Paolo Duterte denies receiving kickbacks from drug syndicates

Robie de Guzman   •   April 3, 2019   •   4607

Paolo Duterte

MANILA, Philippines – Presidential son Paolo “Pulong” Duterte on Wednesday denied accusations that he was one of the principals of a drug syndicate who received millions of pesos in kickbacks.

In a social media post, Duterte slammed a certain “J.S.” whom he alleged as the one behind the video circulating in social media.

The video titled “Ang Totoong Narcolist – Episode 1,” which was uploaded on Tuesday, supposedly details the presidential son’s links to the illegal drug trade.

“POLO DELTA – PAOLO DUTERTE? WOW ha kung makaimbento ka wagas. Galit ka kay Waldo (Carpio) kasi binabara niya lahat ng smuggling mo ng bigas at asukal diba J.S.,” Duterte wrote on his Facebook account.

“Galit ka sa akin kasi di kita pinansin sa eroplano kasi hambog ka! Ngayon pansinin na kita kasama ng kamay ko na kasing laki ng mukha mo pag nangyari yan. Yan ang  totoong balita!” he added.

In the six-minute video that was uploaded and shared on various social media platforms, a narrator showed a “tara” or the list of principals and their monthly kickbacks that were deposited in the alleged drug lords’ bank accounts.

The list also contains their code names, including “POLODELTA-TSG01,” which the narrator claimed referred to Paolo Duterte as represented by his initials.

The narrator also tagged Waldo Reyes Carpio as the owner of the said bank accounts used as Duterte’s dummy in the drug transaction.

Waldo Reyes Carpio is an undersecretary at the Department of Agriculture and the brother of Atty. Manases Carpio, Paolo’s brother-in-law and husband of Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.

A certain “Bikoy” who claimed to be a member of the drug syndicate also appeared in the video and accused Duterte of being a big time drug operator and receiving the biggest share of kickbacks in the drug trade.

“Bikoy” said he knows about these transactions that allegedly occurred from 2010 to 2018 as he is part of the drug group operating in Southern Luzon and Visayas.

But the younger Duterte belied the allegations, saying the list is just fabricated and the accuser was just trying to copy the claims previously made by opposition Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.

“Ang Dragon code ko pala ay “PD 92112” o yan research ka ulit!

Malacañang, meanwhile, dismissed as a mere black propaganda the video circulating on social media linking presidential son to the illegal drug trade.

“Obviously a black propaganda,” Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a text message to reporters.

This is not the first time that Paolo Duterte was linked to the illegal drug trade.

In the previous year, Trillanes had accused the presidential son of being a part of a ‘triad’ or international crime syndicate, a proof of which was the tattoo of a “colored and dragon-like figure” he has on his back. Trillanes also accused Duterte of being involved in the shipment of a P6.4-billion drug haul last May.

Customs broker Mark Taguba also alleged in a Senate hearing that Paolo and his brother-in-law Manases Carpio were behind the Davao group that allegedly facilitated smuggling in the Bureau of Customs.

The presidential son had denied the accusation. – Robie de Guzman (with details from Rosalie Coz)

Laguna, Iloilo City, Cagayan de Oro placed under ECQ starting August 6

Aileen Cerrudo   •   August 5, 2021

Laguna, Iloilo City, and Cagayan de Oro will be placed under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) starting August 6.

In a statement, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. said President Rodrigo Duterte approved the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) to place the said areas under ECQ beginning August 6 until August 15. This is amid the continuous threat of the highly transmissible COVID-19 Delta variant.

Cavite, Lucena City, Rizal and Iloilo Province, meanwhile, will be placed under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) from August 6 to August 15.

Batangas and Quezon, on the other hand, shall be placed under general community quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions from August 6 to August 15. AAC

 

Pahayag ni Pangulong Duterte na pagdadala ng maraming pera sa kampanya, idinepensa ng Palasyo

Robie de Guzman   •   July 19, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Ipinagtanggol ng Palasyo ng Malakanyang ang panibagong kontrobersiyal na pahayag ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte hinggil sa pagdadala ng maraming pera sa pangangampanya.

Ayon kay Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, fund-raising sa mga pribadong indibiduwal ang tinutukoy ng punong ehekutibo na hindi naman aniya ipinagbabawal ng batas.

Batid rin aniya ng pangulo na iligal gamitin ang pondo ng taumbayan para sa anomang partisan activities lalo na sa vote-buying.

“There is no prohibition in the Omnibus Election Code to raise funds from private individuals for the candidacies of individuals. So, that is what the president meant, it is an assurance to his party mates that he will not only physically campaign for them he will also raise funds for them,” ang paliwanag ni Roque.

Sa National Assembly ng partidong PDP-Laban sa Clark, Pampanga noong Sabado, sinabi ni Pangulong Duterte na handa siyang mangampanya para sa mga miyembro ng partido na nais muling kumandidato sa nalalapit na halalan. Magdadala rin aniya siya ng sako-sakong pera.

“Those running for reelection, ikakampanya ko kayo city por city. Totoo ‘yan. Kayong mga nagtatakbo, I will — I commit to you. Talagang pupunta ako city por city, province por province, kakampanya ko kayo. Pero — at saka magdala ako ng maraming pera por sako kung mayroon,” ang pahayag ng pangulo.

Una nang kinuwestiyon ni Bagong Alyansang Makabayan Secretary-General Renato Reyes ang pahayag na ito ng punong ehekutibo at sinabing may salapi ang pangulo para sa kampanya pero walang pera para sa ayuda sa pandemic response, at mga sektor na labis na naapektuhan ng krisis.

Samantala, sinabi naman ng Palasyo na sa kasalukuyan ay wala pang pinal na listahan ng senatorial bets si Pangulong Duterte para sa 2022 elections bagaman ilan na sa kaniyang mga gabinete ang iniendorso nito sa publiko. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Rosalie Coz)

DOJ, BI: No record indicating recent departure of Peter Lim from PH

Robie de Guzman   •   June 28, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Suspected drug lord Peter Lim has not left the country since 2017, the Department of Justice (DOJ) said Friday.

Citing records from the Bureau of Immigration, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Lim’s last recorded foreign travel was nearly four years ago.

“Per BI records, there is no record of departure by Peter Go Lim. His last recorded foreign travel was in 2017,” Guevarra said in a statement.

Lim’s passport also expired in 2019, the DOJ said.

Guevarra, however, said that authorities couldn’t really be sure if Lim is still in the Philippines as the country “has a very extensive coastline.”

“We cannot really be sure. Our country has a very extensive coastline. There are known backdoors in our southern borders,” he said.

Interior Secretary Eduardo Año earlier said that authorities had received information that Lim is no longer in the country.

The Philippine National Police said it is validating reports on Lim’s supposed departure from the country.

And if the reports were true, PNP chief General Guillermo Eleazar said concerned agencies have been coordinating with their foreign counterparts to help locate and arrest Lim.

“Mahuhuli at mahuhuli rin siya whether siya nasa loob ng bansa o wala sa loob ng bansa. It’s just a matter of time,”  Eleazar said.

Lim is accused of supply illegal drugs to the so-called Espinosa drug syndicate operating in parts of the Visayas in 2013 and 2014.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.