive their cash rewards from PDEA

 

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) on Tuesday (June 26) rewarded the P7 million bounty to 12 informants for their contribution to the agency’s operations against illegal drugs.

Covering their faces with black cloth, the informants personally received the cash money from PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino.

Through their help, Aquino said PDEA was able to arrest 25 drug personalities, demolished one shabu laboratory and hauled P4 billion worth of illegal drugs such as shabu, ephedrine, and marijuana.

Aquino said Operation Private Eye has been effective in encouraging private individuals to report illegal drug activities in their communities.

“Iyong operation private eye, of course, there will be more civilians who will collaborate with us, who will give us information,” Aquino said.

The PDEA Director appreciates the efforts of the civilian sector in information gathering for the success of their anti-drug operations.

”Marami kasing alam yung mga civilians na hindi namin alam. but if these civilians would help us malaman kung anong particular operations na bibirahin namin, mas madali naming makukuha,” he added.

PDEA encourages more participation from the community by reporting to the nearest PDEA regional office or call the agency’s 24/7 hotline numbers 0999-888 PDEA (7332) for Smart subscribers; 0925-573 PDEA (7332) for Sun subscribers; and 0927-9150616 for Globe subscribers. – Charlie Barredo / Marje Pelayo

Tags: , ,

Drug pusher with alleged links to a Chinese drug syndicate nabbed in Pateros

by Marje Pelayo   |   Posted on Wednesday, May 29th, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – A suspected drug pusher with alleged links to a Chinese drug syndicate was nabbed in Barangay Sta. Ana in Pateros on Tuesday evening (May 28).

The suspect, identified as Angelo Reyes, 65, was among the personalities on the police’s drug watchlist.

Police Major General Guillermo Eleazar said Reyes had been under surveillance due to his alleged connection with shabu trade in southern Metro Manila.

“The subject of the buy bust operation is one kilogram of shabu na ang usapan ay P1.5 million (which was priced for P1.5 million),” the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) Regional Director said.

“But initially, dahil sa naging transaksyon ay na-consumate nga dito (But because of the transaction, it was consummated here so) we’re able to confiscate another 500 grams,” he added.

Authorities seized a total of one and a half kilos of shabu with an estimated street value of P10 million.

The NCRPO said Reyes has alleged links to a group of Chinese nationals operating a drug trade in the southern part of Metro Manila and in Laguna.

“Ito rin ang mga nakita na pinaglagyan doon sa ibang operations na malakihang trabaho ng PDEA at ng PNP,” Eleazar explained.

(These are similar containers to those confiscated in big time anti-drug operations of PDEA and the PNP.)

“So, we will be coordinating with PDEA para mabigyan natin sila ng impormasyon na siguradong makakatulong para matunton ‘yung mga koneksyon nitong ating naarestong suspek,” he added.

(So, we will be coordinating with PDEA to brief them of information which may help to track the connections of the arrested suspect.)

Reyes denied using illegal drugs though he admitted that he used to sell drugs to make ends meet.

“Namomorsyento lang kasi ako doon. Hindi naman ako talagang naggagaganoon, (I sell for commissions but I do not use drugs,)” he confessed.

The suspect will face charges for violating Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Security guard, two other drug suspects nabbed in QC

by Marje Pelayo   |   Posted on Monday, May 27th, 2019

Three alleged drug peddlers who were arrested in a drug buy-bust operation in Barangay San Roque, Cubao, Quezon City on Sunday night (May 26, 2019)

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – Three individuals including a security guard were arrested in a drug buy-bust operation in Barangay San Roque, Cubao, Quezon City on Sunday evening (May 26).

According to Police Capt. Ramon Aquiatan Jr., an informant tipped them about the illegal drug operations in the area where 30-year-old Rayan Timan was allegedly a known drug peddler.

He was operating together with two drug surrenders, Roel Viernes alias Balot and Aldyn Ramos who were also arrested in the operation.

“Itong si Timan ang talagang pinaka-source ng dalawa kasi itong si Balot, itong si Roel, ay parang runner niya. Pagka may bumibili doon sa guwardiya, si Balot ang nagtatakbo,” Aquiatan said.

(Timan was the main source [of drugs] while alias Balot or Roel served as his runner. When a customer buys from the guard, Balot handles the transaction.)

Authorities seized about four grams of suspected shabu from the suspects with a street value of P27,000.

The suspects will face charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.

Meanwhile, the public is encouraged to report any suspicious activities in their area through the Philippine National Police (PNP) Hotline Number 117. — Marje Pelayo (with details from Asher Cadapan Jr.)

Tags: , , , , ,

Son of Manila village chief nabbed for drugs, firearms

by Robie de Guzman   |   Posted on Friday, May 24th, 2019

(Left) NCRPO director Major General Guillermo Eleazar and Benedict Cortez alias JonJon (center) | Courtesy : NCRPO

MANILA, Philippines – Police on Friday arrested the son of a village chairman in Tondo, Manila, who is listed in the government’s “narco-list,” for illegal possession of firearms and illegal drugs.

Operatives of the Regional Drug Enforcement Unit (RDEU), Manila Police District, National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) served a search warrant on Benedict Cortez alias JonJon in his residence in Barangay 228 in Tondo at past 4 a.m.

The search warrant was issued by the Manila Regional Trial Court Branch 18.

During the search operation, police found four plastic sachets containing suspected methamphetamine hydrochloride, locally known as shabu, with a street value of more than P300,000, some drug paraphernalia, an unlicensed 12-gauge shotgun and live ammunitions of a .40 caliber gun.

In a media interview, NCRPO director Major General Guillermo Eleazar said Cortez is the son of village chief Ricardo Cortez, who was listed in the government’s narco-list as a high value target.

Eleazar also alleged that the village chief was using his son in peddling illegal drugs in the area.

“Well, considering na nasa narco list siya, eh talagang maingat na kung kaya’t itong anak niya ang nabalitaan natin na siyang naging isa sa mga nagtutulak ng mga droga sa lugar na ito at iyon ang ating hinainan ng search warrant,” he said.

Eleazar added that Cortez has also been suspected of being involved in past shooting incidents in Manila.

Police said Cortez will be charged for violation of Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 and Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act in relation to the Omnibus Election Code.

Police also vowed to continue implementing the government’s war on drugs to arrest individuals linked to illegal drugs.

“Patuloy tayong magsasagawa ng operation against those who are involved in the drugs particularly ‘yung kasama sa narco list ng ating pamahalaan pati na rin ‘yung kanilang mga kamag-anak at kanilang mga koneksyon,” Eleazar said.

He also urged the public to report to the Philippine National Police hotline number 117 any suspicious and illegal activities in their areas. (with details from Asher Cadapan Jr.)

Tags: , , , , ,